Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise

Go down 
+19
renode
pushslice
Kookk
coe16arg
jason.koh.54966
Ant
slinger
ChrisD
weaponx
blee67
mox
willytan
shimizu.toruk
Angchug
chien
angeldogleslie
enwee
kangster
adenn20
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:29 pm

adenn20 wrote:
Oh ....
Kakis wise, I don't have many ... But hope to meet
Many like minded friendly souls along the way

Newbie still Smile
Actually newbies, I think NSRCC is a good choice as joining a club almost ensure u get your hcp.
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Anyway the choice is yours. I am just trying to share my expensive experience with nsrcc and do your sum. It's so simple, just use an excel spreadsheet.
1) only 4 weekend game
2) 1 weekday n 1 weekend
3) 2 weekday n 2 weekend
4) 30 games
Compare the difference
You can take Raffles as example to compare. At present Raffles is $40,000 with 16 years, average is $2.500/year, monthly is $150. No green fee, buggy is $21.70.
Anyway for those who think its hard to spend over 1k/ month at nsrcc. I played close to 300 games per year at Kranji, it's almost my 2nd home. There are days I tee off at changi in the morning n cont at Kranji in the afternoon.
Newee maybe you let to teach me how to save at nsrcc if u play 20-25 games per month.
I also like to learn from you and maybe ask nsrcc for a refund.

Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Angchug wrote:
Anyway the choice is yours. I am just trying to share my expensive experience with nsrcc and do your sum. It's so simple, just use an excel spreadsheet.
1) only 4 weekend game
2) 1 weekday n 1 weekend
3) 2 weekday n 2 weekend
4) 30 games
Compare the difference
You can take Raffles as example to compare. At present Raffles is $40,000 with 16 years, average is $2.500/year, monthly is $150. No green fee, buggy is $21.70.
Anyway for those who think its hard to spend over 1k/ month at nsrcc. I played close to 300 games per year at Kranji, it's almost my 2nd home. There are days I tee off at changi in the morning n cont at Kranji in the afternoon.
Newee maybe you let to teach me how to save at nsrcc if u play 20-25 games per month.

What a Face

affraid

300 games a year !!!?????

You must be a Pro !! Wow! I'm impressed....

They should make you Club Captain or President of the Committee...!

Superman

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Angchug wrote:
1) only 4 weekend game
2) 1 weekday n 1 weekend
3) 2 weekday n 2 weekend
4) 30 games
Compare the difference

Sorry I don't have that much time for 20-25 games a month. Anyway I played rcc recently green is nowhere near what nsrcc, regardless speed or condition. Anyway angchuq, u did not tell the whole rcc story. Palm is rather run down and members will most likely to top up for repairing of it for lack of sinking fund. Also because of palm conditon most of the time now after rain buggy on track
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:10 pm

if u are playing 20-25 games per month.....

then cant compare nsrcc lah...

one shd be better off buying JCC or Warren etc

furthermore u can choose to walk the course...

but hor.... i must envy your job

i will be happy to play 15 games a month...

if i am playing 15 games a month, i would consider other clubs than nsrcc liao...
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 pm

If you are not a full time golfer pls don't go round acting like one. The topic here is about joining nsrcc n I just state my experience for discussion. Give him more options to explore.
Now you suddenly change subject and attack Raffles
What do you really know about raffles? No fund??? Lousy green ??? Topup ???? Interesting
Perhaps you might like to scan a copy of their last AGM minute and post it.
All the true facts n financial are stated clearly inside.
I brought a friend there last week n he signed up on Monday, he is member of Seletar.
We are not here to help him to decide. The forum is for constructive discussion with an open mind.

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:28 pm

slinger wrote:

if i am playing 15 games a month, i would consider other clubs than nsrcc liao...
+1
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:20 am

Steady steady, CNY still round the corner....I believed all posted to share and allow the originator more options and points to consider with good intents. cheers

10M toto coming liao, hope everyone HUAT AH!.....if only I kana then can afford club membership liao... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 am

Angchug wrote:
If you are not a full time golfer pls don't go round acting like one. The topic here is about joining nsrcc n I just state my experience for discussion. Give him more options to explore.
What do you really know about raffles? No fund??? Lousy green ??? Topup ???? Interesting
I brought a friend there last week n he signed up on Monday, he is member of Seletar.
We are not here to help him to decide. The forum is for constructive discussion with an open mind.

