Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf apparel in Bangkok

Go down 
+7
kennyky
DKing
shorthitter
pug
dudekiller00
sob
iuh
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

Golf apparel in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:22 am

Dear all,

Visiting Bangkok next week. Wondering if its worthwhile to get golf apparels over there..

ANy recommendations?

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:02 am

Local made stuff at Thaniya Plaza will be cheap, imported stuff not really cheap
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:35 am

sob wrote:
Local made stuff at Thaniya Plaza will be cheap, imported stuff not really cheap

Woo thanks!

DId a search on Thaniya Plaza, interesting.

Will swing by for sure. .
Back to top Go down
dudekiller00
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:52 am

juz went to Thaniya Plaza last week and Yes indeed there are too many golf apprarels for you to shop.
as for the price, as mentioned, i was kinda taken by surprise of the price as i was hoping to get some cheap deals over there.
In the end just manage to grap from local made stuff which material seems not bad.
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Dudekiller, thanks for the info too!

MMmm.. thought some of the apparel manufactured in Thailand should be reasonably lower than singapore

Nevertheless, will take a look. Plenty of time there..haha
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:17 pm

If you're going to Thaniya, I highly recommend you get some adjustable range tee. It is only available at the shop in the top most floor selling accessories.

http://precisiontees.com/

Golf apparel in Bangkok Regular-Size-Tees

Golf apparel in Bangkok Oversized-Tees

If you do not mind get me 2 sets (one tall for driver and one short for fairway wood) bounce
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:23 pm

pug wrote:
If you're going to Thaniya, I highly recommend you get some adjustable range tee. It is only available at the shop in the top most floor selling accessories.

If you do not mind get me 2 sets (one tall for driver and one short for fairway wood) bounce

Wow interesting. Sure will look for it and get 2 sets for you(if I can find it)

Pm-ed u my contact..

Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:40 pm

They don't last guys... There are better ones around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Here is one which I am using and it seems to last forever.
Available locally at $3.90.
http://www.thelearningtee.com/adjustable-rubber-tees/

Borrowing Shorthitter's words, "Nothing's in it for me".
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:01 pm

DKing wrote:
Here is one which I am using and it seems to last forever.
Available locally at $3.90.
http://www.thelearningtee.com/adjustable-rubber-tees/

Borrowing Shorthitter's words, "Nothing's in it for me".
Very Happy

Thanks! I saw someone using a similar one at the range and the tee just flew into the range. Hahaha. Is this one sturdy that it stays in? Wink
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:02 pm

shorthitter wrote:
They don't last guys... There are better ones around.

Thanks for info. Rather interesting gift from Bangkok I would say.

Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

iuh wrote:
pug wrote:

Wow interesting. Sure will look for it and get 2 sets for you(if I can find it)

Pm-ed u my contact..

Thank you! When my teaching pro saw me using, he very gian. Will pass one set to him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:04 pm

Mine stays firmly in.
In fact, having a hard time getting it out.

There is an anchor/stopper at the end of the tee and the rubber is quite sturdy in holding it in.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:22 pm

DKing wrote:
Mine stays firmly in.
In fact, having a hard time getting it out.

There is an anchor/stopper at the end of the tee and the rubber is quite sturdy in holding it in.

Thanks! Interesting. Unfortunately the shipping cost is 4x more than the tees. Probably will drop-by one of these days.
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Damien, thanks. Yeah I got a couple of these from them too!

Pug, it depends on who is using the tees I think. I had caused some to fly out.. cracked the tees too. Embarassed the fact that its soo sturdy and firm in the rubber housing gives u an idea how terrible my swing is..

U can gather some of ur friends and get the balls or other stuff from thelearningtee . Prompt and good service from them
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Sturdy and firm => may scratch driver face and base, especially if forged. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:51 pm

pug wrote:
Sturdy and firm => may scratch driver face and base, especially if forged. Hmm...

rubber base holding the tee is sturdy and firm bro..
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Guys they are not new. They were selling in Singapore 12-18 months ago.. I am trying to save you money..... But Crying or Very sad everyone knows best....
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:27 pm

shorthitter wrote:
Guys they are not new. They were selling in Singapore 12-18 months ago.. I am trying to save you money..... But Crying or Very sad everyone knows best....

Hey,I understand your kind intentions. cheers

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Thx, I thought the Learning Tee one was better but I only used it twice, not enough testing to be objective.... Beer
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:11 pm

I profess that I know best with my selection of Coach or the current one that is Wink
You will have a chance to try the tee again when I come by the next time.

The big dog is wayward.

Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi Guys  !
Also going to bkk at the end of the week and looking to get some golf apparels (shirsts and shorts - pants no nedd too hot =p ) there.
i am especially looking for Nike stuff as some/most are manufactured there.
Counterfeit or not, outlets products most likely...
I used to get good nike polo shirts in HCMC, some ppl may thinks counterfeit , but i believe they are real ones from outlets. I found the exact same polos in sg. The price was not overly cheap in VN but still cheaper (maybe about 40%off). ~15 20 sgd

You guys talked about Thaniya. Is it a place to find what i am looking for ?

I saw on internet Pantip plaza as well, but it was posted in 2010
or MBK maybe ?

any recommendation guys ?
Back to top Go down
swine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi Kenny,
Just came back on Saturday. 
If you are looking for a real good deal then you might be disappointed because SG is cheaper. But if you looking for accessories then there are plenty. 
Have fun.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:20 pm

kennyky wrote:
Hi Guys  !
Also going to bkk at the end of the week and looking to get some golf apparels (shirsts and shorts - pants no nedd too hot =p ) there.
i am especially looking for Nike stuff as some/most are manufactured there.
Counterfeit or not, outlets products most likely...
I used to get good nike polo shirts in HCMC, some ppl may thinks counterfeit , but i believe they are real ones from outlets. I found the exact same polos in sg. The price was not overly cheap in VN but still cheaper (maybe about 40%off). ~15 20 sgd

You guys talked about Thaniya. Is it a place to find what i am looking for ?

I saw on internet Pantip plaza as well, but it was posted in 2010
or MBK maybe ?

any recommendation guys ?
Taniya is the golf complex in Bangkok. They sell every golf stuff inside.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Kenny,

If you're looking for apparel deals in Thaniya, better stay away from the branded stuff (it's cheaper here in SG) ~ go for the locally manufactured apparel which can be found along the building corridors aka; push carts or individual counters. Accessories are also more pricey than deals on the net. Alternatively, you may head down to Level 3 or 4 of Emporium (Phrom Phong station on the BTS), where you can find quite a fair bit of golf equipment & apparel on occasional sale.

As for HCMC, most of the apparel factories in Vietnam are licensed by Adidas and Nike to produce their clothes line for the Asian market, and by some coincidence "production over run" will find their way into the night markets at very affordable and reasonable rates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf apparel in Bangkok   Golf apparel in Bangkok I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf apparel in Bangkok
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next