Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coach for Beginner Lady

Go down 
+6
punkrockpga
iuh
kevlee69
Peterinjb
iron_symphony
popeyex
10 posters
AuthorMessage
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Coach for Beginner Lady Empty
PostSubject: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:28 am

Anyone can recommend a coach for ladies? Will there be any difference if a male coach teach a lady compared to a female coach eg. a female coach understand more the mechanics, swing, etc for ladies.
Back to top Go down
iron_symphony
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:11 pm

I'm currently taking a course of 10 lessons with 3 others. Class consists of 2 males and 2 females under Asian Golf academy at Bishan. The coach there is very good and I feel there is no difference from male and female. I can get you the coach's number if you really want. Smile
Back to top Go down
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:24 pm

hi, thanks for response, can u pm me the no?

iron_symphony wrote:
I'm currently taking a course of 10 lessons with 3 others. Class consists of 2 males and 2 females under Asian Golf academy at Bishan. The coach there is very good and I feel there is no difference from male and female. I can get you the coach's number if you really want. Smile
Back to top Go down
Peterinjb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi;

If you are looking for a lady teaching Pro, there's one at MBGC called Shereen i think. My daughter currently taking begineer lessons from her thru the Star golf academy. I dun have her number, but i'msure you can get it from the academy. look up the website.
Back to top Go down
iron_symphony
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Coach Daniel Ng can be contacted at 9816 9262. You can say referral Angel's group. (Our class is every Saturday at 11am)

I found a little thread here which might also help you.
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t9325-bishan-golf-lessons

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
kevlee69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kevlee69

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:05 am

popeyex wrote:
Anyone can recommend a coach for ladies? Will there be any difference if a male coach teach a lady compared to a female coach eg. a female coach understand more the mechanics, swing, etc for ladies.

You can consider Emma Poh at Toa Payoh Range. She is very patient and pleasant with good coaching capabilities. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:25 am

Peterinjb wrote:
Hi;

If you are looking for a lady teaching Pro, there's one at MBGC called Shereen i think. My daughter currently taking begineer lessons from her thru the Star golf academy. I dun have her number, but i'msure you can get it from the academy. look up the website.

Yes I agree Shareen Is a good coach for both man and woman..

cheers
Back to top Go down
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:31 pm

From a mechanics / technique standpoint it should not matter if the coach is male or female. The coach needs to work with the individual and address technical stuff specific to what's unique to that person.

If it's more of a personal preference thing and you would simply be more comfortable with a lady coach, my colleague Ruby would be a great choice.
She is an LPGA Certified instructor, very knowledgeable, a great player who used to play the tour and is great with beginners. She's a super cool lady too who will no doubt make you feel very comfortable.

I would be happy to connect you!

Back to top Go down
http://www.bradfordprogolf.com
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Importantly is to get a coach who can click with the student, i.e. in sync & can communicate well.... personal experience, a coach who can spot my weaknesses but cannot communicate it to me and let me understand is a total waste of time & $$.... my 2 cents worth
Back to top Go down
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:39 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:
Importantly is to get a coach who can click with the student, i.e. in sync & can communicate well.... personal experience, a coach who can spot my weaknesses but cannot communicate it to me and let me understand is a total waste of time & $$.... my 2 cents worth

Nailed it!
Back to top Go down
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Thank you for all the valuable information. Will check them out.
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm

punkrockpga wrote:
From a mechanics / technique standpoint it should not matter if the coach is male or female. The coach needs to work with the individual and address technical stuff specific to what's unique to that person.

If it's more of a personal preference thing and you would simply be more comfortable with a lady coach, my colleague Ruby would be a great choice.
She is an LPGA Certified instructor, very knowledgeable, a great player who used to play the tour and is great with beginners. She's a super cool lady too who will no doubt make you feel very comfortable.

I would be happy to connect you!

Ruby has my vote as well. My wife and I only had one session with her but out of the coaches we have seen, my wife loved her the most as her explanation made a lot of sense and was very easy to understand!

I am trying to get my wife to take more lessons and she only wants to go to Ruby!

Back to top Go down
raccoon80
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Where does Ruby stationed? What's her charges like?
Back to top Go down
Red8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:33 pm

my ex colleague is now running a golf academy with affiliations to CCs all over the island. pm me if you need her contact. rates quite competitive (i remb better than if you approach clubs directly)
Back to top Go down
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:48 pm

raccoon80 wrote:
Where does Ruby stationed? What's her charges like?

Ruby coaches with me at Jurong Country Club

Here's a link to my website with details of my lesson packages and prices for individuals and for groups. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see prices.

Ruby's prices are the same.

http://www.bradfordprogolf.com/golflessonsinsingapore/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coach for Beginner Lady   Coach for Beginner Lady I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coach for Beginner Lady
Page 1 of 1