Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage

Go down 
+2
Technospaz
mygolfsucks
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mygolfsucks
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  Empty
PostSubject: Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage    Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Wonder if anyone has tried the Adams super LS driver. Std is with the Kuro Kage shaft.
Havent been able to find much reviews in local magazines. Mixed reviews from golfwrx.
Not a big fan of TM's design (apparently TM bought over Adams), but if the driver helps keep my ball on the fairway, i'd be tempted to try.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage    Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:24 pm

I tried this earlier this year in the US. Didn't quite like it. I found it a bit wild but it may have been the shaft (can't recall what it was but may have been the Kuro).
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage    Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:04 pm

mygolfsucks wrote:
Wonder if anyone has tried the Adams super LS driver. Std is with the Kuro Kage shaft.
Havent been able to find much reviews in local magazines. Mixed reviews from golfwrx.
Not a big fan of TM's design (apparently TM bought over Adams), but if the driver helps keep my ball on the fairway, i'd be tempted to try.

I just bought the Super S driver, 3 wood, 5 wood and hybrid.
But I have yet to hit any balls with them since their arrival…..no time lah.
Frankly speaking, I think all clubs can keep your ball on the fairway.
Most of the time, it’s the swing that is the prob.
Having said that, proper club fitting can help to a certain extent.

I echo Poresia’s view. Fix the swing first.
Buying clubs will not cure your swing.
When the buying stops, the training begins

But but, sometimes our backside itchy lah…..like what I am doing now 
Back to top Go down
mygolfsucks
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage    Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:26 pm

Ya my golf swing's as erratic as the weather. Maybe a case of backside itchy! Haha. But if anyone has any reviews on the super ls driver, pls post ur reviews.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage    Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Well, just so happens, I am currently playing with these, the Super LS driver and 3-wood.

Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  01-DSC_0373_zps3cb90f8a

Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  DSC_0398_zps077620e0

Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  DSC_0401_zpse0d3631f

Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  DSC_0379_zpsef4b1438

Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  DSC_0381_zpsf46ccafc

Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  DSC_0377_zps7f6860df

Paired the both with the Matrix Blacktie shaft, 7M3 for the driver and 8M3 for the 3-wood.

What can I say? In a word, awesome.

With a bit more elaboration, the 3-wood is the longest 3-wood I've ever come across. The velocity slot really works. Changes the sound, and initially did not like it because I preferred the old solid titanium chime of my Tour Edge Exotics. But the added yardage soon made me forget this minor nit-pick. Sometimes if I'm lazy, I just leave the driver in the bag and hit the 3-wood off the tee all day.

The driver, I don't know how Adams did it, maybe because of the velocity slot, is forgiving esp for toe hits. Distance increase is not as dramatic as the 3-wood. But in terms of feel, much improved compared to my previous driver, also another Adams, older model.

Both of these clubs are taking me to places I did not previously reach on my regular course. If I may humbly say so, par and birdie count going up, score coming down, since I've had these in the bag, my personal experience, YMMV. The club I play in has some long par 4s and it's a confidence booster to have these clubs in the bag.

Downside, 3 wood, is a bit harder to hit off the deck for me compared to the Tour Edge Exotic, requires more precision. Not sure whether it's to do with the turf interaction of the sole, or the different shaft, maybe a bit of both. I won't attempt the 3 wood unless the lie was perfect. When it is and I pull it off, it is satisfying to watch the resulting ball flight.

Downside, driver, none that I can think of. Oh wait, there's one. I find myself spending far too much at the range hitting ball after ball.

These guys will be in the bag for a while.
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage    Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 5:09 pm

The kurokage shaft is not really for everybody.
With the right swing speed and tempo its really a great engine.
Otherwise it can feel harsh
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage    Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:54 pm

I have personal experience with yarra and pushslice playing these shafts - kurokage.  They hit them very long and consistently.
Back to top Go down
mygolfsucks
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage    Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 7:18 pm

Ya I've read they are one of the lowest spinning drivers around! Something I need badly. I've just ordered mine and can't wait for it to come in.  As i said in my earlier post, not a big fan of the graphics on the head, but if the driver works for me I wouldn't care if it looks like a piece of crap. Haha
Back to top Go down
mygolfsucks
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage    Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 7:21 pm

But the made for kuro Kage shafts are prolly very different than the actual after markets.  I wonder if adams give made for shafts or the real deal. I guess I will find out soon enuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage    Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adams Super LS driver with Kuro Kage
Page 1 of 1