Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program

Go down 
+6
hoelwill
S70B
Technospaz
sunny
civicsport08
Khorkar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program Empty
PostSubject: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:05 am

Mods,
Pls move the thread if on the wrong sections.

-------

Have just thought about this and not sure if it will have enough traction amongst the members. So, members needs to decide.

We, in our different ways, have different preference and purchase. After each new purchases, we tend to leave our pre-loved equipment in the store. We may not want to sell it but would love to try out other equipment. The idea to loan out our equipments and try others, before buying or trading them at mutual interest.

Of course, we need to work out some rules and ethics. What do to and not to do with other people's club. What can be loan out and not. There a some people other people out that has no regards or respect for others.

So what do you think? Workable or not? What are the rules and ethics? Duration of loan? Pickup? What do in event of disputes?

Any comments on this subject, pls post them.
Back to top Go down
civicsport08
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:32 am

Equipment are very personal and not to mention that some are expensive. I have personally had some bad experiences i e club broke, dent, etc when loaned out to a close friend, not deliberate but mere accident. Even with rules, it will be diffiuclt to 'resolve' should there be arugment or accusation. just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 12:40 pm

It is definitely something to consider about when the person want to loan the clubs. It shouldn't be something that is new. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Please keep it coming.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 1:02 pm

Honestly i wouldnt loan it. If i am still using, i bring to range and continue. Or keep it as a reserved club. If not, i rather sell it fast. Clubs tend to drop prices worse than the stock market reacting to madoff

Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:13 pm

I think it's a good idea, KK. However, I wouldn't agree to loaning out my clubs in such a way. If I have GR buddies who want to try my clubs, they can ask and if I'm not using the them, I'm happy to lend it out. But only to GRers who I know well and trust. I wouldn't have it out on loan to anyone.

Aside from that, there would be concerns with damage/loss of the item. What happens if the item is lost? What is the value of the compensation required? Who determines this?

If the item is damaged, can we be certain whether it was damaged before it was loaned out or only when it was loaned out?

I think it may result in disagreements which we cannot (and perhaps should not) control. Best is for loan arrangements to be personal as I had suggested right at the start.

My 2cents.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:27 pm

Spoken like a true practitioner of the law. Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program Icon_lol

Seriously, I don't think its a gd idea too. Its going to make more enemies than friends if anything unfortunate happens to the clubs.

Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
hoelwill

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:39 pm

After reading this thread, hmmm...i better treat Jimmychoo's Mp-600 with extreme care.
Suppose to bring to range to try out and make $ transfer later..Generous Jimmy he is..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:11 pm

S70B wrote:
Spoken like a true practitioner of the law. Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program Icon_lol

Seriously, I don't think its a gd idea too. Its going to make more enemies than friends if anything unfortunate happens to the clubs.

... and I didn't even issue a bill Wink

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:33 pm

hmmm yeah i agree loaning clubs out is way too complicated for it to be like a rental shop type and i feel it's more for amongst friends.. also the pre-loan and post-loan damage accounting is gonna be a little difficult to do. but it's a good concept though! i'd love to try out clubs extensively before spending my hard earned money on them. Smile
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:53 pm

Technospaz wrote:
S70B wrote:

pro-bono... thats the way to go man...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:00 pm

joleelyn wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
S70B wrote:

pro-bono... thats the way to go man...

Savor that spirit and never let it go.

If not, you'll wonder one day where the idealism went to and you'll be surprised how discretely (and swiftly) realism took over.

Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:11 pm

I'm trying to hold on tight to it man. but the moment I look at my texts and my notes... my brain is slowly pushing it out of my head.

hahaha.... i'm just babbling. think it was the hot sun. Damm long since I've been on the course. taking its toll on me.
Back to top Go down
PERRY
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Mods,
Pls move the thread if on the wrong sections.

-------

Have just thought about this and not sure if it will have enough traction amongst the members. So, members needs to decide.

We, in our different ways, have different preference and purchase. After each new purchases, we tend to leave our pre-loved equipment in the store. We may not want to sell it but would love to try out other equipment. The idea to loan out our equipments and try others, before buying or trading them at mutual interest.

Of course, we need to work out some rules and ethics. What do to and not to do with other people's club. What can be loan out and not. There a some people other people out that has no regards or respect for others.

So what do you think? Workable or not? What are the rules and ethics? Duration of loan? Pickup? What do in event of disputes?

Any comments on this subject, pls post them.

I think its a very good idea, especially for beginners. You mean this Forum going to administrate this "Loan" matter. Suggesting to have a section under "Loan of Equipment" , rules & ethics n resolve disputes can open for members to suggest then stream down to the most feasible terms. Thks.
Back to top Go down
Swerve
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:13 am

Much as I like the idea, I dont think that the potential grief that you can get from running this will far outweigh any gains.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program   Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Checking interest - Equipment Loan Program
Page 1 of 1