Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

just started to learn n play golf

Go down 
+14
willytan
Ant
lawyeo
luqmanhakim
Shane
divotee
imrog
TK
Dragonz18
golfer1975
nrafee
paul@golf
sim.t.lim
will i am
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

just started to learn n play golf Empty
PostSubject: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:51 am

hi , i m new here , any1 go to toa payoh driving range to practise ?
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:34 pm

First to greet!!!, Hi, welcome to GR.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Hihi, welcome too to GR cheers
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi William, welcome to the game. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
golfer1975
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:52 am

Welcome to GR
Back to top Go down
Dragonz18
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dragonz18

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 6:14 am

Hi, welcome and enjoy golf ..... good putt
Back to top Go down
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TK

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 8:41 am

Welcome! I don't go to Toa Payoh though, usually at Marina Bay..
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:28 pm

hi , tks for the warm welcome ....
Back to top Go down
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:40 pm

welcome Will. Enjoy the journey.
Back to top Go down
divotee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
divotee

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Uh-oh, what have you got yourself into? Haa haa! Now you will become an addict like the rest of us. Thinking of nothing else but golf. But nonetheless, enjoy this crazy game!
Back to top Go down
Shane
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 10:14 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi to all , allow me to intro myself .
i just started learning golf 2 yrs ago , n completed my lesson last yr . Most of the time i would hang around in Toa Payoh Drving range with a 120 balls shot . i have play Par 3 in NSRCC 2 times n imagine i would lose 15-20 balls in the games ....... Swing
I m here looking for kakis that dont mind my ....... anyhow swings New here
Back to top Go down
luqmanhakim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:30 am

Hello Will! Welcome! I think my situation is just like you, just that i am only just completing my lessons. Been to par3 @ NSRCC twice and I reckon that I have donated many balls to the course! When are you usually at the range anyways?
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:08 am

luqmanhakim wrote:
Hello Will! Welcome! I think my situation is just like you, just that i am only just completing my lessons. Been to par3 @ NSRCC twice and I reckon that I have donated many balls to the course! When are you usually at the range anyways?

Hi lugmanhakim , i usually hang around TP range wenever i m free in the moring . What abt u ?
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi to all golfers , i was practicing in the drving range n hear a gruop of golfers chatting n was confuse , can some 1 explain in a short n simple way to me ...........What's the different between Par 3 n 9 holes
Back to top Go down
lawyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
lawyeo

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Par 3 simply means par 3 holes, no par 4, and 5. A test of your short game, i.e. 100m-120m to the flag.

Nine holes on the other hand refers to a round of 9 holes with various pars. 9 holes golf course are not limited to just par 3 holes. NSRCC executive par 3 are all par 3 holes, but other 9 holes golf course may have par 4, and even 5.

Hope that is clearer for you.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:39 pm

lawyeo wrote:
Par 3 simply means par 3 holes, no par 4, and 5. A test of your short game, i.e. 100m-120m to the flag.

Nine holes on the other hand refers to a round of 9 holes with various pars. 9 holes golf course are not limited to just par 3 holes. NSRCC executive par 3 are all par 3 holes, but other 9 holes golf course may have par 4, and even 5.

Hope that is clearer for you.

Cheers

hi lawyeo , tks for yr information .... lol!
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:47 pm

You can try JCC executive course which has par 3 and par 4. Got chance to try out your woods.

Ps : like your avatar - most golfers look like that after a bad shot. Ha ha!
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 7:55 pm

Ant wrote:
You can try JCC executive course which has par 3 and par 4. Got chance to try out your woods.

Ps : like your avatar - most golfers look like that after a bad shot. Ha ha!

Hi Ant , tks for liking my avatar..... Wink n also tks for yr information too .

Up to date ( 20-05-13 ) 11am

went down to eng neo tis moring with a friend n found out tis place actually is champion golf ( sorry i very mountain turtle ) hv taken some photo , the 9 hole is very challenging tat is wat my friend say something abt up hill down slope , 2 level of driving range .....envorment not bad

Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Mandai will be a better choice for a executive 9 hole while JCC offers u a flat n clear view of ur pin. Price wise, I think Mandai will offer a better picture of a full 18 hole.
Back to top Go down
lawyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
lawyeo

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Willytan is right.

I am a beginner myself. Played a couple of times in Mandai. Weekday is about $21.00 and weekends are $32.00 if I am not mistaken.

Very flat terrain throughout, good for beginners like us. It is known as a mickey mouse golf course due to the 29 holes it offers instead of the standard 36 holes. Mostly Par 3, and 1-2 par 4s.

If you go weekday morning say 7.00am, it is usually empty, which is perfect for beginners to take their time to take aim, swing, and slow stroll to the next shot without the pressure of queuing flights.
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:57 pm

willytan wrote:
Mandai will be a better choice for a executive 9 hole while JCC offers u a flat n clear view of ur pin. Price wise, I think Mandai will offer a better picture of a full 18 hole.

HHi willy , tks very much , btw is mandai n seletar the same golf course ? alot of confusing ( sorry if i ask a silly Question )
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:05 am

will i am wrote:
willytan wrote:

HHi willy , tks very much , btw is mandai n seletar the same golf course ? alot of confusing ( sorry if i ask a silly Question )
Mandai and seletar is different place. Mandai is nearer to zoo whereas seletar is opposite occ
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:20 am

lawyeo wrote:
Willytan is right.

I am a beginner myself. Played a couple of times in Mandai. Weekday is about $21.00 and weekends are $32.00 if I am not mistaken.

Very flat terrain throughout, good for beginners like us. It is known as a mickey mouse golf course due to the 29 holes it offers instead of the standard 36 holes. Mostly Par 3, and 1-2 par 4s.

If you go weekday morning say 7.00am, it is usually empty, which is perfect for beginners to take their time to take aim, swing, and slow stroll to the next shot without the pressure of queuing flights.

tks very much law , join me weekday 7am , i buy u breakfast cheers
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:25 am

enwee wrote:
will i am wrote:
willytan wrote:

Mandai and seletar is different place. Mandai is nearer to zoo whereas seletar is opposite occ

Hi enwee , u must b a pro golfer , tks for droping by to share the information .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just started to learn n play golf   just started to learn n play golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just started to learn n play golf
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next