Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience

Go down 
+15
icorpion
essentiale
mrkatsucurry
TDO
stickman
Begbie
Joshua
chien
pocketace
nismo88
Bangla123
shimizu.toruk
costajos
volkswagenboy
scottycollector
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience Empty
PostSubject: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:41 pm

Just want to share a really shocking experience at D'zendiq
1. I went there a few weeks back to tailor my pants. The uncle seemed mild-mannered and nice. I chose the fabric and made an order for 6 pairs of pants / berms. I told him that I wanted my pants and berms to be slightly tapered. Price is really good. 6 pairs for $240.

2. 1 week later, i went back for fitting. The pants did not fit well at all. The waist was too tight and the thigh area was way too baggy. I informed him of this and he remarked that i must have put on weight. I thought his remark was a bit strange but i took it as a joke and thought nothing of it.

3. Today, I went down to collect my pants. The waist was better fit but still slightly tight. The thigh area still very baggy. In fact, my off-the-rack pants looked better and fit better. What a joke right? Anyway, this was how the conversation went:

Me: Uncle, the thigh area still too baggy. Can you make it tighter? It looks sloppy.
Uncle: Just wash it. It will shrink.
Me: Huh? How much can it shrink? Cos it's really very baggy. Also, doesn't that mean the entire pants will shrink?
Uncle: (looking very irritated) Ok ok I do minor adjustment for u
Me: Ok do you need to take measurement again?
Uncle: No need. I'm the master at this.
Me: (thinking: WTF?)

After that I went for lunch nearby and thought about what he said about shrinking. So i got worried about the waist becoming too tight. I tried calling him to ask him about this. However he didn't pick up his phone despite me calling 3 times. By the fourth time, he had turned off his phone. So I went back to his shop to talk to him.

Me: Uncle, can you also adjust the buckle to make it 1cm looser.
Uncle: (Very angry) NO CANNOT.
Me: I just need you to move the buckle. No need any major adjustment
Uncle: (MORE angry). NO CANNOT. WE DON'T MOVE IT BY 1 cm. IF want to adjust, at least 3/4 inch
Me: No i just need u to move the buckle. that's all.
Uncle: So you are the master now is it?
Me: No i'm not the master. I'm the customer. I'm asking if u can help me to move the buckle by 1 cm
Uncle: (beginning to look and sound psychotic) NO CANNOT. Cannot be done. etc etc
Me: Why are you getting so worked up? Your service is very bad.
Uncle: Yes down here got no service.
Me: There is no need to get angry. The reason I came here is because you were recommended on an online forum. Now i'm going to tell them that your attitude is very bad
Uncle: You go and tell la. NO ONE MESSES WITH ME. You will regret it. I got 11 children to feed. You will regret it. I SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: You are behaving very badly. You should be very ashamed of yourself.

The above is the gist of what happened. I know some of you may think that this is just one side of the story, but I can assure u that I was very civil and calm throughout the entire conversation.

I know ppl always say "You get what you pay for" and "if you pay peanuts, u get monkeys". but even then, I think that there was really no need for him to be so rude and psychotic, especially since I wasn't even complaining or getting mad at him for doing a lousy job in the first place. It's ironic because all i was asking for was for him to do his job - to make the clothing fit. That's what tailors are supposed to do right?

Anyway, for those of you who are thinking of going there - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Last edited by scottycollector on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
volkswagenboy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
volkswagenboy

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:49 pm

hi there, i believe you. Is it the common behaviour of people from FESC or is it the competition too tough there??
Heard from friend greenfield attitude and i dont think i will really want to go there for any golf items....
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:54 pm

Scotty, who recommended the shop to you? lol
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 3:01 pm

To be fair, I think that if one isn't particular about having a good fit, then this shop is perfectly fine.

Just walk in, buy the pants and leave. You will never encounter the psychotic side of this uncle.

In fact, it's ok if a tailor gets it wrong the 1st, or even 2nd time. What is unacceptable is his horrible attitude, especially since I was polite and civil the entire time
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 3:08 pm

scottycollector wrote:
To be fair, I think that if one isn't particular about having a good fit, then this shop is perfectly fine.

Just walk in, buy the pants and leave. You will never encounter the psychotic side of this uncle.

In fact, it's ok if a tailor gets it wrong the 1st, or even 2nd time. What is unacceptable is his horrible attitude, especially since I was polite and civil the entire time

I think the reason why one goes to a tailor is get shirts / pants that fit to one's body shape and preferences. If those are not a big issue then one shouldn't be visiting tailors in the first place.

IMO, going to a tailor (regardless of how cheap the tailoring) is in itself a "premium service" as opposed to buying off the rack.

Is this one of those tailor shops at the ground floor of FESC, if so you might wanna check if they have the "Case Trust" label. Don't wash your shorts and keep the receipt, you might have a case with CASE (no pun intended).

Good luck, and thanks for the heads up. Hope your next game score birdies and pars to ease this misadventure :-)
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Wow. Eleven kids.. its no wonder why he cant concentrate on his job with that many children .
Back to top Go down
nismo88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nismo88

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 3:28 pm

I have been there to make 4 long sleeve shirts for work. Lets just say I havent been there after that visit and that was about 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 4:07 pm

I had 2 suits made and 4 pair of pants and 2 shirts made there over 2 visits. I returned to get 2 pairs of my pants altered looser. He did it no question ask

Sorry to hear bout your bad experience. Nothing against you, I just wanna share my side of the story.

