Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breaking News - New Diamana W series

Go down 
+18
shamusan
Turbo
slinger
willie24
OBMeister
enwee
MLP
golfaholic
Rafj
nicasio
eiji
BabyCroc
flamer0454
andrew-golf
Yarra
asahi
mengteck71
DGman
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:28 pm

next temptress on the circuit.......

arrived today and i am not going to say much at this point. i have to chase people out at 8.15 pm and that has caused great distress to my pets as i cannot enjoy more bonding time with my guppies. 

so here we go.....testers are lining up on our FB page.

Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 9690650529_c69bd6db22_z

Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 9693894254_e729c7333a_z

Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 9690650349_1081d838c5_z

Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 9690650193_3217aa940f_z

Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 9693885202_8b01a7b8b4_z

have a great weekend.....DGman

PS...the first golfer in Sg to have one out on test is our new National Amateur Champion followed by the several contributers of delicious delicatessen......
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Wooohoooooo........I loike
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:58 pm

shaft colour will look nice with Xhot and Optiforce.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:23 pm

i think the match is made in heaven.......the legacy black, the optiforce or the Xhot.

basically any black, silver or white head.

might clash with the orange Cobra or pink Ping....again many people are colour blind........or coordinate insensitive...

finally its the first whiteboard available in 50+g.

Last edited by DGman on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:09 am

Legacy black + W60S = awesome
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:16 am

For those looking to lower launch and kill spin, this is it.  It is heaven-and-earth compared to the 'Ahina it replaces and we have proven that for a month, now...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Update:

The 60S demo shaft is not going back to the Den.....

Review coming out tonight...but Yarra had touched on the key features of the shaft already....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:19 pm

asahi wrote:
Update:

Review coming out tonight...but Yarra had touched on the key features of the shaft already....
next sunday u free???

we play for the shaft...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:45 pm

slinger wrote:
asahi wrote:
Update:

next sunday u free???

we play for the shaft...
Bo eng!!!

White Flag
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:02 pm

asahi wrote:
Update:

Can't wait, I am sure you love this shaft...  cheers
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Okay folks....the long awaited range review of the W series demo shaft yours truly took out from the Den after surviving the '18 Bronze Men' ordeal etc.....anyway, you get the drift on how tough it was.

Twisted Evil 

Evidence of the 2 demo shafts that went out last Sat. Hiaz....without this pic, I would have gotten away scot free. I took the 60S out, of course.

Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 9695075408_0285cba19b

Had a go at this black beauty at OCC range on Sunday afternoon. Not my usual routine but the itch was there; to test the shaft.
Used my incumbent beloved Tour AD BB as comparison in terms of feel, performance, flight and looks.

Looks

Dun get me wrong. I still like the setup look of my BB. But this black beauty of a shaft with the matching black PURE grip is truly another sight to behold!
Fell in love instantly!

Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 <a href=Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 9711070890_9b66c80c6d   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 9711072234_92dc2baeae

Feel Factor

The W series is certainly an easier shaft to load as compared to the BB; less boardy feel with a nice whipping twang to it on the downswing to connect sweetly with the ball.
Dun be mistaken...I am not saying it has an active tip. But somehow, for hitters like me, I can just swing and have a real go at it. And the stability upon impact is superb!!!
Not sure whether my striking that day was on song...but here's the impact with the black beauty.

Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 <a href=Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 9711067338_ebdb8658dc

Flight & Performance

Against the BB, the W series provided a more ascending ball flight that starts out low. The BB being more boring. 
Spin wise, from my estimation, it seems to be on the low side, probably just a tad higher than the BB. This, I will need to cfm on the Trackman at the Den.
For the W series, the initial climb of the ball will go on all the way till it hits a peak then proceed down on a forward roll kind of descent. 
From what I can see, definitely better carry than the BB. 

To sum it up, the W series is definitely a shaft to swing and hit with great ease and with 'maximum' results; superb ball flight with good carry. 
The loading of the shaft is definitely easier than the BB. Ease of use/swing is definitely there.
Add in the fierce, chio looks factor.......you have a winner, ladies & gentlemen. 
This shaft is soooooo going into the bag as a concubine to my BB.....for now. hehe.....  

My finale recommendation is.....mai tu liao.....quickly get fitted with one today!  
As for me, I am not going back to the Den for a while......coz this shaft is mine!!!!! My precioussssss.......muahahhahahha.....

Twisted Evil 

Stay tuned for on course review after this Thursday......Swing 

p.s. Babycroc, paiseh, the Fujikura come-hither looks did not poison me as deep as this W series......heh
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:25 pm

there is only 2 60S that came as part of the demo kit that was shipped to BFG (as per shown here)......

Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 9693894254_e729c7333a_z

they are both gone.... 

A fast hand fast leg GRian came during his work break and forgot his antidote......
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Got 50 demo to try??? Lol
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 pm

now imagine this........

with this........

Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 9710928852_d56d96dd38_z

even the newly crowned national am champion could not resist.......

