Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golfing in Dong Guan (China)

Go down 
+17
youming
jason.koh.54966
Khorkar
sp
rdchin71
mi5trooper
bian1980
botak
weaponx
Technospaz
vingay32
asahi
sob
mengteck71
alvin7379
Derek
ttkm
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ttkm
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golfing in Dong Guan (China) Empty
PostSubject: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi

My friends and I are going to DongGuan next week. We will be staying in Changping Town.

1) Does anyone know which golf course we should play in ? We are currently looking at Mission Hill - Dongguan and DongGuan Hill view club.

2) What is an estimate of a round of golf ?

3) Any agent tel. no provided would be great.

Thanks
ttkm
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Mission Hills is pricey and to me - over rated. However, if you have never played before, must play at least once lah, to tick the box, you might like it more than i did

Other interesting courses are:

Firestone (Guang Ming)
Nine Dragons (Jiu Long Shan) - great scenery but really tough course

Games cost between 700 - 1200 on weekdays and up to 2000 on weekends

However, if you are willing to travel a bit, there are other course which are nice and much cheaper, just takes longer to drive there

If you do not have an agent to take care of transport and golf games I can PM you the guy I use, trustworthy fellow

Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Go Dong Guan and CP.. for golf!?!?!? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:30 pm

You can contact Snow Zhang. She is a tour organizer including golf.

Snow email: coolrxz@yahoo.com.cn Hp: +86 135 6087 0912

I have attached some pictures and videos that my friends had snapped to share.

Her Pic:
Golfing in Dong Guan (China) Dsc00340fg

[b]Snow is quite a good golfer too and played Blue Tee with us. Her swing:

Some of the courses we played:

Golfing in Dong Guan (China) Sl372668

Golfing in Dong Guan (China) Sl372679

Golfing in Dong Guan (China) Sl372719

Golfing in Dong Guan (China) Sl372720

Golfing in Dong Guan (China) Sl372727

Golfing in Dong Guan (China) Sl372735

Golfing in Dong Guan (China) Dsc00323r
Back to top Go down
ttkm
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks guys for the help.

Wink
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:56 pm

alvin7379 wrote:

Morning play golf , afternoon massage then flower street mah!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:04 pm

alvin7379 wrote:

Eh, you think people like you meh?

Come on lah, focus! 18 holes golf then 19th one! Razz
Back to top Go down
vingay32
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
vingay32

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:04 am

Have to agree with meng teck. She played good golf, also managed to bring us to beautiful golf courses and good food ...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:29 am

Wah... she played off blue?

Calling BVA.
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:45 am

the nearest golf course to CP is Citic, which is about 15-20 mins away. the other courses you are looking at are at least an hour or so away. Like bro Derek said MH is expensive and prob overpriced, but its a "been there, done that" course....

JiuLong Hills is much closer to Shenzhen than it is to Dongguan, much less CP...

FengHuangShan (the course in bro mengteck's pics) is i think over an hour from CP... but a nice course to play, and something different to what we normally see over here

You can also consider Wind Valley. Never played Firestone or Hillview, so can't comment on those.

So be prepared to pay $$ for transportation in addition to the green fees
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:36 am

alvin7379 wrote:

+1 What a Face
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:40 am

I miss this place.

nice place to golf.
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 2:42 pm

she is very pretty
Back to top Go down
rdchin71
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 pm

I would recommend Firestone or CTS Tycoon Golf Club. Unless I run out of courses to play, I will give Jiulongshan a miss. CTS Tycoon Golf Club is highly recommended!
Back to top Go down
sp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Fenghuanshan quite nice but tough and narrow, last time played RMB660 weekday and weekend RMB990 if not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:11 pm

botak wrote:
alvin7379 wrote:

+1 What a Face

+2 Smile
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:49 am

wa... golfing at china are not cheap hor.
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:30 am

Worse case, most of the 5 star hotels at CP have a pro-shop at the lobby and usually they can assist to arrange for golf game, can check it out and compare prices....but those stuffs sold at pro-shop must eyes open big big to see! Laughing was quoted a winwin cart bag only SGP100...... affraid ....for good massage,hot pool, after game, can check out 银色度假...
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:01 am

was play at Dong Guang 金多港course last week. overall the course is ok, but all green are not good condition. Booked CITIC but last min cancel since hotel too far away from there. The price for Sunday morning flight is RBM750.00 per person and you have to pay RMB200.00 for buggy. Most caddy are from northern part. non of them understand english. My Indonisien guset couldn't communicate with them. at the end of the game, they asking every one pay RMB400 for tips.

Overall for me, it is not worht, but it is my personal view.
Back to top Go down
nemesis_v
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Feng Huang San is a very course. Should try to play there once if you are going there.
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Try www.1872.net. Membership is free if you have a china mobile number.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:01 pm

For purely golfing, Dong Guan is definitely not worth it. Kunming is probably a much better place. I would also rate Hainan more highly.

Also, golf in China as an experience is expensive and if you do not speak Chinese, there are probably better options which provide better value.

However, those of us who like to golf in China are well aware of why we like to golf there.

To each his own, but the annual trip that my friends as I do to Dong Guan is one the things that I look forward to the most. It is a bit pricey, but the camaraderie is great and the memories over the years ... priceless
Back to top Go down
krone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:18 pm

just got back from DG recently... went to play at Nansha Golf Course and Firestone Golf Course. Both courses are less than 700rmb on weekdays. Currently Firestone is under maintenance and it was very dissapointing as we had to play 9 holes on a temporary green. Nansha on the other hand was an amazing course. The Hill course is very scenic and is a good challenge. Will try the Valley course next time round.
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:18 am

krone wrote:
just got back from DG recently... went to play at Nansha Golf Course and Firestone Golf Course. Both courses are less than 700rmb on weekdays. Currently Firestone is under maintenance and it was very dissapointing as we had to play 9 holes on a temporary green. Nansha on the other hand was an amazing course. The Hill course is very scenic and is a good challenge. Will try the Valley course next time round.

Bro, u booked thru agents or from the pro shop in the hotel?
Back to top Go down
krone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:25 pm

jason.koh.54966 wrote:
Bro, u booked thru agents or from the pro shop in the hotel?

booked thru a driver that my friend has been using for years. service is quite good.. he handles everything... we dont have to do anything at all.. he drive us there and register for us and after we are done he will settle for us first and then drive us back. The best thing is he gives very honest opinion on which courses are better to play and which are more worthwhile to play... doesnt bring u to expensive ones just to earn more... u can pm me for his contact if u want..

my personal recommendation is Nansha, very nice course, very well maintained and the weather now is best to play... their green is using bent grass so it suits slightly colder weather.... not recommended during summer or warm weather though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Dong Guan (China)   Golfing in Dong Guan (China) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golfing in Dong Guan (China)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next