Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed?

Go down 
+4
benedictteo83
chukeenon
pushslice
pocketace
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed? Empty
PostSubject: Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed?   Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed? I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Don't be too quick to ditch your long putter
You can still use it as long as it is not anchored

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/usga-and-r-and-a-graphic-explanation-of-anchored-putting/
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed?   Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed? I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:01 pm

We can still anchor until dec 31, 2015
Back to top Go down
chukeenon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed?   Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed? I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:33 pm

So glad they implemented this rule. Anchoring clubs to the body doesn't follow the spirit of golf and the essence of swinging the club.
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed?   Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:03 am

just read this..

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/davis-on-2016-date-plenty-of-time-to-adapt/?cid=facebook_gc_a_mikedavis_usga_adapt_052113
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed?   Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:18 am

chukeenon wrote:
So glad they implemented this rule. Anchoring clubs to the body doesn't follow the spirit of golf and the essence of swinging the club.

The problem I feel is that they ought to ban it from
Day One, not after many decades where some people only learn and know how to putt the anchored way. Now these golfers are in a limbo.
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

PostSubject: Re: Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed?   Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:42 pm

I feel that the shortest club in the bag should be the putter. I dont think just because you have the yips you should be able to use a technical loophole to get around the fact that you cant putt using a traditional putter. In my mind its cheating with in the rules and its just not right. Saying that its a bit late now that the horse has already bolted.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed?   Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:06 pm

GolfMad62 wrote:
I feel that the shortest club in the bag should be the putter. I dont think just because you have the yips you should be able to use a technical loophole to get around the fact that you cant putt using a traditional putter. In my mind its cheating with in the rules and its just not right. Saying that its a bit late now that the horse has already bolted.
Agree with this view. Personally, I would not even think of using belly putter, let alone the broomstick putter. I mean, how can the putter be longer than, say, even the driver. Shocked Sorry, but that's my personal view so please don't flame me.Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed?   Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 10:28 am

Is this considering anchoring?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed?   Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:14 pm

The storied history of how people try to squeeze the best out of the game led to experimentation with metal for woods. Hybrids to replace long irons. Grooves on wedges and a golf ball dimples.  I had a friend who insisted hybrid clubs were as bad as illegal grooves and illegal trampoline effect.  He has changed his mind.
I dont know about you guys, but i need my hybrids.  And can you imagine if they made only balata balls legal.  Goodbye long drives.

If u regulate on all innovations or experiments, we would all be poorer for it. 

I was so desperate i putted with a broomstick ping doc 17 putter for awhile .  It had a planet for a putting head.  And it was longer than my driver. Which was 44.25 inches.  I got a better stroke after using it, now i am back to normal putters.  

I say thank you for broomstick putters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed?   Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule 14-1b anchored putting ban - what is allowed?
Page 1 of 1