Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?

Go down 
+9
Najibapark
christy2211
entity
TK
kinglc
Solutions
honkytong
nrafee
kennyky
13 posters
AuthorMessage
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? Empty
PostSubject: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi guys !

I am looking for a coach in MBGC or Keppel on behalf of my friend.
He and 2 other friends want to take beginner's course.
They look especially in MBGC or Keppel because they work in Raffles Place (closer to go).

Do you have any coach to recommend ?
A good coach for me does at least give you exercices to practice in-between classes.

I took classes in Bishan and i do not want to recommend him to my friend.

If the coach is good also for non beginner, i will i think take some classes as well.

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 pm

Keppel : http://www.asiangolfinstitute.com.sg/welcome/

MBGC : http://www.stargolf.com.sg/coaches/
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:04 am

Thanks Nrafee, but i meant some personal recommendations.

i could get the list of coaches by myself as well..

Most important is the feedback. It's not bc the coaches work together that they are all of same "level"
Back to top Go down
honkytong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: golf coaches   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:30 am

you can try joey at keppel, had one lesson with him, not too bad.

Alternatively you can drive further down to nsrcc, look for mark kawasoe, great coach. Would be able to give good basics and instructions for beginners.
Back to top Go down
Solutions
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Solutions

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:38 am

I second Joey too. Took my pc lessons with him. Patient and know his stuff well. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
kinglc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:04 am

The Brit and Japanese coach in mbgc is pretty good.
Not taught by them,but seen not coaching a couple of times.

A friend's bro and wife were coach by the Brit.good feedback.

Hope it helps.

Cheers...
Back to top Go down
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TK

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:32 pm

I have been taking 2 lessons so far with Jun Ojima from MBGC. He is very direct and does not beat around the bush. It took a bit getting used to! He also has a sense of humour so better not take yourself too seriously! However I feel I am benefiting from his instruction and actually look forward to my next lesson. He takes videos and pictures of your swing to better illustrate what he is trying to explain and that was quite helpful for me. I am taking the classes together with my girlfriend and while I have been playing for a much longer time than her, both of us benefit from the class.
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:42 am

Greg Anketell was head professional at Seletar before going to Keppel and is very experienced. Many National junior champions blossomed under his tutelage.
Back to top Go down
christy2211
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
christy2211

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Ian Sim at MBGC seems good. Often see him practice (and teach) there. Nice and easy swing..... Have even seen him hit with a driver without Tee.

Just the other day I was practising nearby and was having a small chit chat with him. I was struggling with my driver slice and had tried different shafts/shaft lengths and was contemplating classes Vs Equipment change. Had issues with consistently hitting the sweet spot as well.

He gave me some tips on where I should be standing, the poor arm extension I was having in my current swing and the balance I need to have at impact etc.

In my one year of using the driver, I , for the first time had a session where I could swing with freedom, hit 250++ consistently and not had a single slice in 20+ consecutive hits.

It was a free lesson, but I guess I have found my future coach.

Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Thanks guys ! thats quite a few numbers of feedback ! it really helps !
My firend apprecits it a lot and he found useful info here and for myself as well .. as i think to take 2 or 3 classes to do an update ! =p
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:08 am

one of my friend is recommending craig marshall in keppel. but i cant find any info.
any feedback ?
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Ian sim!!! He's a really good coach! He will correct your swing and teach you how the club works for you. I recommend him!!
Back to top Go down
blackpool_04
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:03 pm

entity wrote:
Greg Anketell was head professional at Seletar before going to Keppel and is very experienced. Many National junior champions blossomed under his tutelage.

i took my beginner lessons with greg. good coach and nice guy. no qualms recommending him!
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:11 pm

kennyky wrote:
one of my friend is recommending craig marshall in keppel. but i cant find any info.
any feedback ?

He is at Green Fairways now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
nichjon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
nichjon

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm also looking to refresh my golf as i've stopped for about 5 years now after some lessons, this coach @ MBGCC Ian sounds like a good coach, if anyone wants to start a group I'd be very interested in joining so that the cost would then not be that expensive also.

Thanks.

Nick
8-1-1-3-61-7-1
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Ian has been my coach for about two years! you can call him directly or just visit him and see how he does. if it suits you! he's awesome, always motivating and always positive. but one thing he hates, being late and being lazy. when he gives you drills, it's always to improve yourself! he will say, don't be lazy!
Back to top Go down
chia0103
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:00 am

hi all

I cant find ian sim in stargolf academy website. is he still in mbgc? how do I contact him
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:22 pm

chia0103 wrote:
hi all

I cant find ian sim in stargolf academy website. is he still in mbgc? how do I contact him
I have heard he is relocating to Australia for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?   Coach in MBGC or Keppel ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coach in MBGC or Keppel ?
Page 1 of 1