Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What putting drill has given you the best results

Go down 
+2
MLP
GolfMad62
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

What putting drill has given you the best results Empty
PostSubject: What putting drill has given you the best results   What putting drill has given you the best results I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 9:47 am

I am interested to know what putting drills you use and what gives you the best results when you take it to the course.
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

PostSubject: Re: What putting drill has given you the best results   What putting drill has given you the best results I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:26 am

I practice mostly at home, putting the ball across the floors. The key is to make sure that the ball rolls end over end. Meaning that if you drew a line over the ball, it would not "wobble" as the ball rolls.
On the practice greens, I practice 5ft and 10ft putts. I try to let the ball feed into the hole as opposed to ramming the ball in. I suppose it helps with my distance control.
Back to top Go down
MadScientist
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What putting drill has given you the best results   What putting drill has given you the best results I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:10 am

I find that trusting myself works best... Although not the easiest, surprisingly.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: What putting drill has given you the best results   What putting drill has given you the best results I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:27 am

I place the ball in-between two tees position in parallel to in-grain the feel on the squaring of the putter face to the ball at the critical part of the downswing ... good putt 
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

PostSubject: Re: What putting drill has given you the best results   What putting drill has given you the best results I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:58 am

I have two methods, the 1st is that I put nearly every day at home on an 8ft putting mat. I focus on the key aspects of my putting: stance, ball position and swing. Because I die the ball in to the hole rather than give it a belt rhythm is important to me. My 2nd drill is on the practice green where I do one chip one putt from different locations and lies. I try to go ten out of ten, if I miss I start again.
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mrkatsucurry

PostSubject: Re: What putting drill has given you the best results   What putting drill has given you the best results I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Bro, where did you get an 8 ft putting matt?
Back to top Go down
str3ak
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What putting drill has given you the best results   What putting drill has given you the best results I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:10 pm

I read this drill online somewhere. Starting from 1 foot (where you just knock the ball in) on a flat surface up to 6 feet. putt 6 in a row and redo. It helped wonders with my confidence.

Another was distance control where I take 10 balls and do 10 long putts and my aim was to get the ball around the magical 3 foot circle where I would be able to comfortably make the putt in two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What putting drill has given you the best results   What putting drill has given you the best results I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What putting drill has given you the best results
Page 1 of 1