For you been blasting Nsrcc from day 1 they raise the sub and green fee. It make u sound like crying baby when someone snatched your toy. As I was told by member who attended the agm and committee inside also told me the same thing. You are not telling everyone the whole story. Comparing green conditon, isn't Nsrcc much better? Look at the usage of the course and compare. Also u did not answer those qns I wrote, is it true that palm is buggy on track after rain most of the time? Honestly I just played lake last wk with friend the green condition was much better but still slow. U agree? As bro slinger mention I doubt many here get to played 20-25 games a mth, but of cos if u played that much then definitely other courses would be cheaper than nsrcc. I told u before if the amount you spend on nsrcc is so much why not save 4-5 years and get sicc. cheaper sub, more courses and better clubhouse? But isn't this game about enjoying the company of your kakis so that why we suggested the thread starter to follow his kakis. Topic OFF
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:10 am

Angchug wrote:

May I just humbly ask what is the meaning of a full-time golfer? Are you one? Do you get paid playing golf?

(Note: just being curious, no ill intent here, in case I also kena slam becos I am not a "full-time". thanks).
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:33 am

slinger wrote:

I also envy you alot. Can target to play 15 games a month.

If I can play 15 games a month, I don't think my legs will turn wobbly jelly everytime I play with you.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:11 am

Playing 300 games a year. Your game must be damn solid.
Till date I only managed to play around 300 games within 3 years.
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:44 pm

There are actually lots of full time golfers out there. Most of us are old uncles n we just hit the courses everyday to kill time. Some of us are just hardcore golfer or addict.
There are some courses in china that have special package for hardcore golf. Basically you just golf n sleep. Haining is one of them, everyday first 36 holes is free including buggy n caddie.
I ever stay there for 10 days n played 540holes.
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:21 pm

First of all we are talking about Joining NSrcc and I only talk about my experience but you start to attack my integrity by comment where the 70k come from without doing your sum. You can share your view but you shouldn't open your f... Big mouth to attack others without checking the facts. The main subject here is about costing. Please stick to the main objective
The true fact is if anyone play 1 weekday + 1 weekend at nsrcc, it's going to cost him around $7,800/year. If 2 weekday + 1 weekend, it's going to cost $10,000.00/year

If you want to discuss about other clubs and welfare, you start your own topic for us to discuss with you. Stop trying to be a 老大 here, insulting people and be so arrogant. This is not the first time you go around insulting people.
We are not here to compare our wealth! We are here to share our views and not insults.
Here is the answer to your stupid questions
1) there are 2 courses at Raffles and both green speed is around 7.5 - 8. Good enough for me.
2) Palm course fairway can't handle buggy if its wet but we can always play Lake.
3) Palm is under discussion right now whether to renovate or rebuild. Most of the members prefer to repair or renovate but committee wanted to replace n rebuild. They still trying to gather enough vote from members which is going to be tough as most of us will be either too old or death 15 years later.
4) Raffles present sinking fund is standing at over $20m. Good enough for 1,500 golfers
5) I yet to come across any course that allow buggy during a heavy storm. Even your SICC can't
Can't handle it.
6) doesn't bother me whether you like or hate Raffles. I am only there to golf.
7) changi nsrcc fairways are much much better then Palm but Lake is just as good with a better view. Palm is mainly for tournament, most of the time is empty.

Anyway ! I am so sick of your bullsh't n comments.

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Both, please tone down your words. You argued with some substance, but stay away fr personal attacks. Keep the discussions healthy folks. If you continue to escalate, we'll also need to escalate our moderation. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Angchug wrote:
First of all we are talking about Joining NSrcc and I only talk about my experience but you start to attack my integrity by comment where the 70k come from without doing your sum. You can share your view but you shouldn't open your f... Big mouth to attack others without checking the facts. The main subject here is about costing. Please stick to the main objective
The true fact is if anyone play 1 weekday + 1 weekend at nsrcc, it's going to cost him around $7,800/year. If 2 weekday + 1 weekend, it's going to cost $10,000.00/year

