Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GOLF RULES

Go down 
+8
jeffman88
entity
shorthitter
Zig Zag
Slicer51
eqtrend
kef529
jacktan1960
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jacktan1960
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi All,

Was playing last week with new kaki. In par 3, tee show dive into water hazard. There is no drop zone so re-tee from t box. Other players said cannot tee up. Some say can because from t box. which is which.?
Back to top Go down
kef529
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kef529

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Can play from tee box again. Counted as 3rd stroke cause got 1 stroke penalty. Please see this video for illustration. Dated Jan 2009 but don't think the rules have changed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yo0Iq1JvXA
Back to top Go down
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi Jack

In this situation you have option to re tee or Drop a ball behind the water hazard, keeping the point at which the original ball last crossed the margin of the water hazard directly between the hole and the spot on which the ball is dropped, with no limit to how far behind the water hazard the ball may be dropped.

However as weekend golfer, I usually drop ball behind water hazard especially if there are other flight/s waiting to tee off.

hope this helps
eqtrend
Back to top Go down
jacktan1960
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 2:08 pm

eqtrend wrote:
Hi Jack

In this situation you have option to re tee or Drop a ball behind the water hazard, keeping the point at which the original ball last crossed the margin of the water hazard directly between the hole and the spot on which the ball is dropped, with no limit to how far behind the water hazard the ball may be dropped.

However as weekend golfer, I usually drop ball behind water hazard especially if there are other flight/s waiting to tee off.

hope this helps
eqtrend

Hi, thank for the advice. Too bad, the water hazard is right up the edge of the t box and all around is slope and long grass.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 2:41 pm

jacktan1960 wrote:
Hi All,

Was playing last week with new kaki. In par 3, tee show dive into water hazard. There is no drop zone so re-tee from t box. Other players said cannot tee up. Some say can because from t box. which is which.?

Jack,

I have not check my rule book or watch video posted. If I am at that situation. I would say " cannot tee up as the ball is already in play ". Does it matter whether it is on the tee box or not?

It is just like swing the tee up ball, the ball moved but still remind in tee box but was off the tee. It consider 1 stroke and go for 2 stroke and play the ball as it lie. If lift the ball in play to tee up again, will be penalty for moving the ball in play. Doesn't this sound logic?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 2:52 pm

After watching the video, I guess I am incorrect but just do not sound logic that it can be re-tee again when suppose to drop, just because it is on the tee box scratch

I understand under water hazard, one also allow to play from the original position after taken a penalty.
Back to top Go down
kef529
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kef529

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:48 pm

IMO, playing from the original position is a penalty of stroke and distance which is supposedly more disadvantageous to the player compared to taking a 1 stroke penalty and dropping at the point the ball last crossed the water hazard... Therefore it is almost always and option to play from original position... Sounds logical?

As for re-teeing the ball, searched online and someone said that that whenever the "original position" is on the tee, we can re-tee the ball. Sounds logical as well?
Back to top Go down
Zig Zag
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 5:42 pm

I have another question.

If lets say at mbgc, one of the spotlight post is directly obstructing my line to the pin, can I take free relief? Because I see on the PGA tour they can get free relief if spectator stand or camera tower is obstructing their line to the pin.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 6:18 pm

@slicer has nothing to do with dropping, in a hazard (yellow) u have 3 options, in a hazard (red) you have 5 options but both include replaying original shot.

If orginal shot off a tee you can replay off a tee.... Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 6:46 pm

@Zig Zag: Play the ball as it lies. The metal floodlight post is an immovable obstruction and forms part of the course. On TOUR, the camera towers and spectator stands should be movable obstructions hence are deemed temporary and not part of the course, so players get relief.

I mentioned before in an older post - if you have no line to the green, sometimes your best option is to bulldoze through and aim for the metal post instead. You might get a lucky bounce. Razz
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:33 pm

jacktan1960 wrote:
Hi All,

Although not recognised in the rules of golf, and since ur game is a frenly social one, a mulligan is sometimes agreed as an option between players, whereby an unsatisfactory first tee-shot can be replayed Smile
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:42 pm

shorthitter wrote:
@slicer has nothing to do with dropping, in a hazard (yellow) u have 3 options, in a hazard (red) you have 5 options but both include replaying original shot.

