Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting back into Golf after many years

Go down 
+2
willytan
imrog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Getting back into Golf after many years Empty
PostSubject: Getting back into Golf after many years   Getting back into Golf after many years I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi all,
Just started playing again after many years of exile from golf. Used to play at NSRCC but membership has lapsed since, so wondering what's the most reasonable place to play at in Singapore. Have done some research and seems to be Marina Bay together with My Golf Kaki?

Have been reading up in this forum and everyone seems to be very nice.

Also realised the shaft on my putter has rusted after years of storage. Any recommended place to replace a Scotty Cameron shaft?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Golf after many years   Getting back into Golf after many years I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 6:17 am

Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Golf after many years   Getting back into Golf after many years I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 9:26 am

Thanks Willy Appreciate it. Beginning to get the golf itch again after playing a round in Batam. Went and bought a new pair of True phx shoes hahaha... oops I think one of the reasons I stopped last time was how much i was spending on golf... Razz
Back to top Go down
aze06
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Golf after many years   Getting back into Golf after many years I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 am

welcome back...

For changing of the Scotty shaft, you can try Raymond at TradeHub. He does all sorts of shaft replacements.

Cheapest way to play?? Golfkaki is quite a good way... OCC/MBGC also got discount.
Back to top Go down
callsign75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Golf after many years   Getting back into Golf after many years I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:28 pm

welcome backl
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Golf after many years   Getting back into Golf after many years I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Welcome back!

MGK main benefits (cost wise) are at both OCC and MBGC
Back to top Go down
matthew.wong.92123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
matthew.wong.92123

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Golf after many years   Getting back into Golf after many years I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Welcome imrog, I'm a member of MBK but haven't played in any rounds. Similar background like you being hiatus for some years. So probably can play a round or two sometime in the future.
Back to top Go down
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Golf after many years   Getting back into Golf after many years I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am now very sure the people on this forum are really friendly. I am in the process of obtaining the MGK membership. Look forward to playing with the bro's and sis' on the forum some time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Golf after many years   Getting back into Golf after many years I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting back into Golf after many years
Page 1 of 1