Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th

Go down 
+3
pocketace
LousyGolfer
Duval_S
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th Empty
PostSubject: An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th   An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:12 pm

At long last......one of those courses which I had heard but not get the chance to play, has been 'checked'.....ie been there, done that.

Course = Tampines @ TMCC

Disclaimer: I dont play in many courses all over the world...the comments are solely based on my observations

This is one course where I really felt there is a real serene feeling....very much like a resort golf feeing. Trees are a plenty. So plenty that almost all my 2nd shot have a tree blocking me....Sian...this is the consequence of being short of the tee.

Green wise is 'true' (Trying to sound like pro). Fast !!!. After being advised by the host, here is my guidelines...if left to right line.....take more left and vice versa. my cock eye didint know how to read till back nine....

playing off blue is a challenge but a good experience. being short fm tee will have the trees blocking as most holes if not all, are either dog-left or right.....nothing is straight hole

if there is one word I will associate with this course

its ......SERENE + STIM
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th   An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:53 pm

yes... the course was great.... a bit challenging if you play there first time but very good fun. The greens are one of the best i have played in sg.If u are used to nsrcc or mbgc, the greens will need some getting used to.

Great course, no traffic, great company, friendly staff, exceptional weather, lousy score (so can hit more shots to enjoy the course even more).... what else can one ask for Wink
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th   An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Chien took good care of you guys
Glad the weather held up for you guys in the morning

I also like tmcc tampines
Food is also good

Chien, next time I will join you there!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th   An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:21 pm

yeap.... I tried the fish teochew porridge for breakfast......not sure its becos I am hungry or what.........BUT its really good......and I can pay purchase it even if I am not a member.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th   An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 pm

I do like TMCC Tampines. The frequent planes flying overhead does scare me a little but by and large, it's a nice course. TMCC is an awesome club Smile
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

PostSubject: Re: An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th   An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 7:34 pm

Really nice course to play, love that place, would love to go back there again (especially when my only game there was interrupted by rain). Smile
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th   An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks Duval & LG for your kind words and compliments...

Great for you guys to visit me... I'm always happy to host any game.. Too bad you couldn't stay back for lunch, next time we can have the famous fish head curry.... Our next game at Gardens at your convenience....

Pocketace, aquaman & Technospaz, lets arrange a flight now since we have 4 ! cheers

When?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
JimB976
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th   An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 7:37 pm

I love the Tampines course - much prefer it to Garden

Probably because i always seem to play so badly at Garden!!!
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

PostSubject: Re: An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th   An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Chien, lets put this on queue, date to be decided after mar 22 game. Smile
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th   An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Hee.. Sure mate any time.. Wa... Our 22 Mar event looks like eternity man... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th   An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Experience at Tampines.....@ Feb 15th
Page 1 of 1