Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf and Food in KL

Go down 
+3
Khorkar
Technospaz
duhIndustries
7 posters
AuthorMessage
duhIndustries
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf and Food in KL Empty
PostSubject: Golf and Food in KL   Golf and Food in KL I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for golf courses situated near the city in KL?

I will be going up for a sports conference, will have half a day for some golf. looking forward to recommendations for courses with reasonably-priced green fees.

also equally important: where in KL can i find the slurpy KL hokkien mee and other good local food? places near berjaya times square please, that's the conference venue. ramlee burger recommendations are very welcome.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Golf and Food in KL   Golf and Food in KL I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Berjaya Times Square is near Jalan Alor which has good food. See this map below:

Golf and Food in KL Jalanbukitbintang_map02

At night, it gets quite crowded. Lots of hawkers. Decent'ish food Smile
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Golf and Food in KL   Golf and Food in KL I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Try kinrara golf club. Pretty cheap and reasonable for rm 85 plus buggy. If you are member of private club, check and see if you have any visiting for Bukit Jalil GC.

Seri Selangor in Tropicana is also pretty decent but very busy.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Golf and Food in KL   Golf and Food in KL I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:24 pm

i try Kinrara 2 week back but buggy on track course!

For the 18 hole i change 5 buggy altogether due to buggy too old n battery flat easily.

overall the course is not too bad
Back to top Go down
nemo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
nemo

PostSubject: Re: Golf and Food in KL   Golf and Food in KL I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:44 pm

Bro DuhIndustries,

May I ask what Sports Conference is it and when is it.

I am in the sports field.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

PostSubject: Re: Golf and Food in KL   Golf and Food in KL I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:27 am

the easier to find good hokkien mee can be found at jalan imbi, further down from times square, corner coffeeshop at junction, u cant miss it. on the map TS posted, its before the junction between jln walter grenier and jln imbi.

cheers
Back to top Go down
westwoon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
westwoon

PostSubject: Re: Golf and Food in KL   Golf and Food in KL I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:12 am

Nearest Golf Course in town is Royal Selangor Golf and Country Club.

Notable golf courses : Saujana (palm Course), Kota Permai, KLGCC , Seri Selangor, Rahman Putra, KGNS.

Makan places worth a try.
Hokkien Mee:

- jalan Pudu beside Fei Por chicken. Charcoal fried hokkien mee. 45 mins wait time.
- jalan alor: shop name Wong Ah Wah BBQ chicken wings. The chicken wings is a must try and they make pretty ok hokkien mee. tel: 03 2144 2463 call them and get them to deliver to you in your room if you wish.

If you are in Jalan Alor, there is a die die must try Won ton mee. Check out the back of Jalan alor beside YY88 hotel. There is a won ton mee stall by the road. Starts selling at 11pm. Long waiting time expected.

Just in case if you like dessert, beside Caltex station in Jalan Pudu there is a stall selling desserts. Also comes along great small packet nasi lemak, traditional taste Fried Bee hoon. It's very packed and you will not miss it.

That should keep your stomach occupied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf and Food in KL   Golf and Food in KL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf and Food in KL
Page 1 of 1