DGman
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:32 pm

enwee wrote:
But I see a big sales in this, mainly thks to mr TW....Twisted Evil 
You sure? TW is using the White Board on his driver ... Sergio Garcia is also using the white board ...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:34 pm

enwee...come....

ETW since july...

Tiger Woods WITB
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 pm

DGman wrote:

now imagine this........

with this........

Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 9710928852_d56d96dd38_z

even the newly crowned national am champion could not resist.......

DGman
Don't have to imagine, I can tell you they will be great!  Waiting for my own 50X to arrive...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:42 pm

Is....i will pass you the demo 50X...don't have to wait, just make sure one of your guys pick it up from me.. 

the new W pleasantly surprised me in terms of the spin nos and the remark from the players on its playability. 

it will have its own wave of adopters. imagine its like the "fubuki K on steroids and high on grass". Suspect
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:46 pm

MLP wrote:
is it going to be over $600?
My guess is S$400 ++ ...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:51 pm

asahi wrote:
Against the BB, the W series provided a more ascending ball flight that starts out low. The BB being more boring. 
Spin wise, from my estimation, it seems to be on the low side, probably just a tad higher than the BB. This, I will need to cfm on the Trackman at the Den.
For the W series, the initial climb of the ball will go on all the way till it hits a peak then proceed down on a forward roll kind of descent. 
From what I can see, definitely better carry than the BB. 

To sum it up, the W series is definitely a shaft to swing and hit with great ease and with 'maximum' results; superb ball flight with good carry. 
Asahi,

Such a great review.  However, my findings is a little different than yours.

Of course, we tested a 70S in a Titleist 913 D2 and D3, both 8.5* and an 80S in Titleist 3 woods, both 913F and FD.  Tester has about 103-105mph swing speed, attack angle vary between -1 to +2.5 with quick tempo and transition.  This guy is a die-hard Titleist fan and for the longest time we had a hard time finding the right shaft to give him an optimal numbers and result for any of his Titleist drivers and fairways.

In the D2 and shallow-faced fairway... We found the 70S produced substantial lower spin than BB and launch a tad, if any, higher than BB.  Most interestingly, it starts to peak where the BB starts to descend and gives him some distance in roll he never seen in his drive before.  It gives much more flatter trajectory and much lower angle of descend.  Dispersion is comparable to his Diamana X.  In the fairway, we found identical flight pattern.

I can't talk about distance gain and all since we know his brute force can produce such amazing length if not for the unfit combo that he insists on playing all these times.  Amazing what a guy would sacrifice for a brand...

However, in a course we play every Tuesday, he did drive a par 4 which usually play 320 yards... landed just before the green and stopped a good 7 yards behind the green!

Moving onto his D3 and FD, we can't even have an optimum launch angle to maximize his carry...

I have not tested the 60S against the BB, and I am so looking forward to get my hands on the 50X to try out myself in my OptiForce.  I think I finally find one promising combo to replace my Superquad 282 and Wyvern combo that I swear by all these years...

But it might be a case just like the Fubuki-K where I found the 70 grams behaving much different than the lighter version...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:53 pm

DGman wrote:
Is....i will pass you the demo 50X...don't have to wait, just make sure one of your guys pick it up from me.. 

the new W pleasantly surprised me in terms of the spin nos and the remark from the players on its playability. 

it will have its own wave of adopters. imagine its like the "fubuki K on steroids and high on grass". Suspect
Will arrange my forward first thing tomorrow morning to arrange a pick-up from Bukit Merah...  Thanks heaps, Master...  bounce
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 12:02 am

Yarra, FYI, I tested the W series on the Extreme Fit 9.5 driver. 
My swing speed bout 90-95 mph. AOA between -2 to +0.5.

Concur on the part you said about the W series still climbing when the BB starts its descent. 

If I may take it further, I would say this is a better version (easier to swing and hit) of the Whiteboard which is more boardy, IMO, to load and swing. 

In any case, boy, this shaft is one hell of a shaft.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 1:43 am

asahi wrote:
Yarra, FYI, I tested the W series on the Extreme Fit 9.5 driver. 
My swing speed bout 90-95 mph. AOA between -2 to +0.5.

Concur on the part you said about the W series still climbing when the BB starts its descent. 

If I may take it further, I would say this is a better version (easier to swing and hit) of the Whiteboard which is more boardy, IMO, to load and swing. 

In any case, boy, this shaft is one hell of a shaft.
Asahi,

Can't agree more.  For such a low-launch shaft, this is actually less boardy than I would expect it to be.  Surprisingly easy to play, too.  Still think this is not the shaft for everyone but it will fit a broader range of players than the original WB and 'Ahina did...
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:42 am

so its softer??
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:34 am

shamusan wrote:
so its softer??
Compared to the white board, yes Shamusan!

Kick point, I feel is mid-high. M

But I may be wrong....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News - New Diamana W series   Breaking News - New Diamana W series - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking News - New Diamana W series
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next