Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to break 95 from blue

Go down 
+55
Mtws
vinjess
klt59
flashpacker
asahi
drawbias
blee67
Golf_Fan1234
Turbo
golferx
alvin7379
Kaii
bomby
Denmeister
willytan
dmateo
peter.golfer
zhenxua
mrkatsucurry
renode
enwee
s-killer
Christo72
herpderp
Acemangill
audi
pushslice
mengteck71
CoastGuy
Khorkar
slinger
dunlookback
Birdman
kuuligan
bkll
Unexceptional Golfer
BigblackGoof
ChrisD
tonnyfong
skybobo
haragolfer
andrew-golf
chien
Duval_S
billi
TDO
fata
dtan
hkhamateur
Derek
Quest
pocketace
Gofnut
sob
jaketang
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:07 am

then why start this thread in the first place??? scratch
Back to top Go down
tonnyfong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:33 am

I dont expect myself to be very accurate. But as long as my dispersion is not too wide, hardly slice or hooks, almost no top or fat. The rest is just up to your short game.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:45 am

Pray for rain and lightning before the 14th hole.
Will most likely be below 95
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:20 pm

skybobo wrote:
Bro Jake, markie here. For those who dunno Jake, he is a strong 18 hcp. Tee off easily 220m & above. Play below 90 is a piece of cake for him.

Bro, I know u long time no play. I give u a piece of advice and I dare u to try it for all par 4. In nsrcc, most par 4 off blue is around 360m. Can u try to take 9i or 8i and hit 3 shots. With ur distance, u can easily hit the green in 3. And the more u use the iron, the more familiar. Even if u miss green, u can easily chip on. Try to 2 putt and I am sure u will break 95.

By keeping the big dog out, u avoid ob and penalty.

Question. Will u keep ur ego and do it?

Agreed totally! I have tried playing my home course with 5 clubs + putter, and to my surprise I could play at least bogey for every holes, every time! Try it....
Back to top Go down
Unexceptional Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Unexceptional Golfer

PostSubject: Break 85 from the blue tee   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi, I have recently break 90 but feel that 85 is very reachable but don't know where I can improve on. I have already mostly eliminated 3 putt and improved driving accuracy. Any tips ??? Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Track your GIRs, how many on average?
Back to top Go down
Unexceptional Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Unexceptional Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:37 pm

I get about 5 at best
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Unexceptional Golfer wrote:
Hi, I have recently break 90 but feel that 85 is very reachable but don't know where I can improve on. I have already mostly eliminated 3 putt and improved driving accuracy. Any tips ??? Thanks Very Happy

If you drive the ball well and long and are good with your mid irons, then I would say track your GIR. If not, then reduce the pressure on yourself by aiming to get the ball close to the green rather than regulation on. All of us know pressure is a major cause of bad shots. I would work on my short game. I would aim to get my ball near the green and try to one chip one putt. If further from the green, I aim to chip on and two putts. I tell myself to avoid double boggies. I am a strong believer that if you aim to play boggie, the pars will drop by. I find this less stressful. Golf is not a game of how many good shots you make but rather how you minimise your bad shots. Course management also plays a big part. So always look at how to make your next shot easier and less risky e.g. do your best to avoid having to chip over bunkers. So play to place your ball in a position where you can avoid this. Aim for the bigger part of the green rather than try to land near a pin that is placed close to a hazard. If say you have less confidence in making 30-50 meters distance shots, then lay up to the distances that you feel most comfortable. For me, I am more comfortable making a full swing with my pitching wedge at 100 meters rather than hitting a controlled shot at 50 meters. All these little things help to reduce errors and will inevitably lead to a better score.
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:29 pm

I get about 5 at best

To shoot 85, u will need 6 greens on average, assuming average short game.

Tracking GIRs help me know whether my short game or long game is the bottleneck.
Back to top Go down
Unexceptional Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Unexceptional Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:43 am

Ok thanks going to have a game today
Back to top Go down
kuuligan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:18 am

keep the ball on the fairway!

best tip and yet, most difficult. If you can avoid OB's, you've just shaved 5 strokes not to mention your mental game lol

Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:34 pm

I've found the fastest way to drop the way for a 90s player:

Course management tee to green - results are immediate since it's all in the head and just how you navigate. And it it starts with the question of which side of the tee box do you want to tee up the ball from. The route to the green is usually a zig zag line away from trouble. Hazards are always to either the left side or right side of the hole, yet most of us navigate in a straight line.

