Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf stuff to buy in Japan

Go down 
+4
mrkatsucurry
andrew-golf
kamen
beehome
8 posters
AuthorMessage
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

Golf stuff to buy in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:51 am

Hi fellow GRians, I am going to Hokkiado, Japan next month. Could any bro here advise what good golf stuff to buy. Are golf stuff cheaper in Japan than here?
Thanks in advance. cheers
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:23 am

Depend on how long you are there for, just a few days better to just focus on apparel and accessories. Whether cheaper anot depends on what you are shopping for...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:13 am

@kamen, u mean apparel and accessories are cheaper than here or maybe they hv a wider range. How about equipment? Or in general, all golf stuff are more exp there? TQ
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:20 am

Crazy shafts are more affordable there

or u can try jap grips cos they are very well made
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mrkatsucurry

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:40 am

crazy shafts any good?

Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:52 am

beehome wrote:
@kamen, u mean apparel and accessories are cheaper than here or maybe they hv a wider range. How about equipment? Or in general, all golf stuff are more exp there? TQ

Based on personal experience, Japan has the widest range of equipment, apparel and accessories in the world with prices which spans from a yen to millions. Generally, JDM products are of higher quality in design and materials. So paying the same or slightly more than what we pay in Singapore is actually quite reasonable. But again key is what you plan on getting and the brands you have in mind, these makes a world of difference in Japan.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:55 am

Oh and with the weaker Yen,, there's really no better time than now to visit Japan. Have fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Thanks to all the bros above. Please keep it coming.

I will pop in their Outlets and see if they have golf shops. If not, will ask where the golf shops are when I am there.

I do not buy golf stuff much so got to google "crazy" shafts and whatever. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:18 pm

Tip: Without revealing too much (dun wanna risk ruffling any JDM aficionados feathers here) try the domestic brands, especially brands by their JPGA & JLPGA pros. You wouldn't regret! Wink
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mrkatsucurry

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:22 pm

Bro, spill the beans la.

I'm dying to know which ones you're hinting at.

My wife reads japanese, but has zero interest in golf.

So everything gets lost in translation. Well, except the price.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:08 pm

JDM poisoning is by far the deadliest I have ever encountered.
Recently heard of an experienced player who bought and shipped close to 100kg of JDM steel & titanium forgings, graphite, apparel and accessories back.
How many sets of irons, woods, hybrids and putters were in there? I really don't want to know. I have a clear conscience.

Warning: Don't ever goggle 'jdm golf'
Back to top Go down
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:09 pm

Mizuno clubs are cheaper there. I bought a full set for my wife last month when I was there.
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Thks for all bros'advice. Will check it out!
Back to top Go down
Liv2golf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Guys I am in Osaka now. Looking to buy Yamaha Inpres X irons. With current exchange rate these are prices in S $

Inpres X Classic 6-PW = $1800
Inpres X D-Forged 5-PW (NS850H) = $1450

Are these good prices comparee to Singapore. How much savings do I get.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Yamaha I don't know, but I know in Osaka must whack the ramen ahh!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Liv2golf wrote:
Guys I am in Osaka now. Looking to buy Yamaha Inpres X irons. With current exchange rate these are prices in S $

Inpres X Classic 6-PW = $1800
Inpres X D-Forged 5-PW (NS850H) = $1450

Are these good prices comparee to Singapore. How much savings do I get.

Thanks

Mate, think one grian (bro haragolfer) has a pre-used gd condition set inpres X fr only 1k. Cool
U saved alot n this guy kept their clubs well. Wink
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t23428-wts-callaway-bag-mizuno-miura-yamaha-clearance-sale
And gr lewisloh inpres x v-forged.
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t23385-wts-yamaha-2013-inpres-x-v-forged-iron-brand-new
Hope it helps. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:16 pm

I just came back from Tokyo two weeks ago, almost came back with the new S Yard XV driver (c.$740) and Tourstage X blades.. JDM stuff is nice but still over my budget. Saving up for miura gikens next time...

Head covers like the titleist tour Pom poms, really nice staff bags are avail there
Back to top Go down
Liv2golf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:39 pm

Just went to Victoria golf. And the pricing really good too. The Inpres X V forged much cheaper than I imagined. With Tour AD75 shaft at S$1650, and with the same NSpro shaft mentioned by a bro only $1250 ! Looks tempting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf stuff to buy in Japan   Golf stuff to buy in Japan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf stuff to buy in Japan
Page 1 of 1