Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JB Membership

Go down 
+6
dtan
charlesho
eqtrend
enwee
Dan5
doink24
10 posters
AuthorMessage
doink24
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi all,

We (gf and I ) are currently looking at some memberships in JB (i.e. Palm resort / Tanjung Puteri) however, i understand that during weekends, we require 3 balls to play, are there any other courses in JB that allows 2 balls on weekend?
Back to top Go down
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dan5

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Legend and orchard allows 2 balls
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:26 pm

Puteri 2 balls also ok.
Back to top Go down
doink24
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:51 pm

I called puteri, they said new rules cannot have 2 balls on weekends already wor. =( .....
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:52 pm

doink24 wrote:
I called puteri, they said new rules cannot have 2 balls on weekends already wor. =( .....
Ah...oh because sometimes ago, the member I know told me can, so they change liao.
Back to top Go down
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Hmm, last week (Sat) C course I saw two ball teeing off. so unless they changed rule this week I do believe they allow two ball
Back to top Go down
doink24
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:57 pm

Ahhh i see, i called the Singapore office number and that was what was provided to us. But in any case is getting a membership there worthwhile? My gf n I only have time for games during weekends. I wanted to get NSRCC, but i heard also requires 3 balls on weekends?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
charlesho

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:00 pm

just to ask, you guys play every weekend? maybe u calculate how many games u play per year and compare them to the total membership cost to see if its worth it.

Also are you guys ok with playing the same place everyweek? If you guys like to try different course everytime, then I think its not worth it to buy la...

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:03 pm

doink24 wrote:
Ahhh i see, i called the Singapore office number and that was what was provided to us. But in any case is getting a membership there worthwhile? My gf n I only have time for games during weekends. I wanted to get NSRCC, but i heard also requires 3 balls on weekends?

Cheers!
Actually sg clubs are stricter on this policy
Back to top Go down
doink24
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Just an update, i called directly to Tanjung Puteri, they mentioned that the 3 ball on weekends are till March 2013 as there are Koreans playing there now. Hmmm, something to think about ... lol....

@ charlesho - We are now planning to play every weekend, where possible, but minimum twice per month.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:22 pm

doink24 wrote:
Just an update, i called directly to Tanjung Puteri, they mentioned that the 3 ball on weekends are till March 2013 as there are Koreans playing there now. Hmmm, something to think about ... lol....

@ charlesho - We are now planning to play every weekend, where possible, but minimum twice per month.

Cheers!
Twice a month??? pls lor....charles got a new nick last nite...angelcroccharles, how can he playing twice a month, more like twice a wk.
Back to top Go down
doink24
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:24 pm

ohh i see, but i was replying to him hahaha....but still weighing the pros and cons of buying a membership in JB though.
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
dtan

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Bro Legend do allow 2balls on the weekend bec me and my son play there almost
every weekend. Now there are Korean there but they are not allow to play on sat and only sunday afternoon. The club do value their members.
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:31 pm

doink24 wrote:
ohh i see, but i was replying to him hahaha....but still weighing the pros and cons of buying a membership in JB though.
Honestly, unless u stay in JB, or else I don't see the point of buying clubs in JB. Because sunday afternoon, the rate there is very low and the courses are quite empty, in fact not only JB, even sg course sunday pm also quite empty.
Back to top Go down
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
charlesho

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:33 pm

enwee wrote:
doink24 wrote:

Cheers!
Twice a month??? pls lor....charles got a new nick last nite...angelcroccharles, how can he playing twice a month, more like twice a wk.

twice a week? i think that is your good frens la... not me... u know who they are one la... the true croc waiting to skin me alive... pig pig pig
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:34 pm

charlesho wrote:
enwee wrote:
doink24 wrote:

Cheers!

twice a week? i think that is your good frens la... not me... u know who they are one la... the true croc waiting to skin me alive... pig pig pig
I heard you just join PGA liao. Play Golf Anyday. Very Happy

Topic OFF
Back to top Go down
doink24
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:55 pm

dtan wrote:
every weekend. Now there are Korean there but they are not allow to play on sat and only sunday afternoon. The club do value their members.

So once they are gone, the 2 balls will start or something? cheers!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:01 pm

doink24 wrote:
dtan wrote:

So once they are gone, the 2 balls will start or something? cheers!
No one playing of cos they allowed lah. They rather have 2 balls than no balls at all. But what I suggest is to go play those course 1st, see which one you really like.
Back to top Go down
doink24
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:08 pm

Yeah great. Thanks for the valuable inputs =)
Back to top Go down
eladnonnac
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 pm

I used to be a member at Pulai Springs. Although they had a 3 ball for weekend rule, they are quite quick to match us up in the morning. Maybe 30 min wait while we have breakfast at the cafe. In the worst case scenario, they let 2 of us go at the less popular Melana course or the last flight at the Pulai course. At times, when we're a bit more hardworking, we'd call a day earlier, and they would match us up the day before. It didn't take us long to meet other members and would have friends to play with us after a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:38 am

Am with KGSS aka Kelab Golf Sana Sini... Its Anywhere Golf Club. Very Happy I'd rather stay clubless as i played different course most of the time. Depending on the kaki's of the day. Some prefer Horizon, while some prefer IOI Palm ( home ground ), Palm Resort, Poresia , Legend , Austin,Ponderosa, Tanjung Putri, Daiman,Star Hill etc. That's why i call my membership as KGSS.. bounce
Back to top Go down
Derrickc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:53 pm

doink24 wrote:

Cheers!

Damn Koreans had been around since November for their winter holiday , they are practically at all GCs in Johor. I play Palm Resort and have to contend with their slow play since Nov...

S glad that they have gone back!
Back to top Go down
ginn
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Derrickc wrote:
doink24 wrote:

Cheers!

Damn Koreans had been around since November for their winter holiday , they are practically at all GCs in Johor. I play Palm Resort and have to contend with their slow play since Nov...

S glad that they have gone back!

not to mention their dangerous play.... not worth to spend my time to write it. Just becareful when they are behind you. Always look behind to see what they are doing especially if you are waiting to hit your 2nd shot and they are waiting at the tee box.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JB Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: JB Membership   JB Membership I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JB Membership
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Overseas Games-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.