Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsunami33
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Tsunami33

NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji Empty
PostSubject: NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji   NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Just wanted to tap on the wider wisdom - how could / would you rate the 2 courses between Changi and Kranji?

Changi has 3 9 holes (excluding the Par 3), and Kranji a full 18 holes.

Excluding distance, what are the different attributes for the 2. And will probably be a weekday that I'm out there, so not too worried about the normal weekend crowd.

Thanks in advance.

Was also going to give the Par 3 a try. God knows I could use a bit more ruddy focus on the short game!
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji   NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Changi has more twists and turns, takes more course management to play well.Water hazards come into play more, strong winds on certain holes nearer to the sea.
More par threes with elevated/lower tee boxes.
Will test your skills when playing from blue tees

Kranji is pretty flat, tighter fairways but if you can hit straight (no slices and hooks) should be alright.Pins placement on greens can be tight.
Less traffic there this days, so easy to get slots.
Long hitters have advantage in Kranji, if you ask me.

Just my two cents worth
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji   NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:11 pm

All I can share is Slinger aka lumber one will play 77 at Changi n 72 at Kranji...
Back to top Go down
Tsunami33
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Tsunami33

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji   NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 5:33 pm

sob wrote:
Changi has more twists and turns, takes more course management to play well.Water hazards come into play more, strong winds on certain holes nearer to the sea.
More par threes with elevated/lower tee boxes.
Will test your skills when playing from blue tees

Kranji is pretty flat, tighter fairways but if you can hit straight (no slices and hooks) should be alright.Pins placement on greens can be tight.
Less traffic there this days, so easy to get slots.
Long hitters have advantage in Kranji, if you ask me.

Just my two cents worth

What about course conditions? And with the rain and all, any noticable impacts?
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji   NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Drainage is pretty good on both courses, but like all golf courses you get some places with soft spots after rain.
Would say that Changi would play firmer compare to Kranji but that's my personal feel.

Greens are mostly on high grounds or sloped for drainage.
Green speed varies, 8-10 depending on conditions

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Tsunami33
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Tsunami33

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji   NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Good enough intel. Will try to set something up next Wednesday for Kranji.

And will try Changi at some point. Might even be able to convince the Ms to walk the par 3 with me first.

BTW, that's a darn hot avatar.
Back to top Go down
Happy Feet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji   NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Kranji is further fm my place than changi
But I like kranji coz I prefer the surrounding..... More greenery

Pace there is also decent

I think it's a bit more frenly than changi
Back to top Go down
Tsunami33
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Tsunami33

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji   NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:09 am

Tried Kranji today and must say that it's a great environment. Nothing fancy in terms of facilities but it's more than enough to challenge course management, distance and the greens are consistent. View is fantastic too. I'd go back as often as I can. And would be keen to see how Changi compares.

The only gripe I have is with us as players not getting to every divot repair and ball marks on the green. For an 8am flight, there were too many un-attended ball marks on the green. Hope that can be improved further.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji   NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSRCC Changi vs. Kranji
Page 1 of 1