Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

North Texas LPGA Shootout

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

North Texas LPGA Shootout Empty
PostSubject: North Texas LPGA Shootout   North Texas LPGA Shootout I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:10 am

Before we get to this week's topic, let me say if you missed last week's tournament, you missed one of the best finishes you will ever see. Congratulations goes out to Suzann Pettersen for winning the LPGA Lotte Championship in a playoff over Lizette Salas. Lizette may have been the bigger story as she shot a 29 on the back nine for a round of 62, only to come up short in the playoff.

The LPGA travels to Texas this week for the inaugural playing of the North Texas LPGA Shootout.
This will mark the first LPGA tournament in the state of Texas in more than 20 years. The tournament has attracted a very strong field. My strength of field rating is a very strong 84.5, making it the third strongest field of the year. Among the missing this week are: Karrie Webb, Chie Arimura, Jimin Kang, Jeong Jang, Ayaka Uehara, and Seon Hwa Lee.

One very interesting note, Madison Pressel has been given a sponsor exemption for this event. Madison 21, is the younger sister of LPGA star Morgan Pressel. She currently attends the University of Texas.

There will be two cuts in this tournament. The top 70 and ties will go on after Fridays round, and the top 50 and ties will advance after Saturday's round.

This will be tournament number 8 of 28 on this year's schedule.

Here are the key details:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/north-texas-shootout-preview-pairings.html
Back to top Go down
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: North Texas LPGA Shootout   North Texas LPGA Shootout I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 1:25 pm

The pairings are now available for the first two days'

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/north-texas-shootout-preview-pairings.html
Back to top Go down
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: North Texas LPGA Shootout   North Texas LPGA Shootout I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 12:53 pm

The second round leaders are now posted:

Back to top Go down
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: North Texas LPGA Shootout   North Texas LPGA Shootout I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 2:06 pm

The 3rd round leaders have now been posted:

Back to top Go down
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: North Texas LPGA Shootout   North Texas LPGA Shootout I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:19 am

Final Results have now been posted:

Http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/north-texas-shootout-preview-pairings.html
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: North Texas LPGA Shootout   North Texas LPGA Shootout I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:46 am

Thank you for the updates, Tony!

A final round 64 (-7) lowest round of the day, with no blemish on the card, gave HYP a T4 finish to the week.

What a great way to end! Great work from HYP and hope she will be able to carry that momentum forward and get into contention for a few "W"s this year Smile
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: North Texas LPGA Shootout   North Texas LPGA Shootout I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:41 am

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/golf-world-no-1-park-wins-north-texas-lp/656986.html

Another testamount of how important putting is in the game of golf.....
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: North Texas LPGA Shootout   North Texas LPGA Shootout I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:05 am

Great to see Christina Kim playing well after her come-back from depression problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Texas LPGA Shootout   North Texas LPGA Shootout I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North Texas LPGA Shootout
Page 1 of 1