Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia

Go down 
+33
guangzhao
BigblackGoof
civicsport08
jetster
Denis
Virtualsaturn
bogeyman72
simoner
Tiramisu
riverdeity
t3012
Technospaz
enwee
peace2903
mengteck71
nicasio
asahi
Derek
yeppie99
xert
beehome
imrog
Flash
Solutions
LeftRightUpDown
DLWL
crayon33
billi
kamen
haragolfer
GolfMania
shimizu.toruk
DGman
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia Empty
PostSubject: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi GRians,

i have just gotten back from the land of smiles and wanted to share our new home (operated by Kunnasak of CNX, our long time thai partner). the new location will housed all BFG products plus Zen putters. its arguably the best in Asia but definitely the best in SE Asia. for those in the know, we have spent over a year, first working to be in the Dean's list and finally securing the premise for the next 5 years. Just thought it would be great to share what's out there.......

the location is call Phothalai Leisure Park and it boost of a wellness centre, a convention centre, a driving range complete with offices on the 3rd and 4th floor, members area including lounge, gym, library, etc, an entertainment complex with actual F1 simulators and 9 theme restaurants and finally a broadcast centre for all the leading golf channels....lastly the short game area is the best i have seen.

so here's the virtual visit.....

a view from the side...the 3rd and 4th floors are offices and you can have an open view to a driving range with lots of greenery....all taken.

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8799440345_490779cefe_z

the spanish design from the entrance onwards..

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8799440547_236ab63010_z

each tee box (bay) are equipped with camera and range cameras that you can replay to see how you swung and where you ball landed.. it has sitting for 6 and you can order food and beverage at the press of a button.

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8799440343_41f251c857_z

90% of the turf is artificial and there are lots of features iike water and bunkers around. its also the only one with a fairway....

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8799440311_2a3f8a66ed_z

The entrance that will greet you....you drop your bag and your bag is send to your bay and you can even opted to send your car for a wash or polish while you play.

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8799440353_a072ce43f6_z

this is a cafe....the finishing and material use is the same you will find in a 5 star hotel....compare to our best, we are still lacking......

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8810021068_006ea72410_z

the beam structure to hold the nets....solid

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8810021090_4dfd4a07c4_z

the courtyard at the entertainment complex. there will be a giant LED screen and one can catch all sporting action especially for a football loving nation.

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8799440577_cc4164f7f6_z

the view from the tee box....note the solid beam structure.

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8810021460_0c3b5abc00_z

the first 30 meters are real bermuda turf..

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8810021518_126c03837d_z

now the short game area......

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8799440713_fcf3a3edcb_z

the gazebo is a watering hole with hanging tv screens...the greens are in 3 tiers and the bridge are modelled after the famous St Andrews and Augusta National. its huge and moe than 150 meters from the start to the end where a waterfall awaits...

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8810021256_8e5027f384_z

finally the humble little shop which is between the reception area and the main pro shop. its literally the size of a tour van. already the major brands are negotiating to be represented (in terms of on going tour support for the thai and asian tour players).

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8799440705_1dbb3dc7b7_z

and how it will look like.....

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8810243564_1e0d1b5aa8_z

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia 8810272254_1babd66af5_z

now i am looking forward to its opening and i am sure it will be done by late June....we are also looking forward to conducting the first ZEN Vector putting system training when its open and it will be conducted by the ZEN founder, Nick Middleton. hopefully we can also find some time to bring him to Singapore to meet the loyal ZEN users.

the Thais unlike Sg landlord knows where the money is made, rent is very low and we get electricity and aircon free. they only want us to provide the best service and put in the best equipment, personnel and the range of goods. there is no bid but just a very comprehensive 3 interviews which identify capabilities, experience, depth and idea. in the end, when we heard the rental, it was a pleasant surprise. Sg landlord would have judge based on highest rental and don't care a damn if you lose your pants in the process or if the members get any service. Money talks here Sad

thank you for sharing our joy with us.....

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Jaw-dropping beautiful place...s
Back to top Go down
GolfMania
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
GolfMania

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Impressive! Maybe can organize a group tour up there and at the same time par some golf =)
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:52 pm

wow
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:00 pm

Fwah! Can just imagine when it's opened, the throngs of gorgeous poo yings and hi-so Cinderellas who will be playing there... Sanuk max mak mak man! Shocked cyclops drunken Stretcher Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Congra Beer
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:22 pm

This is why I want to retire in Thailand
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:28 pm

interesting video i found online.

Nice artist impression.

Back to top Go down
LeftRightUpDown
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:29 pm

congrats eric! very well done and hope to go there to visit in the future
Back to top Go down
Solutions
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Solutions

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Congrats! Very impressive.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Flash

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Congratulation Eric... It is great to have a local company to expand into Korea, Malaysia, Thailand and beyond. Together with excellent in-house fishy sticks products plus Zen and Steelfiber, this is a hack of a achievement! This place is a golfer's paradise.

With the recently surge of contender in LPGA by the Thail, golf is gonna be the next big thing there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Congratulations boss. Definitely a must visit next trip to Thailand.
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Congratulations Eric, very impressive!
Back to top Go down
xert
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:34 pm

wow. really sure is going to be a experience one that will not to be forgotten!
Back to top Go down
yeppie99
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:04 pm

BKK or Chiang Mai?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Way to go Eric! And trust me, I fully understand your comments about sg landlords.

Looks exclusive, open to public or does one have to be an invited guest?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:35 pm

BKK.

Congrats DGman!

Was there to see the place in its starting from scratch state and to see this now...wow!

All the best to Kunnasek and team!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:43 pm

This is awesome Eric....maybe I need to visit Bkk on the opening....hhehehe
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Yes and we should arrange a few golf games for those who are attending as well....we had a couple of games thrown in this time, a place in Korat

Rancho Charnvee

and a very nice place with a shitty name in South Ayutthaya

Bangsai Golf Course

Rancho is about 2 hours away while Bangsai is just over an hour away. but you do not feel like you are in Bangkok at all.

DGman
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:02 pm

i want to join BKK golf game :p
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:43 pm

WOW! Becomes a must place to visit, at least for Sg golfers to Thailand!
Give us a Google Map of the location.... Wink
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:26 pm

How far is this place away from bangkok?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Awesome! Congrats, BFG!
Back to top Go down
t3012
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:34 pm

its next to CDC, the giant furniture mall. its considered the new centre of Bangkok. A famous resident name Yingluck lives nearby......

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia   New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Home of BFG - Arguably the best in Asia
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next