Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!

Go down 
+10
S70B
ChrisD
sniffydog
weaponx
DGman
aahhhcabretta
Kopi Towkay
cristeo
Roystonnn
SC
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
SC

Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! Empty
PostSubject: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:47 pm

The Exilim Casio EX-FS10, is a new compact point and shoot designed to please golfers or golfers in need to improve their swing.

Thanks to a dedicated software embedded in the camera, the EX-FS10 will help you analyze your posture and then improve your swing by better placing your elbow, arms or head. In addition to this feature, our camera also includes Casio 1000fps burst mode on top of the usual 420, 210 and 30fps.
Thanks to this burst mode, Exilim will also be able to analyze your overall swing process and then again help you to understand better why you have been continuously slicing each ball.

Other specs include a 9.1Mpix Camera sensor, 31.9MB of internal memory, 720/30p video recording, 3x Optical zoom in just 139g and a size of 97.1x59.4x16.3mm
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Wa seh.
This is in my wish list leh. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cristeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:56 pm

any rough indication of price?
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:02 am

MSRP $350 US. Pretty good price for a pretty neat little camera!
Back to top Go down
cristeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:39 am

sounds pretty affordable then..considering other brands of similar mega pixs...

thanks towkay Smile
Back to top Go down
aahhhcabretta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:47 am

Where can you get it from?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:53 am

i am sure you if put your name here, Birdman can organise a mass order.

Hope its not too much trouble Hubert.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:50 am

you can get it from B&H in the US for about USD210 incl shipping

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart&A=removeItem&Q=&sku=541413&is=REG
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:06 am

i bought my older FC100 from B&H. Generally prompt service and delivery, except for some initial hiccup with the verification of my credit card. They had initially wanted a full scanned copy of my cc for verification, but in the end I've managed to negotiate for only a scanned copy with the cc number blanked out, leaving only last 4 digits of the cc number shown.

But better to enquire first regarding the accessories if you expect nothing less than a full deal. Likelihood the price doesn't come with a SD card and camera pouch. Also, if anyone is picky about details, it didn't arrive with the usual protective plastic LCD screen cover you get pasted over the screen..whenever you buy new products...

Otherwise, the camera arrived in excellent working condition.

hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:10 am

Anyone interested to buy, let me know. Should be able to get better offer from the dealer.

Cheers

ChrisD
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:32 am

looks like the feature is only available in japan...

http://gizmodo.com/5403068/casio-exilim-ex+fs10-camera-is-also-your-smarmy-golf-pro

"Believe it or not, this particular camera is already out in the US, but it's lacking the virtual golf pro. Only Japan gets that firmware feature. [Akihabara News]"
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:35 am

Cool feature but there are free software downloads on the internet to analyse ur swing anyway.

Some sites on Amazon sell this cam for USD$165 excl shipping but reading the reviews, it suffers the same problems as the FC100.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:36 am

S70B wrote:
Cool feature but there are free software downloads on the internet to analyse ur swing anyway.

Some sites on Amazon sell this cam for USD$165 excl shipping but reading the reviews, it suffers the same problems as the FC100.

S70B,
What problem you're referring to ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:43 am

Slow speed clips are grainy. lack of light makes the clips even worse.

Batt life is pathetic.

Some pros and some cons la. You can't have it all for a budget camera anyway.

Can read more here:

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-EX-FS10-Digital-Stabilized-Blue/dp/B001OTZR4A/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1258083504&sr=8-6

Near the bottom.
Back to top Go down
archie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 9:40 am

S70B wrote:

Hi, are you using any of these free analysis software? Which one would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
kwseow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kwseow

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:29 am

ChrisD wrote:
Anyone interested to buy, let me know. Should be able to get better offer from the dealer.

Cheers

ChrisD

Hi Chris,
I'm interested in either FS100 and FS10. let me know the price?

Btw, I'm making a trip to US early next month, is it true that it cost ard usd200? If so, I can help to get a few back if anyone is interested.

Thanks
kwseow
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:30 pm

archie wrote:
S70B wrote:

Hi, are you using any of these free analysis software? Which one would you recommend?

I'm easy. As long as the software allows me to draw lines, circles etc on my swing, its fine with me.

I use the V1 Golf Academy. Just google it or "free golf swing software" and it will pop up. The basic functions shd be good enuff for most. If you like it you can upgrade to the pro where i think u can compare ur fav player side by side and more interesting functions.
Back to top Go down
BigBogey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Am thinking of getting a budget camera to take videos of my golf swing.

Anyone already using any brand/models and can recommend one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!   Casio camera, now embeded with golf software! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Casio camera, now embeded with golf software!
Page 1 of 1