Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommended drivers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Recommended drivers Empty
PostSubject: Recommended drivers   Recommended drivers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:57 am

I have a bro who just started to learn golf.He is skinny dont hold heavy clubs too well and is looking to get a driver for his lesson.

What club (off the shelf) is recommended for him that fits within his criteria eg. Light driver, forgiving and lesser investment cost (below $200)
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Recommended drivers   Recommended drivers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:03 am

His coach will probably give a better recommendation for the loft and shaft stiffness of the driver suitable for your friend.

As for brands, you might want to consider a used taylor made driver which are generally much cheaper.
Back to top Go down
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
charlesho

PostSubject: Re: Recommended drivers   Recommended drivers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 12:01 pm

If he don't mind 2nd hand club, I have a maruman conductor 10.5

Definitely beginner friendly.

You can ask him to text me at 97637890.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Recommended drivers   Recommended drivers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Almost every user here has his/her opinion on what is a forgiving club. Frankly, your friend should consult his coach to figure out what works best. In fact, if he's OK, he may want to hold off buying a driver altogether until he's more familiar with his swing and has better consistency and confidence. At that time, it'll be easier for him to assess what club works best.

My take is this: every club works differently from different individuals. One man's meat is another man's poison. Just cause it works for me, doesn't automatically mean that it'll work for him.

If your friend is adamant and insists on buying a driver, take a look at Golf Digest's hotlist for what's big and new on the market. You'll see that there are game improvement drivers which are intended to help higher handicappers get the ball off the tee on ideally onto the fairway (though even then, it's debatable).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended drivers   Recommended drivers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommended drivers
Page 1 of 1