Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour

Go down 
+6
hkhamateur
TDO
mattpro0796
3131T
pushslice
IGT
10 posters
AuthorMessage
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour Empty
PostSubject: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:58 pm

They went through Korean style SHIT since 6yrs old
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:08 pm

pushslice wrote:

He he he! But why not korean men?
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:50 pm

cos of gangnam style... lol!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:51 pm

IGT wrote:
pushslice wrote:

I suspect bcoz power/distance isn't as big a factor for LPGA as for their PGA counterparts. Accuracy, putting and short game good already for the white/red tees. The only player who dominated with distance was yani, and now she's off form.

But the young Koreans are plenty long and already competing at the highest level. More than young Japanese and Indian. Latest Q school medallist is Korean. Then there are noh seung yul, kt Kim etc.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 9:11 pm

pushslice wrote:
IGT wrote:
pushslice wrote:

I suspect bcoz power/distance isn't as big a factor for LPGA as for their PGA counterparts. Accuracy, putting and short game good already for the white/red tees. The only player who dominated with distance was yani, and now she's off form.

But the young Koreans are plenty long and already competing at the highest level. More than young Japanese and Indian. Latest Q school medallist is Korean. Then there are noh seung yul, kt Kim etc.

Sorry bro, i tot LPGA play in between white/blue depending on the total course distance?
Back to top Go down
mattpro0796
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
mattpro0796

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Try this:

Dedication
Talented
Structured training programmes
Good diets
Physically fit

And Koreans are known to practice until their hands bleed!!

I taught at a golf school in China. 70% were Korean. All of which have now turned pro.

Back to top Go down
http://academyofgolf.com.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:00 pm

3131T wrote:
pushslice wrote:
IGT wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Sorry bro, i tot LPGA play in between white/blue depending on the total course distance?

At HSBC champions at tmcc as example when i was marshall. Primarily white, some red. Very few blue
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:04 pm

pushslice wrote:
At HSBC champions at tmcc as example when i was marshall. Primarily white, some red. Very few blue

Oh... understand, thx...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:20 am

I wonder if it will make a mockery of the LPGA if the Korean contigent exceeds 50% of LPGA. scratch If that happens, it may have to be renamed KLPGA and Korea to become the mahor sponsor. Laughing
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:38 am

In oct, was followg e all korean pro championship (ADT CAT. KLPGA CHAMPIONSHIP) n those new Ladies pro re playg very well n makg cuts liao! Very Happy
Their drives, approach n short putt was very accurate. cyclops
Am nt surprised tat those top finishers ll make it big at LPGA Tour next year onwards. Wink
Back to top Go down
Happy Feet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 am

Quote :
TDO wrote:
I wonder if it will make a mockery of the LPGA if the Korean contigent exceeds 50% of LPGA. scratch If that happens, it may have to be renamed KLPGA and Korea to become the mahor sponsor. Laughing

NO WAY.......at this moment, majority of the sponsorship still lies in US.

More importantly there is always things LPGA USA can do to curb this fm happening. I dreamt that they are :

1. One member of the any natioinality needs to appear in FHM or Playboy magazine

2. The brand of equipment used or endorsed need to rhyme with either LEMONADE or Syphilis
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:14 am

Happy Feet wrote:
Quote :
TDO wrote:

NO WAY.......at this moment, majority of the sponsorship still lies in US.

More importantly there is always things LPGA USA can do to curb this fm happening. I dreamt that they are :

1. One member of the any natioinality needs to appear in FHM or Playboy magazine

2. The brand of equipment used or endorsed need to rhyme with either LEMONADE or Syphilis

Haha! I like your proposal. lol!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 pm

the Thais are going to be a force......

there are 2 sisters - one just 18 and finished tied 1st on the LPGA Q-school.

LPGA Q-school final results

the younger one who has just turned 17 could not go to the LPGA because of her age so she did the next best thing and went to the LET Q-school instead...naturally she finished the top of her class and won easily by 5 strokes.

LET Q school final results

these are also 2 thais who can speak Cantonese cos her dad is one.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
rabbit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
rabbit

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Happy feet, good one! Haha...
Back to top Go down
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 7:31 am

The Korean's are doing great on the LPGA, but they are not dominating.

21 Korean's made the top 80 on the 2012 money list. (25 American's)

They both won 8 tournaments apeice.

A great showing yes, dominating, No.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour   Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Korean golfers are dominating LPGA Tour
Page 1 of 1