Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions   Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions %7BE088B4A3-843B-45A6-8687-59167C2065C0%7Dwoods_2013_collection_swing_610

When Tiger Woods talks, people listen. But even when he’s not talking, his silence speaks volumes.

That’s what Nike Golf’s design director Kim Kenney found in analyzing Woods’ non-verbal cues throughout his career.

“For Tiger, we found that the key areas of distraction were his collar and sleeves,” Kenney said. “Tiger was typically adjusting his sleeves before he addressed the ball, moving the garment’s shoulder seam back as a way to mark his golf stance. Then, after he followed through he had to adjust and pull his sleeves back to the original position.”

In designing the Spring 2013 Tiger Woods collection, Kenney and his team at Nike wanted to keep Woods’ on-course wardrobe distractions to a minimum

Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions %7B0370E5E9-E99D-41B6-88AB-AAD29227A769%7Dtw_striped_polo_585

To solve this problem, a continuous shoulder seam was ergonomically engineered on the back side of his polo which highlights a proprioceptive point that informs Woods he is in the desired position. In efforts to reduce distraction, the shoulder seam is constructed by ultrasonic line bonding which gives the wearer a seamless feel against the skin.

Additionally, an articulated Kimono-style back with a posture-informing chassis was designed to maximize range of motion. The back of the sleeves are not traditionally sewn onto the body of the shirt, but instead, are engineered as one continuous piece along with the back body of the polo. The design reduces limitations in the area that endures the most tension in a swing – across the back.

"I consider my apparel to be as significant as the rest of my golf equipment,” Tiger Woods said. “My test sessions with the Nike apparel team led us to construct a polo that frees my swing starting at address and continuing through impact and my follow through. The new shoulder seam construction makes for no restrictions. This allows me to swing with power, and with complete confidence."

Perhaps his seemingly easy successes early in the season – wins at Torrey Pines and Doral – can be attributed, in part, to the seamless stitching in this season's shirts.

[img][/img]Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions %7BF546997E-E216-4DDE-8F5C-F4E75FD3FED0%7Dtw_redgraphic_polo_585

Golf Channel
Back to top Go down
jster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions   Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:54 pm

So serious! Tiger always take a few small steps b4 he putt.. Maybe they will come out with some big theory again and 'invent' a new golf shoes.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions   Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:59 pm

Wah didn't know shirt also causes distraction. Wonder what underwear tw wears to minimise his distraction. Jockeys?
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions   Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm

"I consider my apparel to be as significant as the rest of my golf equipment,” Tiger Woods said. “My test sessions with the Nike apparel team led us to construct a polo that frees my swing starting at address and continuing through impact and my follow through. The new shoulder seam construction makes for no restrictions. This allows me to swing with power, and with complete confidence."

His marketing statment
Back to top Go down
ttkm
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions   Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:15 pm

1 shirt - $ 150 dollars ???

Anyone has a clue what's the price of these shirts.
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions   Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:39 pm

Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8DyWMT5TMm8_V_TGRKYplTKeUklOmFbtUvmUE3rdxoFAhxTACTiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROlqJ4RWP5KbR6w-1KCccfxlsw0mlu6E3PYUWz3N_tpKdG-8o11wTiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions 27697bb854b0c926b824a6973f6c5d91

Last edited by Joshua on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions   Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:40 pm

ttkm wrote:

think ard 55 pounds
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions   Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:00 pm

The Masters 2013: Tiger Woods under threat as chasing pack bare their teeth

You can almost smell those Georgia pines, leaking sweet perfume all over Augusta. The first major of the season, the Masters, is only a week away and the big dogs are starting to bite. Tiger Woods heads the list of most right-thinking golf fanciers trying to pick a winner. Three victories in four stroke-play events on the PGA Tour this year is all the evidence required to make the case for the re-instated world No 1. But, compelling as Woods is, he has yet to win at Augusta after coming into the event on the back of a hat-trick of tour titles, which is all the more reason to embrace the powerful arguments being made elsewhere.

Charl Schwartzel struggled to adjust to life in a green jacket after his dramatic Masters triumph in 2011. The rest of the year past in whirl of celebration and ceremony and it was almost a relief to step down as champion to rediscover his game. A rib injury last summer held him back. He started to find some form at the eight-man Turkish Airlines jolly in Turkey last October, and from there has not looked back. Six top-five finishes in his past eight stroke play events, including victory at the Alfred Dunhill Championship in South Africa are proof of that.

The last of Phil Mickelson's three Masters titles came three years ago, wrenching the crown from the grasp of Lee Westwood with arguably the finest escape seen at Augusta, the 6-iron between trees and off pine needles to four feet at the 13th. Mickelson boasts one victory this year, in Phoenix, where he opened with a 60, and he flickered ominously at Houston after reverting to his traditional putting grip. His four-birdie opening stanza on Sunday revealed once again that when he gets the ball rolling there are few as dangerous, especially this close to Augusta.

Where has Dustin Johnson been hiding since his victory at the season opener in Hawaii? Perhaps the question is irrelevant after his Sunday low score of the day 65 in Houston, which propelled him into fourth. With Johnson's length off the tee Augusta's wide open spaces are an obvious attraction but it was his improved iron play in Texas that made the difference and sets the heart racing at what might be in Georgia. Johnson has been searching for rhythm on the greens and, aided by the reliability of his approach play, found it on surfaces remarkably similar in pace and topography to the Masters.

Nestling inside the top 10 at Houston was Louis Oosthuizen, pipped in the play-off at last year's Masters by Bubba Watson's unfeasible wedge at the 10th. Oosthuizen vies with fellow South African Schwartzel for the award of most aesthetically pleasing swing. Unflappable under pressure, Oosthuizen needs only to unlock the putter to threaten. He closed out his final four tournaments of 2012 no lower than sixth and was a winner at the Volvo Champions in January. His form slipped thereafter but we saw enough signs in Houston, where he shot a bogey-free 65 on Saturday, to suggest he will not be far adrift at Augusta.

Justin Rose has spent the past week preparing at home in Florida. He chased Woods home last time out in Bay Hill and his rise to a career-high world No 3 suggests he is as close as any to a major breakthrough this year. Rose has the lowest scoring average on the PGA Tour this season, tops the sand saves stats and is better than any from 125 yards in. That adds up to a heap of opportunity once that bell goes.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions   Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:09 am

Joshua wrote:
ttkm wrote:

think ard 55 pounds

Nike Polo T may cost only $20-$30 the rest of the money you pay goes to his endorsement fee!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions   Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods '13 line minimizes distractions
Page 1 of 1