I just recommended my colleague who made 2 suits and 5 shirts recently with him. My colleague came away satisfied.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Wa... Think he must be having a very bad day... Believe me, having 11 children is tough !! affraid

He could have one calling him non stop asking for a new mobile phone, another gotten into a fight in school and the teacher just called him up for meeting in school tomorrow during school hours, the other just failed his maths test after he had spent the whole night teaching him, and last but not least, the wife could have been nagging him about the fridge breaking down again...

Laughing

Nevertheless... It was really unfortunate.. Did you pay for all the stuff in the end ??

cheers

Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 4:49 pm

11 children 110 children

Got nothing to do with tailoring
Back to top Go down
nismo88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nismo88

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 pm

chien wrote:

He could have one calling him non stop asking for a new mobile phone, another gotten into a fight in school and the teacher just called him up for meeting in school tomorrow during school hours, the other just failed his maths test after he had spent the whole night teaching him, and last but not least, the wife could have been nagging him about the fridge breaking down again...

Bro Chien, I like what u said..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:01 pm

After reading ur post... I think I will just buy off the rack pants... haha.. sorry to hear about the shitty time u had... take it easy and move on bro.. just pay another $10 bucks or so to alter at another shop...
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Wa, if he really said what he did, I doubt I will take my chance with him if I intend to get something tailored.

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 10:36 pm

Wah! So much trouble just to tailor some pants. Come to think of it I have not been to a tailor in the last 35 years. The last tailor made clothes was a Corduroy Jacket I made for riding motorbike. Pretty cool back in the 1970s. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:22 pm

TDO wrote:
Wah! So much trouble just to tailor some pants. Come to think of it I have not been to a tailor in the last 35 years. The last tailor made clothes was a Corduroy Jacket I made for riding motorbike. Pretty cool back in the 1970s. Shocked

Haha.. u mus have been cool in your days, tall dark and handsome with a corduroy jacket riding into the wind... awesome feeling eh...

And yeah.. I agree with u about the tailoring bit as I never tailored anything in my life... So I wont even start...
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mrkatsucurry

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Bought some golf pants online from golfsmith. Some pretty good deals there.

Auntie at the market happily altered everything I wanted.

I think her kid was helping her at the booth.
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:26 am

I've tailored quite a bit mainly for work clothes, shirts pants suits.. Having read the author's post, it's obvious this tailor has poor standards and service. I wouldn't visit such a tailor even though the price is cheap. Tailoring is a personal thing to me and expect the tailor to accede to my requests as the customer. If they refuse, they are just being plain lazy
Back to top Go down
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:59 am

Is that the shop with a golf bag place on the display? Normally there are two man, rotating, is that the one who is older and fatter?Sorry to hear that, a year ago i did my pants there, he was ok, maybe it just wrong timing, but even so he should not do being in the service
Back to top Go down
abeljeremy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:51 pm

I am a regular customer for the past 4 years.Service is never a problem.One sided story
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:18 pm

Abeljeremy, i'm glad that you have not encountered any problems. And I'm not surprised either. If I hadn't asked him to make further changes, he would never have shown his ugly side. You are lucky in that his type of design probably suits you and therefore you did not need to engage him in a similar conversation

Maybe his ego was hurt when I said that the pants looked sloppy, which was why he kept saying that he is the "Master" at this and asked me if I'm now the "Master".

Anyway, even if we assume that he had said those things bcos I was rude first (which I definitely wasn't), there is still no reason for a tailor to behave in this manner to a customer.

I'll probably be going down this Friday to collect my pants. Since you are a regular customer, maybe you can come along with me to diffuse the tension and ask him what made him go crazy that day.

Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:27 pm

i been there twice to make pants and dont think i will go there again. reason is the material is so thin that you feel like you are not wearing any pants. the sewing is not good so you worried that the pants will burst anytime. he loves to tailor his pants very tight which is not right for me. last thing is he is reluctant to make any changes.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:31 pm

poresia wrote:
i been there twice to make pants and dont think i will go there again. reason is the material is so thin that you feel like you are not wearing any pants. the sewing is not good so you worried that the pants will burst anytime. he loves to tailor his pants very tight which is not right for me. last thing is he is reluctant to make any changes.

Sounds like he still living in the 70s... haha... tight pants not exactly good for golf.. or for anything else...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 pm

"Sounds like he still living in the 70s... haha... tight pants not exactly good for golf.. or for anything else..."

Agree with you bro. The balls in the pants might accidentally form a protruding shape at the bottom. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:43 pm

TDO wrote:
"Sounds like he still living in the 70s... haha... tight pants not exactly good for golf.. or for anything else..."

Agree with you bro. The balls in the pants might accidentally form a protruding shape at the bottom. Laughing

and Im sure u have played some pocket billiards time and again... inconvenience to the game if its too tight..
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:52 pm

"and Im sure u have played some pocket billiards time and again... inconvenience to the game if its too tight.."

And can do that only if have loose pants. If not your fingers will be squeezing for space with the balls. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience   D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D Zendiq tailor at FESC - VERY BAD experience
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next