Short game (2nd fastest) - Pitches, half swings, lobs and chips. Friend of mine had a chipping lesson and dropped from low 100s to playing 90 for the first time. Amazing. Made sense though, imagine if one tops or duffs a chip half the nine and eliminates those mistakes by chipping well, that's 9 strokes cut from the score.

Bunker shots (also 2nd fastest) - Not many of us can put it on the green in one.

The three easiest ways yet we practice them the least.

Hope it helps. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:05 pm

putting putting putting
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:30 pm

its always good to have aspirations but just becos u recently break 90 dont really equate that u will always break 90 in your next few games...

why dun u play the next 5-10 games.... see your scores then u will know whether 85 is reachable

many moons ago, i broke 80.... dont mean i play 70s every game

but i like your aspirations.... i was just like u before
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:21 pm

slinger wrote:

its always good to have aspirations but just becos u recently break 90 dont really equate that u will always break 90 in your next few games...

why dun u play the next 5-10 games.... see your scores then u will know whether 85 is reachable

many moons ago, i broke 80.... dont mean i play 70s every game

but i like your aspirations.... i was just like u before

Thank you for the advice Master Slinger....the shifu
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Birdman wrote:

I've found the fastest way to drop the way for a 90s player:

Course management tee to green - results are immediate since it's all in the head and just how you navigate. And it it starts with the question of which side of the tee box do you want to tee up the ball from. The route to the green is usually a zig zag line away from trouble. Hazards are always to either the left side or right side of the hole, yet most of us navigate in a straight line.

Short game (2nd fastest) - Pitches, half swings, lobs and chips. Friend of mine had a chipping lesson and dropped from low 100s to playing 90 for the first time. Amazing. Made sense though, imagine if one tops or duffs a chip half the nine and eliminates those mistakes by chipping well, that's 9 strokes cut from the score.

Bunker shots (also 2nd fastest) - Not many of us can put it on the green in one.

The three easiest ways yet we practice them the least.

Hope it helps. Very Happy

+10...
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:40 pm

mentally

all par 4s go for 3 on (so u wont force it and make mistakes. worst double bogey)

all par 5s go for 4 on

all par 3s go for bogey

like that golf no stress... and score will drop tremendously...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:45 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
mentally

all par 4s go for 3 on (so u wont force it and make mistakes. worst double bogey)

all par 5s go for 4 on

all par 3s go for bogey

u will also improve your short game along the way......
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:50 pm

slinger wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
mentally

all par 5s go for 4 on

all par 3s go for bogey

u will also improve your short game along the way......

and i suggest to go for 1 or 2 lessons on how to use PW/52/58 to chip.. as in the landing positions...

Back to top Go down
CoastGuy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoastGuy

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:19 am

Know the courses that you are playing, which hole can attack, which one need to play safe..
All this to avoid big numbers... Smile
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:34 am

TDO wrote:
In golf EGO plays a big part in some golfers. Sometimes to the extent of declaring a lower score than what he/she actually played. I have seen it plenty of times in social games and tournaments. And this happens mostly in Malaysia course, if I am not mistaken. Not too sure whether it happens in Singapore, too Rolling Eyes .

In Sg is reverse.. there are many declaring higher scores during social games...then during tournaments, he score 51 stablefold points..CRAZY!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:19 am

There are many types of golfer around,

1. Play 6, shout 5, write 4 type
2. Submit higher score to manipulate thier hcp,
3. Change their score just before submission of scorecard.
4. Some play high score but submit lower score to lower their hcp.

But if they do win anything out by doing so,
trophy, prizes, etc.
Question is do they really deserved them, only their heart can tell.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:44 am

ehmm off topic ah...this is not about handicap integrity.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:45 am

CoastGuy wrote:
Know the courses that you are playing, which hole can attack, which one need to play safe..

thank you shifu, you sing to my ears. your putting aiming routine and that chip advice have helped me a lot.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:48 am

pushslice wrote:
CoastGuy wrote:

thank you shifu, you sing to my ears. your putting aiming routine and that chip advice have helped me a lot.

buy u a glass of red wine.. can share with me over steak? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to break 95 from blue   How to break 95 from blue - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to break 95 from blue
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next