Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swingtip Swing analyzer

Go down 
+4
R2D3
snagy23
leobody
sob
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

Swingtip Swing analyzer Empty
PostSubject: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Took advantage of the free shipping by Amazon to buy a swing analyzer.
Used it for the first time the other day and here's my take on it.

Intitial look and set up

-Box came only four items inside, cradle, analyzer, adjustment sleeves and charging cable so nothing fantastic
could have made it smaller IMHO.

- Quick start up FAQ included

- Charging via USB cable provided, can use mobile device charger(I used my iphone charger)

- 2 hr for 1st charge, subsequent less than 1 hour

- App available for Android and Iphone

- Linking via bluetooth, easy and no hassle for setup

-Cradle took some getting use to to fix on shaft, esp alignment otherwise will display wrong face contact.At least an alighnment tool is provided

- Cradle sits nicely and resistant to the impact.

- Analyzer sildes into cradle, will not fly off.

Actual use

- App selection for iron or driver before swing

- Has to impact on ball

- registers almost immediately upon swing

- app shows swing path, club face on impact, contact on club face, tempo and swing speed
from three different views top, front and target.

- Different colors for back swing and forward swing.

- gives reviews on backswing, acceleration and other inputs upon completion of swing.

- Does not seem to add more weigh to the shaft

- Repeated swing is captured and can be reviewed later.

Sorry not so good at reviewing
Bros wanting more review pls see below links with pics

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=18213
Back to top Go down
leobody
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:20 pm

wow.. wanted to get that too!
pls review more !!
was thinking of 3bays too.. not sure which is better..
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Bro sob, can let us know how much you got it for?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
R2D3
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:18 pm

I had 3baygsa and had to say it does what it says well. Though after using for a few sessions, I find that I only look at the swing speed and tempo. The open/close/square clubface really is dependent on how you align it properly, I gave up on it after the first session. Very Happy

Would be nice if there is measurement of attack angle, but it seems like attack angle is something that only the high end equipment measures.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Got it from Amazon, took advantage of the free shipping!

Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:46 pm

R2D3 wrote:
I had 3baygsa and had to say it does what it says well. Though after using for a few sessions, I find that I only look at the swing speed and tempo. The open/close/square clubface really is dependent on how you align it properly, I gave up on it after the first session. Very Happy

Would be nice if there is measurement of attack angle, but it seems like attack angle is something that only the high end equipment measures.

Not sure about the 3baygsa, but I like the club face indicator sweet spot or not.
Also some of the other points I like

- flat or steep swing
- smooth downswing transition
- on plane indicator

Back to top Go down
leobody
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:29 pm

R2D3 wrote:

Are the distance measured quite accurate?
Back to top Go down
R2D3
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:06 am

Sob, 3baygsa shows the swing plane in 3D, but i dun really know how to make it work for me. Lol

Leobody, the distance looks abt right for mine, though it seems just a tad optimistic. Gave me prob abt few metres more. Haha, but it doesn't have radar so can't track the ball. Basically it calculates ur swing speed, club loft etc to produce the distance, so u can actually just do a swing without hitting balls or topped it and still get good distance readout
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:38 am

Anyone has try these with flightscope or trackman? how does the numbers compare?
Back to top Go down
R2D3
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:02 pm

There are some youtube videos on comparing 3baygsa results with trackman and the results were pretty close. probably a few yards difference (for distance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sYf6mR3pTI
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 pm

i think the clip only compare swing speed... not sure if the path and face angle will be as close... if I want to get on, I will be more interested in the path and face angle than the swing speed and distance coz once u know you swing speed, chance of a significant increase is not normal unless there is some changes physically to the body (Swing or strength)
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:16 pm

There is another device - skygolfpro

The quest for better golf through technology has been undertaken by SkyGolf, maker of the SkyCaddie rangefinder, with the introduction of SkyPro. (http://golfskypro.com)

A swing analyzer and training tool, SkyPro features a small, lightweight device (under an ounce) that attaches to a golf club just below the grip and provides a variety of swing feedback, via bluetooth, to a smartphone app.

Anyone reviewed this ?
Back to top Go down
brandonlim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Hmm, this swing analyzer thingy, wouldn't it be good for beginners to "perfect" the swing?

or is it like a fancy thing that can wait..
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:58 am

brandonlim wrote:
Hmm, this swing analyzer thingy, wouldn't it be good for beginners to "perfect" the swing?

or is it like a fancy thing that can wait..

it's dependent on what one's expectations are and on one's ability to learn base on the info provided.
It does not solve any fundamental swing/ equipment issues that one might have, but it helps one understand their swing better and see what happens during the swing.

How many times have we thought that it was a good but the resulting ball does not show it.
Back to top Go down
ranctor
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ranctor

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:44 pm

check out Swingbyte2. Awesome apps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swingtip Swing analyzer   Swingtip Swing analyzer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swingtip Swing analyzer
Page 1 of 1