Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rain Check

Go down 
+2
bkll
smokey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smokey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Rain Check Empty
PostSubject: Rain Check   Rain Check I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:54 pm

In this sunny island of ours, where we expect to be able to be golfing everyday, nothing frustrates us more than to take a day leave, drive all the way down, suit up like a pro, do all the warm-ups, ready for a good game and then getting our play cut short by the merciless thundery rain.

If I am not wrong, some golf courses will offer rain check. Is rain check a standard practice for all golf courses? Are there a standard way of implementing rain check and how is it being implemented in Singapore?

I mean, do they offer a 9 hole or 18 hole rain check? Or how many holes before you have played then they decide what rain check to offer, if there is any?

Hope my questions don’t sound silly.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

Rain Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rain Check   Rain Check I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:00 pm

There is no standard practice. Depends on the golf course.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Rain Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rain Check   Rain Check I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:16 pm

I believe (and please correct me if I'm mistaken) that the only course which offers a 9-hole rain check (assuming you've started on your first 9) is MBGC.

All other clubs do not do so which means that once you've hit your ball off the first tee and it rains out from your 2nd shot onwards, you're out of luck.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

Rain Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rain Check   Rain Check I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:24 pm

If you have not started the back nine usually 9 hole rain check, excluding the buggy fees for NSRCC.
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

Rain Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rain Check   Rain Check I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Every golf course will have a set of Raincheck Policy, to serve as a guidelines for them when it comes to inclement weather situation.

However, majority of the times it really depends on how severe is the condition, how long will the delays be, plus a few other factors and it usually comes down to the one calling the shot at the respective golf courses, to decide whether or not to give raincheck and what sort of rainchecks to give based on a few criteria, such as number of holes completed, etc.

As far as I know, the final decision lies with the one calling the shot at the golf course after putting all the factors into consideration.

On a side note slightly out of main topic here, I remember back in the days in Australia where green fees for public golf courses were like $15-$25. No one would even bothered to ask or argue for rainchecks.

Whereas in Singapore where a round of golf would easily cost over $100, many of such cases would definitely arise.

Back to top Go down
jster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Rain Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rain Check   Rain Check I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:23 pm

No standard practise. Diff golf cse diff practise.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Rain Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rain Check   Rain Check I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:31 pm

My experience at MBGC was quite alright. We started the first hole and was proceeding for third shot when the heaven opens. They gave us the 18 hole rain check and say they will be flexible if only first 2 holes are played. More than that, a 9 hole rain check will be given if the back nine had not been started yet.

Other golf courses may differ, as what has been said above.

Not meant to be cheapo though, if you have played about 3 holes and it rains, and you get a 9 hole rain check. Somehow or another the rain stops while you are sitting out, are you allowed to proceed to finish the remaining 6 holes (assuming it is too late to complete the 18 and of course not many people playing) and do the other 9 next time?

Like I say, it's not meant to be cheapo but you should understand the craving to at least have a go since so much effort has been taken for that day of golf.

This aside, one thing to note though is that rain check is normally given if you are a full paying customer (correct me if wrong). If playing under some credit card thingy or vouchers then I think there will be no rain check given.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rain Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rain Check   Rain Check I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rain Check
Page 1 of 1