Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S300 vs KBS tour

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 11:54 pm

Anyone tried or switched from one to another? how do they compare? S300 is abt 10g heavier... if change from S300 to KBS tour, is it becoz of weight?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Bro, these two shafts are totally different animals ... I have gamed both before ... Currently using KBS Tour stiff ... The feeling of TT DG S300 can be harshed if you fail to hit the sweet spot ... Yes, it is heavier & stiffer (lower torque) than KBS Tour. The former is 130g whereas the latter is about 115g. Also, if one does not have the required swing speed, it would feel boardy ... S300 ball trajectory is much lower than KBS Tour. Juz like Proj X, one needs to load the shaft sufficiently before you can derive dividends out of it ...

You can easily buy 2nd hand TT DG S300 from fitting shops or shops that sell shafts at a low price as many local golfers dumped them or trade-in to other more user-friendly shafts like NSPRO, etc.

Hope the above helps ...

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 12:13 am

Currently using nspro... I tried to do a few swings at creative joe and feel that kbs tour is also quite light... S300 I can really feel the weight of the club. So not sure if I should get a set with heavier shaft.

is the weight the factor that make you change or more the feel?
Back to top Go down
phatish
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:59 am

S300 on my spare set of irons and I find it too heavy for my liking. Might want to change it out. We can do a trade if you want to try S300 shaft...
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:22 am

I've tried both before.. but the KBS was on X flex... In my most humble opinion, i like the S300 more. The reason being that it is heavier, I can feel like it is holding me back just a tad which allows me to rip my shots without the fear of the club getting too hard ahead of me. However, from a ball flight perspective, the S300 had a little bit of a "take off" kind of trajectory. It starts off low and then mid-flight when the forward momentum dies off and the backspin kicks in, the ball rises steeply and then falls out of the sky. I would suspect that this is good if you want to reduce rollout. The KBS however had a higher overall ball flight but it was a boring ball flight. Which means that, at least by my agaration, it starts on a given trajectory and stays on that path until it descends unlike the S300 it has no upwards kick towards the end.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:23 pm

not using them anymore?
Back to top Go down
phatish
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:59 am

Plan to change out my S300 after finding replacement shaft for my irons
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 2:36 pm

weesern wrote:
Currently using nspro... I tried to do a few swings at creative joe and feel that kbs tour is also quite light... S300 I can really feel the weight of the club. So not sure if I should get a set with heavier shaft.

is the weight the factor that make you change or more the feel?

It is not exactly the shaft weight that made me switched to KBS Tour shafts. In fact I prefer heavier clubs ... I don't like my shaft to be almost the same or heavier than my iron head, as I prefer to feel the weight of the head more than the shaft itself during the swing ... In addition, my swing has become less aggressive over the years ... :p
Back to top Go down
yanhaotiong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Used to play KBS Tour and changed to DG TI recently. They actually feel the same even on mishits. Both did not feel harsh on my hands. From what I understand, KBS Tour is a mid launch, high spin shaft while DG TI is a low launch, high spin shaft. At our level, you probably wouldn't feel that much of a difference from that 10g difference.

From my experience on the course the DG TI ball flight is very penetrating. The KBS just goes too high. Spin is almost identical on both and they hold the green very well. I also feel my KBS being a little stiffer.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:09 pm

yanhaotiong wrote:
Used to play KBS Tour and changed to DG TI recently. They actually feel the same even on mishits. Both did not feel harsh on my hands. From what I understand, KBS Tour is a mid launch, high spin shaft while DG TI is a low launch, high spin shaft. At our level, you probably wouldn't feel that much of a difference from that 10g difference.

From my experience on the course the DG TI ball flight is very penetrating. The KBS just goes too high. Spin is almost identical on both and they hold the green very well. I also feel my KBS being a little stiffer.

I thought at our level we will feel more of the 10g as we are not as fit physically... at least I felt the difference by just swinging the club... have not try hitting balls with them though.
Back to top Go down
yanhaotiong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 8:50 pm

I probably can't comment on this as I used both the KBS and DG with the same weight. But i guess you're feeling the Swing weight difference more than the 10g shaft weight. Different shaft will result in different swing weights with the same club head.

Which range you frequent? I can let you try a DG TI, KBS TOUR X and KB Tour S. I also have a 3i in PX 6.5 if you want to try, but its the most harsh shaft i have ever seen when you mishit.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:59 pm

usually go to MBGCC... thanks for the offer but dun think i will be able to use ur clubs... i think too stiff for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

S300 vs KBS tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: S300 vs KBS tour   S300 vs KBS tour I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S300 vs KBS tour
Page 1 of 1