If you want to discuss about other clubs and welfare, you start your own topic for us to discuss with you. Stop trying to be a 老大 here, insulting people and be so arrogant. This is not the first time you go around insulting people.
We are not here to compare our wealth! We are here to share our views and not insults.
Here is the answer to your stupid questions
1) there are 2 courses at Raffles and both green speed is around 7.5 - 8. Good enough for me.
2) Palm course fairway can't handle buggy if its wet but we can always play Lake.
3) Palm is under discussion right now whether to renovate or rebuild. Most of the members prefer to repair or renovate but committee wanted to replace n rebuild. They still trying to gather enough vote from members which is going to be tough as most of us will be either too old or death 15 years later.
4) Raffles present sinking fund is standing at over $20m. Good enough for 1,500 golfers
5) I yet to come across any course that allow buggy during a heavy storm. Even your SICC can't
Can't handle it.
6) doesn't bother me whether you like or hate Raffles. I am only there to golf.
7) changi nsrcc fairways are much much better then Palm but Lake is just as good with a better view. Palm is mainly for tournament, most of the time is empty.

Anyway ! I am so sick of your bullsh't n comments.

Sicc? Sorry hor I heard only 1 buggy course and many members there choose to buy their own trolley. Why palm? for tournament because its cheaper. Why repair because it cost less from what I heard from several very old members of rcc the full cost of rebuild palm cost $24m. Even with $20m sinking fund, you think it's enough what abt your daily maintainence etc even it's enough when palm is closed many will go to lake and at the end of reno lake will need revamp as well where does the money come from? Last agm, I know many went to quiry why seletar rebuild only cost $18m whereas palm need $24m and also since palm need to rebuild why wanna spend so much in doing up the clubhouse and changing room. Rcc is a nice course especially for palm, I played there so many times I dare to say that I think some members also do not how to play that.

As for 70k, u are scaring away newbies from Nsrcc because they did not know you actually stay there Sad. Lastly if there's no outsiders paying full fee u think any clubs can sustain the daily operation cost?

At pushslice, sorry if there's any offending words. But I believe angchug should not started attacking clubs just because of small matters I think all clubs are good ground to provide the games but just because someone raise the fees here and there. He felt so angry whats over is over not happy he can just choose not to join. If his club, RCC now started to ask $$ from members for $$ for reno? Is he going to start all over again? It's ugly yes but it's the fact for our local golf scene.
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:46 pm

actually, i learn quite a few things from their "correspondences"... nice...
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:53 pm

But hor,
300 games at Nsrcc a year cost more than 70k just for the game fees.
Maybe you should price higher on the fees to play in NSRCC.

196 x 39(old Nsrcc weekday game fee)=7644
104 x 68(old Nsrcc weekend game fee)= 7072

Total 1 year = 14,716 x 5 years = $73,580

73,580 + 4800(membership fee) + 1500(old subscription fee)
= 79,880

Maybe you should add your petrol for you to drive there, eat there since u normally play 36holes a day.
I believe you definitely spend more than 70k.
80k looks more realistic.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 pm

ALAMAK.....

This topic again...

Every alternate month there will be someone popping this topic again... Over n over again...

SIBEH BO LIAO.....

Sharing become arguement...

My opinion is TS should have do a search n every Fxxking answer is there...
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:47 pm

put it simply... it's call law of diminishing returns...

Returns dwindle at some point.

Different for each individual based on the frequency of play...

thanks for sharing, I never thought of it this way Smile
Back to top Go down
A.A.A.A.A.A.
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 3:01 pm

how is NSRCC these days? 

weekend tee times easier to get at changi?
would you sign again if you had to renew today?
Back to top Go down
equin0x
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Weekend tee times are still tough to get if you wanna book a whole flight. You gotta queue on the previous week on friday or saturday to get a slot for the following week's sat/sunday. 

If you're joining as a solo not that difficult to ball match. Best time to ball match is midweek when people cancel last minute. 

Most people gripe about the green fees that are due to increase in july but there isnt much anyone can do about it. 

If you cant afford to shell out 50k for another club i guess no choice but to renew right? Haha. 

Might be cheaper to go horizon hills on the weekend if you dont mind travelling. Greens are amazing and stimping at roughly 11.5. Comparable to serapong or even slightly faster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2