Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Primary 1 exam too tough

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Primary 1 exam too tough Empty
PostSubject: Primary 1 exam too tough   Primary 1 exam too tough I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:02 pm

Walau......seems like a trend now....today 1st day of exam and already kena this kind of complain

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20091027-176286.html

Recommendation:

#1 Just abolish all exams...give everyone free ride to Uni...then one mega exam

#2 Complain like shit (as per link) and ask for sympathy points....then cannot get, migrate lor

#3 As for 10 years series for P1 exam and then ask kid to memorize

GEEEZZZZZZ !!!!! I am really baffled liao.....my kid just finish 1st paper for P2....maybe I should also write in and complain why english must memorize spelling....use computer and spell check cannot meh!!!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 exam too tough   Primary 1 exam too tough I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Every exam is too tough. No exam is too easy.

Get on with it.
Back to top Go down
Lerevenant
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Lerevenant

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 exam too tough   Primary 1 exam too tough I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:00 pm

I think having exams is still good. An opportunity to test the minds of the young ones. But the problem lies in the over emphasis of examination results. Student are type-casted and streamed at too early an age.
Back to top Go down
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TObe

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 exam too tough   Primary 1 exam too tough I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Wow, sounds tough...

But yet I think English composition is really gd for the creativity, language and communication skills of kids. Perhaps at Pri 1, the compositions seem nearly impossible or outrageous but I guess if a school is able to give adequate training/lessons (e.g. writing descriptions of pictures) to the kids, they should be able to handle it. In fact, this helps balance that "memorization" aspect of Sg's education system and would help alot in the development of the child. If one thinks about it, if a kid/person has strong language skills, the pace of understanding/learning either via a teacher's lesson or self-study from books in any other topic (taught in English) can be much greater.

Perhaps the composition part early on in Pri school can account for just a small percentage of the final marks (e.g. 5%) to 'reveal' the kids with a flair or writing potential?

I definitely don't agree with overloading kids in the their education. However, I believe some programs can actually assist in nuturing them in their skills so long as the kids are not pressured into working like mad on this. Maybe an alternative could be to have a bonus "5~10%" in marks but still have the paper be upon 100. So you can choose to capture this portion of marks or not (i.e. work harder); but yet allow still those who don't do the composition part the chance to score 100%.

Just my 2cts... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 exam too tough   Primary 1 exam too tough I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Primary 1 exam too tough
Page 1 of 1