Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?

Go down 
+5
clarencekim
S70B
Ssquirrel
Technospaz
Duval_S
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? Empty
PostSubject: Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?   Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:03 am

Just a bit curious, why so many PGA golfers using TM ah? Last nite, just realized Martin Kaymer no longer Tit-tit-less but using TailorMade now.....

I had heard informally that golfers do get sponsorship and $ for using the clubs.....if that is true, then TM must be paying hell of a lot of money.

Disclaimer: I am just an unbias aspiring golfer....just someone trying to understand the market a bit more...

Thanks....DS
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?   Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:15 am

They all bought from Golfers' Network during the sale.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?   Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:22 am

Duval_S wrote:

I had heard informally that golfers do get sponsorship and $ for using the clubs.....if that is true, then TM must be paying hell of a lot of money.

Bro.. this is true for every sport leh.. All endorsements and sponsorships is big money for the players..
Because many people will buy the equipment when they see they "hero" play it.
If you see many golfers use TM, you'd think TM makes superior equipment and therefore spend money to buy it.
But.. what the pro's use is different from what u and I can buy off the shelves.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?   Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Yes Kaymer is with TM but the ironic thing is he's still rocking that Ping Rapture driver that brough him all the moolah. Ping Golf
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?   Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:10 pm

I thought Titleist has the most touring PGA pros using their equipment and Pro V balls?

CK
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?   Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Many Americans look up to TaylorMade as a superior golf brand.

Just like my cousin who lives in California.

Accdg. to him, he has visited several Golf brand headquarters in SoCaL, and he is most impressed at TaylorMade.

well, thats his opinion...
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
sjack73
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?   Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:31 pm

I guess it all comes down to marketing prowess. Pros get paid for endorsling the products, and Taylormade sponsors so many of these pros. Was reading an article once about why Lucas Glover wears non-branded stuff, cuz he wants to focus on playing golf, and not distracted by the marketing commitments from these companies. I guess whatever rocks your boat...
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?   Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:13 pm

Lucas Glover meh?? thought was Ryan Moore... anyway, I got the point

If you read the latest copy of Golf Digest SG, last page, there is one chart on on-course earnings vs off-course earnings...

I think most players make more morning from off-course earnings... except Rory McAlroy I think....

even Anikka Sorenstam is on the list, even though she has retired... her on course earnings = 0
but her off course earnings still in the millions!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?   Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:03 am

pocketace wrote:
Lucas Glover meh?? thought was Ryan Moore... anyway, I got the point

If you read the latest copy of Golf Digest SG, last page, there is one chart on on-course earnings vs off-course earnings...

I think most players make more morning from off-course earnings... except Rory McAlroy I think....

even Anikka Sorenstam is on the list, even though she has retired... her on course earnings = 0
but her off course earnings still in the millions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro, when is our next game? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?   Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:00 am

bro

Wed 17 Feb NSRCC lor... see u that day, remember wear red!

i am still open for biz on 18, and 19 hehehe...

then following week off for biz travel again leh... week day round of golf is a luxury for me
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?   Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Bro, ya right. Luckily no need to wear RED underwear Superman's style... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?   Why so many TaylorMade on PGA? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why so many TaylorMade on PGA?
Page 1 of 1