Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

amazing..........

Go down 
+4
mrunix97
jascon77
Kel81
Winston
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:56 am

PM's shot off the cart path on day 3 of WGC Cadilac...

PSL Isnt that a free drop?
Back to top Go down
Kel81
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:13 pm

Cart path no free relieve?
Back to top Go down
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jascon77

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:38 pm

For cart path you have option to get free relief this is to avoid damage to yourself and the club Smile But if the stakes are high enough I do see some pros and amateurs hit it off the cart path if they see that the relief will not give them a good lie , a better angle of attack or just simply the relief may not give you a good place to take a good stroke.

For Phil Mickelsons case here I see that the nearest point of relief will be to his left side of the cartpath (since that is the place that is not nearer to the hole) and he must have judged that by taking relief he may have a more difficult shot which could be because of the obbstruction there or some lie consideration.
Back to top Go down
Kel81
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Hmmm I would take the free relief for the sake of my clubs. But the pros are different... They have sponsorship...Lolz
Back to top Go down
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jascon77

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Yeah, maybe they change their wedges after a few or so games to make sure the grooves are sharp.
Back to top Go down
mrunix97
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:31 pm

he can do that because he can change his sets anytime he wants, lol
Back to top Go down
michaelcheah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
michaelcheah

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:59 pm

funny how Phil Mickleson said it is an easy shot ...really not very difficult ... just don't try it with your new wedge ... Wink
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:06 pm

michaelcheah wrote:
funny how Phil Mickleson said it is an easy shot ...really not very difficult ... just don't try it with your new wedge ... Wink

Can lah, if the club is sponsored. If my golf balls are sponsored, I would probably be using one after every alternate holes or every hole.Laughing
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:43 pm

I learned the hard way just Saturday.... dun "metal teeth" in golf... if need to take relief, take relief.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:09 pm

We will go through some mistakes in life, in one way or another.

I see many beginners tell themselves (me included) before hitting a challenging shot, for example, ball lying among trees. The best option would be to hit out to fairway for the lost of a stroke.

"But wait, there's an opening between the trees that I might be able to put the ball on the green."

And that, my friends that's how we all begin as new golfers. And most often than not, the end result is detrimental to one's ego and a ballooning score.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:14 pm

TDO wrote:

I see many beginners tell themselves (me included) before hitting a challenging shot, for example, ball lying among trees. The best option would be to hit out to fairway for the lost of a stroke.

"But wait, there's an opening between the trees that I might be able to put the ball on the green."

And that, my friends that's how we all begin as new golfers. And most often than not, the end result is detrimental to one's ego and a ballooning score.
+1

All going for distance but forget how to finish the hole.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:40 pm

+1!
+1!

DITTO!!

Embarassed

enwee wrote:
TDO wrote:

+1

All going for distance but forget how to finish the hole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

amazing.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: amazing..........   amazing.......... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

amazing..........
Page 1 of 1