Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?

Go down 
+14
jurongtiger
hillgreen
IGT
Ngn52
DGman
leobody
asahi
bkll
mariateo
Turbo
pocketace
Birdman
enwee
hkhamateur
18 posters
AuthorMessage
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? Empty
PostSubject: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:59 pm

I hve never believe nor be fitted before till my very first experience since 2012.
For me, all re great!

1st time visit, Sigma.
( Attended one FREE golf clinic, FREE access of flight scope moniter & help me in improvg a better swing. Brought a new SC California Monterey 1.5 at a gd price)
1st time visit, BFG.
( Boss seat in to read my ball flight thru trackman n discussion fm 1+pm till 6pm n get me fitted in my very first AM shafts, SF i80. A promised delivery the next day! Beautiful IOMIC grip col to match n importantly i m enjoyg my game finally!)
1st time visit, Golfwerkz.
( Spencer help me resolved my pb on a pre-owned AM Excalibur driver shaft which s shorter than I was told of a play length 45 when i brought it here! Weight balance, grip selection n retained the shaft length nt shorten further n result: I found at least 13 fairway n distance increased! My long hitter kakis now dun hve to shout fr me to take my second shot liao..hahaha)
1st time visit, Tradehub.
(Found a very gd conditn pre-owned NSPRO950 shafts in reasonable price n fitted nicely on my Miura Giken PP. Workmanship was gd n neat.)
1st time visit, Torque Golf.
( Fearing of kena axe bt Benz was very friendly in gettg us fitted in his shop. Unselfish he shared w me n my kakis on few puttg n iron swing tips..Importantly his understandg on our need fr the selected grip n size. And workmanship was gd! Never felt so comfortable gripping my irons n takg the shot!)

1st time spendg monies on the abv good fitters and I am happy man oso!
So..are you guys?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Bro HK, you went to so many fitters? Wow...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:33 pm

Excellent start to your thread HK. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:44 pm

1st time visit BFG, Eric asked me to look for Allen Kelly instead hahahahaj
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:49 pm

pocketace wrote:

Allen Kelly is a patient and very good swing coach currently teaching in Laguna CC ... He used BFG irons, wedges and Zen putter which are sponsored by BFG ...
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mariateo

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm not an impulsive buyer. Therefore will not buy on first visit. My best experience, I must say, is at BFG. No pressure to purchase at all. Boss very friendly and let us ( i went with a PRO) try everything in the shop. He even insisted that I take a fishy stick for 1 week .... Alas i wasn't up to the standard. Love the shaft though. Returned it 1 week later and still thinking of the shaft.

Went to sigma. Scared the hell outta my life. Felt very pressure to purchase. Don't think I would wanna go back there again. 

Torque is very friendly. Purchased pro lock from them last year. May go back for Miuras.  But I like mloy shaft, which she got it at Wiz golf. Haven't been there yet. 

I go to Raymond for regripping and other minor stuff. Very nice guy. Sometimes I find very good find there.
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 4:21 pm

1st time visit, BFG
Eric looked at my swing, gave me some tips. Swing not consistent enough for fitting. Didn't charge me anything.

2nd time visit, BFG ( 2 years later)
Swing is more consistent. Eric measured my driver (shaft, loft, etc). Told me my current driver fits me okay, no changes needed. Gave me some more swing tips. Didn't charge me anything again. Feeling paiseh, bought a pair of sunglasses.

1st visit, Wizgolf
Needed lie angle fitting for my irons. Khee Wee checked and altered my set of irons. Very reasonable charges. My irons significantly more accurate after that. He also saved a copy of my specs for future use ( like visiting a doctor).

Both places are very professional and sincere in helping golfers. Not out to hardsell you.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 6:49 pm

In no particular order, happy with those who had fitted me before...

DGman at BFG
Khee Wei at Wizgolf
Ivan at Ivan's Fitting

Despite their best intentions and help, I am currently relegated to knitting....will be a while before
I am back.....
Hwaiting!!!!!
Back to top Go down
leobody
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:54 pm

1st time BFG. Eric say my posture wrong. Not the club problem is the swing. Didnt charge me anything.. still feeling pai seh.. gonna change my putter grip soon
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:14 am

looks like nobody ever get fitted at BFG.....Very Happy

would like to share a story that unfolds after more than 2 years and still ongoing....

one evening just before we closed a young kid came in with his mom and dad. his dad asked me to look at his putting and asked if i can teach him how to putt as that was apparently his weakest link. so we started and for the next 2 and half years, he came almost every monday. the first 3 months was intensive cos he has to change the way he thinks and drilled in a process that he is not familiar with. so over time, we were also tasked with looking at his equipment and it was just filling in whenever needed. 

Fast forward to present.....he has a bag that look like a pile of junk cos he never cleans his equipment and i have to nag him and even make him wash his clubs at the Den. his driver is an old busted Razr Fit 8.5 with a Fubuki K 60X, his FW are 910 with 60S TourAD SF, Hybrids SF i80 S, irons BFG with KBS Tour 90 S (into his 2nd set and by year end we have to change out again cos the grooves will wear out) wedges BFG 51, 55 and 59 and putter ZEN ZIM QN. 

