Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise

Go down 
+19
renode
pushslice
Kookk
coe16arg
jason.koh.54966
Ant
slinger
ChrisD
weaponx
blee67
mox
willytan
shimizu.toruk
Angchug
chien
angeldogleslie
enwee
kangster
adenn20
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
adenn20
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise Empty
PostSubject: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:04 pm

I do not have a golf membership currently, and am shuffling between local games @ MBGC & JB golf courses like puteri.

I am currently considering taking up a 5 year term with NSRCC.

Pls advise the pros and cons of doing so...

greatly appreciate the input of fellow forum members.

cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kangster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kangster

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:09 pm

What's the cost for a 5 yrs term membership nowsaday?

remembered was $2500 couple years ago... thot that is a good deal...

Barring packed crowd almost everyday.

NSRCC Bro and Sis... care to share please on your take?

Back to top Go down
adenn20
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:17 pm

yup...these were the queries i had in mind too...
thanks for expanding Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:18 pm

They having this promotion now.

http://www.nsrcc.com.sg/membership/membership-promotion
Back to top Go down
angeldogleslie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angeldogleslie

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Since you are a seasoned traveler up north and you game more on weekday, i think you should remain status quo.

Despite the price hike, NSRCC is still one of the most (if not the most) affordable memberships around in SG - cheap range with 27 holes plus a par 3 course.

Having said that, it will still boil down to where your kakis normally play. If i have kakis at NSRCC and they play often, i will take up the NSRCC membership.

ps - yes, im a NSRCC member too Smile
Back to top Go down
adenn20
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Thank you guys for ur invaluable input..

will be mulling over it...

i will post if i do sign up, and get to know some kakis thru this forum.

Smile
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Agreed... WHERE YOUR KAKIS ARE.....

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 2:38 pm

If you do your sum, nsrcc is not the cheapest. The joining fee might be the lowest but for regular golfer they are the most expensive in town. 100s of us quit nsrcc last year after the price adjustment.
If you are a regular golf playing more then 4 games per month and can afford to join a private club. It's better to avoid nsrcc. The annual cost for weekend golfer is almost the same as private club but private is much cheaper if you play more then 4 games per month.
I started off playing at nsrcc as they were the cheapest but after 5 years when I did my sum I realized I screwed up. My total spending for 5 years with nsrcc =$70,000.00
You need to do your sum before you commit.

Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 3:02 pm

From a non-member's perspective who's shopping around for a club membership...

I do agree that with the green fee revision, golfing as a NSRCC member on weekends is kinda expensive if you factor in all hidden costs (monthly subscription, joining fee etc)...

But I also think that it depends on your (including your family's) lifestyle and when you play golf. And with that in mind, I'm actually thinking hard about the 5 year Basic membership (2.4K joining) since I don't play weekend golf. The costs that I have to bear, as compared to playing at MGBC, becomes slightly more bearable.

Just my 2 cts. Thoughts anyone?
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Have anyone considered changi golf club? I think it is the cheapest club around @ $588 per year (no sub fees).
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:25 pm

but only one course. i would prefer nsrcc
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:32 pm

This topic had pop up again and again. Buy what u can afford..everyone also want SICC, TMCC, SCC but how many can afford? Also lastly where your kakis are.. But IMHO, buy anywhere also ok not JB unless u stay in JB.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:06 am

enwee wrote:
This topic had pop up again and again. Buy what u can afford..everyone also want SICC, TMCC, SCC but how many can afford? Also lastly where your kakis are.. But IMHO, buy anywhere also ok not JB unless u stay in JB.

Agree with Enwee most important is where your kakis are. Even if they are often in jb, why not if it suits you... Golf is not an investment nowadays so don't think about saving or making a few dollars.. It's a luxury, if you wanna play and enjoy, then be prepare to spend. Else, you'll be quite miserable...

Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:21 am

mox wrote:
but only one course. i would prefer nsrcc

Now i know why we dont see you liao....
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:56 am

just curious, its been mentioned that NSRCC has many hidden costs, and subcription fees have been listed as one.. but don't the other clubs have the same subcriptions fees as well?for SICC you pay buggy fees only, but i understand the monthly sub is $250 (vs $40)? which is equiv to about 3 w/e games in NSRCC right? or am i missing something here?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:35 pm

weaponx wrote:
just curious, its been mentioned that NSRCC has many hidden costs, and subcription fees have been listed as one.. but don't the other clubs have the same subcriptions fees as well?for SICC you pay buggy fees only, but i understand the monthly sub is $250 (vs $40)? which is equiv to about 3 w/e games in NSRCC right? or am i missing something here?
Sicc sub I heard from a bro here is $120, and since most of the courses are walking. So it's ok.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 pm

Angchug wrote:
If you do your sum, nsrcc is not the cheapest. The joining fee might be the lowest but for regular golfer they are the most expensive in town. 100s of us quit nsrcc last year after the price adjustment.
If you are a regular golf playing more then 4 games per month and can afford to join a private club. It's better to avoid nsrcc. The annual cost for weekend golfer is almost the same as private club but private is much cheaper if you play more then 4 games per month.
I started off playing at nsrcc as they were the cheapest but after 5 years when I did my sum I realized I screwed up. My total spending for 5 years with nsrcc =$70,000.00
You need to do your sum before you commit.

err... I cant seem to figure out how you arrive at this $70k figure... Not to scare off some guys here... Perhaps you could give a rough breakdown of this $70k over 5 years ? Let's say the membership is $2.5k, annual subscription is $500, average per game is $50 or $70 depending whether it's weekend or weekdays...?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:09 pm

I believe so if he is playing around 12 games a month.(min 4 weekend games)

4800 (full member for 5 years)
2400 (subscription for 5 years)

63800 / 60 mths ~ $1000 per month in games alone

$1000 = 20 weekday games or 13 weekday and 4 weekend games

$1000 is a bit on the high side.
I had paid ~800+ for a month before just on weekday games.

But would say 50k sound more realistic if u are a frequent golfer like Chien.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 pm

ChrisD wrote:
I believe so if he is playing around 12 games a month.(min 4 weekend games)

4800 (full member for 5 years)
2400 (subscription for 5 years)

63800 / 60 mths ~ $1000 per month in games alone

$1000 = 20 weekday games or 13 weekday and 4 weekend games

$1000 is a bit on the high side.
I had paid ~800+ for a month before just on weekday games.

But would say 50k sound more realistic if u are a frequent golfer like Chien.

Laughing Thanks ChrisD for the explanation la... 20 weekday games is 5 days every week?? Pro status maybe...? Laughing

Errr... The last I checked i only do average 1 game a week la...

cheers

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 pm

apart from the top 3 courses here...

its not too harsh to say that nsrcc has done well to maintain the course conditions...

i think its good to factor that in if one looking at nsrcc membership...

i have played at other med tier courses, none comes near to the condition that nsrcc provide...

however, i do agree that service in their F&B outlets do need lots of improvement...
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:57 pm

slinger wrote:

its not too harsh to say that nsrcc has done well to maintain the course conditions...

i think its good to factor that in if one looking at nsrcc membership...

i have played at other med tier courses, none comes near to the condition that nsrcc provide...

however, i do agree that service in their F&B outlets do need lots of improvement...

+1

Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:53 pm

If you play every weekend like I do, the 5 years NSRCC full membership joining fee plus monthly subscription fees, plus green fee & buggy for 4 weekend games/month add up to approximately $25k.

Yes - while where your kakis are, is also important, I started without any kakis but make some great ones for life along the 7 years with NSRCC. There many nice golfers you will meet along the way and they can become great friends in any club you may decide to join! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:08 pm

slinger wrote:

+1.

But I still not sure where the 70K come in. Anyway u guys seen the lease remaining of all the clubs in the newspaper, so whichever clubs u buy may not have a clubs at the end of lease. Unless you got enough money to join Sentosa, TMCC and SICC. I think these 3 will still be there regardless what.
Back to top Go down
adenn20
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Will be commiting to 4 years ordinary membership for
I can only play on weekdays... So it makes perfect sense
Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
adenn20
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Oh ....
Kakis wise, I don't have many ... But hope to meet
Many like minded friendly souls along the way

Newbie still Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise   NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next