Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Pelz Greenmaker

Go down 
+6
paul@golf
EastCoastHack
crayon33
coconutz
pyrric
JimB976
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JimB976
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Dave Pelz Greenmaker Empty
PostSubject: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:10 pm

I only just remembered I haven't commented yet on the absolutely awesome Dave Pelz Greenmaker putting green i took delivery of from Golfastore three weeks ago (brilliant guys by the way, they agreed to bring the system over and let me check it out before deciding whether to bu, though of course once i saw it i was sold!!!)

This 6x12 putting green is absolutely fantastic and is a brilliant substitute for practicing your 3 - 8ft putts on a real green every day. Though I have played since i was a boy i have never been a great putter, sometimes good but more often very average. So, I have really gone for it now in a bid to shave off some shots.

Step one - ordered an Edel putter from Wizgolf which has a two month lead time... i still have a month to go!!!

Step two - invested in this Greenmaker putting green

Results so far - Well when i went for the putter fitting at Wizgolf I took the previous weekend's scorecard with me which rather painfully highlighted that with my score of 87 i had taken 36 putts.

Since I have had the greenmaker I am rolling in the short to mid putts, and this is making a difference. Last weekend i played at Warren on Saturday and had 33 putts and at legends on sunday and had 30 putts. Both scores were mid/low 80's

I am convinced that once I have the Edel in my hands this can only improve, let's see.

Here are some pics of the Greenmaker in my spare room, the sharp-eyed among you will notice that i have dismantled the bed to make room for this. My wife was away when i did this and had an absolute shit fit when she saw it... Not recommended!

Dave Pelz Greenmaker D7374ab7-f880-4af1-8a68-952b1de91c38_zpsec2840d8

Dave Pelz Greenmaker F34fc1c9-b01f-4900-96c8-37ad010297c5_zpsc649b011

Oh yes, and you really can chip from the fringe as well, the green holds both chip and run and "wristy" little chips
Back to top Go down
pyrric
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:25 pm

cheers must be so comfortable to practise in aircon and the comfort of your home! cheers
Back to top Go down
coconutz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:32 pm

That's alot of putter with a nice scotty stand.
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 7:52 am

How much is it bro? Is it possible to install out doors?
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 am

Its more than $2K. The one thing I don't like about most home putting mats is the lack of green behind the hole. If you miss you need to know how much you overshoot, right?

Back to top Go down
JimB976
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:13 am

there is not much "run off" behind the holes but enough that makes it clear your are 12"+ past the cup

having had a couple of the cheaper mats (including the very good quality one from "The Learning Tee") but nothing comes close to this. I assume that is why Pelz puts his name to it, it's very realistic indeed

price is a bit negotiable with the boys from Golfastore and i didn't pay close to the asking price, but i'll leave you to do your own research...
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 am

Is this the same set up in wiz golf in their toh guan premise?

Eric also did a fine job with his indoor greens, one fast one slower, in big fish bukit merah. I wonder if he paid that much for his.

Bro, I only read your statement about redecorating whilst the wife was away. Ha ha. You da man. I salute you, sir, for doing what the rest of us pussy whipped males dare not.
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:54 am

indeed, my personal experience wi e Golfastore guys is grt too, very accommodating Smile
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:57 am

wow ur putting mat make mine looks like a toy for 12yo, very nice bro.
Back to top Go down
JimB976
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:01 am

i can't say this putting mat is good for your bank balance or your marriage but it does appear to be good for your putting!
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:15 am

very nice jim

i'm actually deciding between getting this and the premium putting green from learningtee.

did u by any chance do a comparison with regards to the quality of the putting surface and how realistic they feel?

I believe the Pelz system should be more realistic but the downside is that it comes in fixed size whereas the one from learningtee can be customised to desired size.
Back to top Go down
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TK

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:29 am

Yes I was wondering the same thing would be very keen to know more about this!

scottycollector wrote:
very nice jim

i'm actually deciding between getting this and the premium putting green from learningtee.

did u by any chance do a comparison with regards to the quality of the putting surface and how realistic they feel?

I believe the Pelz system should be more realistic but the downside is that it comes in fixed size whereas the one from learningtee can be customised to desired size.
Back to top Go down
JimB976
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 am

SC, since i have both perhaps you would like to drop round and test them out for yourself...

I can honestly say that in spite of the price the Pelz is fantastic

the LT version i have is about 3m long and rolls up which is VERY convenient

by the way, if you remember i am the guy that bought the 2012 collectors HC from you a few months back
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 am

Hi Jim! haha i remember you now.

I will msg you separately. thanks!
Back to top Go down
bigbanana14
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Beautiful. Is it a hassle to store/re-assemble when not in use?
Back to top Go down
JimB976
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 7:49 am

It's not exactly quick to break it down and set up again, this mat is designed to be left assembled
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Greenmaker   Dave Pelz Greenmaker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Pelz Greenmaker
Page 1 of 1