We only look at equipment when he starts to have problem. About 2 months ago, he mentioned that his driver was going a bit high, so we had a look at the swing and identify a few areas to improve. the most obvious was the impact position and explaining what lag and how to execute them enabled him to play the low fade, high draw and even low draw from driver to mid irons. The boys is so good that he will even send me videos to show me his progress.

so this week i had a nice surprise, not of his standing but of the score.....how often does one shoot 6 under off the blue at seletar and beat all the national team boys in the group.....best of all the boy is only 15+.

Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? 9030519167_ffaab9bd64_o

anyway to cut a long story short, the relationship with his dad is funny, he would want to buy the best equipment whenever. but he never gets his wish cos there are always subtle upgrades and never big changes. when he comes after his young son informed him of the changes we have made, its always about bargaining - he wants to pay more and most of the time we have to compromise....its quite an experience when the roles are reversed. 

Now as a fitter and mentor nothing is more satisfying when your customer or student goes on stage to collect a prize and specifically thank you and your company for the contribution. this happened last this week at the POSB Seletar Junior (i was not there but parents of other boys reported this to me). i did get a SMS message from Yash saying "Uncle Eric, this time i remembered to wear the BFG shirt at the prize presentation"....now thats very comforting.

So fitting is a 2 way process and the better you get, the easier to fit and its never always about the equipment even when you are that good. so my advice is stop fiddling with equipment, go out there, trained, play and motivate yourself to be a better golfer. the result will come..

it does not matter who says who is good or not good. we know where we stand in the fitting world and the mix of equipment we offer. we also know we will only get better with our experience and already we know what we can offer in 2014 and we hope to make some pretty stunning announcement about how much changes will be available in fitting from next year onwards. stay tuned for lots of new exclusive products in components and shafts coming on...commercial break.

Hope you have a great weekend and a great week ahead.

DGman

PS - 66 is not his lowest score in competition. his best was 63 at the San Diego Junior last year where he won the competition for his age group. also we hope to show you his picture next week, hopefully with another trophy which he is defending.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Ngn52
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:43 am

My daughter get her club fitted at "The Golf Studio" at Aljunied Link, Owner Mark Higgs very well developed her golf club and she's happy and score with confident!!
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 4:37 pm

pocketace wrote:

+10. Super like!

Bro, this is what we are looking for i.e. honest recommendation. We want a solution; much more than a product.

If a shop who always bends every possible way to push or sell products yet don't get customers' problem fixed, they may win the first deals but may not keep the customers.

Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Tried a few fitter and in the end dunno why still feel tradehub Ray is still the best price with reasonable service... his main adv is also his con....    he normally fit clubs himselves...  so if busy,  he will not have enuf  attention for you..

Had friends that have fitted their irons on some recommended fitter.  First set was very well fitted and naturally had recommended us to fit..     however,  subsequent fitting was done by his assistant and guess what...   similiar sets of iron with same shaft was fitted with a d6 sw!   obviously, the qc was not done and we had lost faith in this shop.  

Also, had done fitting on one shop in west.  fitter told me no need spine for shaft as no lt much difference.  .  ha,  totallly nonsense as i tried the fitted club and it was crabby job.   brought it to another fitter and i secretly did a marking on the shaft before asking to spine it.   guess what?  Ray re- spined for me and i was able to hit straighter .

Still u have to be comfortable with the fitter and know what u wanted in order not to be conned.  But  must say that most of fitter here in sg are of some standards already..   i was once in a  kl golf fitter shop and the owner told me they just started spining shaft only and most customers do not ask for it and thus nearly all fitter never have to do this..
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Enjoys a Tiger or two as well. right mate??!!

Turbo wrote:
pocketace wrote:

Allen Kelly is a patient and very good swing coach currently teaching in Laguna CC ... He used BFG irons, wedges and Zen putter which are sponsored by BFG ...
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:25 pm

No comment, never had the luxury of bespoke fitting services.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:01 pm

I have only been fitted by two fitters.
1) BFG:- boss is very knowledgable, again, he dont hard sell, most time tell me not to waste money on this and that. so far, fitted with irons, wedges (2x2nd hand bfg wedges which boss help to fine tune for free), putter (short 32, but i have been able to putt very well after that). So far have higher confidence that what i am playing is for me, anything not right, than now i know is not equipment its me!

2) Golfworkz:- fitted for driver shaft by spencer, get guy and nice talking to. easy going and not pushy. so far has used my GD DJ shaft. year end present for myself maybe looking at B-series 50. still got to build up my resources.

There are alot of passionate fitter out within us. which i am glad to say willing to share and not just business and selling but really help weekend golfers to improve.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:39 pm

My own personal view (caveat emptor) is I prefer to go to a service (& product) provider who is sincere & passionate in providing you the service at a top notch professional level

The experience is like going to a tailor to custom-make a suit.

A lot of tailors just take your measurements, have 2 fitting session and regardless you telling them that you do feel good with the fit, they still insist that this is the fad and you look sharp despite you not liking what you see in the mirror.

My tailor doesn't.  I am sticking to him till he gives up his trade.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Hope to reach the std which I can be fitted...... Currently I am only shafted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?   Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are your fitters Good or bad or No comment?
Page 1 of 1