Thanks pro for the explaination.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:48 pm

jeffman88 wrote:
jacktan1960 wrote:
Hi All,

Although not recognised in the rules of golf, and since ur game is a frenly social one, a mulligan is sometimes agreed as an option between players, whereby an unsatisfactory first tee-shot can be replayed Smile

That is nice, really friendly game but my golf kaki always said "mulligan" ? Go to the driving range man ! What type of shit golf kaki I have scratch hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Noodleball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:17 pm

I hope this help:

http://lindamillergolf.blogspot.sg/2010/10/ask-linda-251-re-tee-option-ball-in.html?m=1
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:24 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
jeffman88 wrote:
jacktan1960 wrote:
Hi All,

That is nice, really friendly game but my golf kaki always said "mulligan" ? Go to the driving range man ! What type of shit golf kaki I have scratch hahahahaha

shi xiong,

go geylang can ask for "mulligan" anot???!!!

i learn this from an esteem GR member.....
Back to top Go down
Noodleball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:25 pm

Further explanation under rule 20-5
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:58 pm

slinger wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
jeffman88 wrote:
jacktan1960 wrote:
Hi All,

shi xiong,

Shi xiong,

In my dictionary, only pay $ then got "mulligan" .. Geylang also same same lah .. lol!
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 am

Noodleball wrote:
Further explanation under rule 20-5

Thanks for pointing to the right direction. I got back and look into the rules of golf book.

For the benefit of other. Here what was mention in rule 20-5 (Making next stroke from where previous stroke made.

a) On the teeing ground : The ball to be played must be played from within the teeing ground. It may be played from anywhere within the teeing ground and MAY BE RETEE.

b) Through the green : The ball to be played must be dropped and when dropped must first strike a part of the course through the green.

c) In a Hazard : The ball to be played must be dropped and when dropped must first strike a part of the course in the hazard.

d) On the putting green : The ball to be played must be placed on the putting green.

Penalty for breach of rule 20-5 ( Loss of hole in match play, Stroke play - 2 strokes )
Back to top Go down
jacktan1960
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 1:11 am

Slicer51 wrote:
jacktan1960 wrote:
Hi All,

Jack,

I have not check my rule book or watch video posted. If I am at that situation. I would say " cannot tee up as the ball is already in play ". Does it matter whether it is on the tee box or not?

It is just like swing the tee up ball, the ball moved but still remind in tee box but was off the tee. It consider 1 stroke and go for 2 stroke and play the ball as it lie. If lift the ball in play to tee up again, will be penalty for moving the ball in play. Doesn't this sound logic?

Hi slicer
Sound logical. If it is par 5 and water hazard right in front of t box. Yellow stick pull back but Max can go is on the t box. Par 5 have to hit with driver. If don't tee up how to use driver?
Back to top Go down
jacktan1960
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 1:27 am

shorthitter wrote:

thank bro. my undertsanding is when you re tee a ball you can tee up. If you drop a ball in t box you cannot tee up.
Back to top Go down
jacktan1960
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 1:31 am

Slicer51 wrote:
slinger wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
jeffman88 wrote:
jacktan1960 wrote:
Hi All,

shi xiong,

Shi xiong,

In my dictionary, only pay $ then got "mulligan" .. Geylang also same same lah .. lol!

hi....
in geylang if you miss the hole you can muligan but in golf if you miss the hole, continue putting. every stroke count.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 7:33 am

Jacktan,

What are the chances of missing the hole when one patronizes geylang?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 am

jacktan1960 wrote:

Hi slicer
Sound logical. If it is par 5 and water hazard right in front of t box. Yellow stick pull back but Max can go is on the t box. Par 5 have to hit with driver. If don't tee up how to use driver?

Hi Jack,

Seriously, let put the rule of golf aside for a moment. Par 5 do not really need driver and driver still can be hit without teeing up the ball. I do not have that skill to do that yet but saw many times, my golf Kaki use his driver on a fairway and still hit it solid.

Let us drive to do that today together. Do join me in driving range when I am in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:34 am

Slicer51 wrote:
jacktan1960 wrote:

Hi slicer

Hi Jack,

Seriously, let put the rule of golf aside for a moment. Par 5 do not really need driver and driver still can be hit without teeing up the ball. I do not have that skill to do that yet but saw many times, my golf Kaki use his driver on a fairway and still hit it solid.

Let us drive to do that today together. Do join me in driving range when I am in Singapore.

Pak Slicer, you in town ah?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:05 am

blee wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
jacktan1960 wrote:

Hi slicer

Hi Jack,

Pak Slicer, you in town ah?

No Sir, not until next month ... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GOLF RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLF RULES   GOLF RULES I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOLF RULES
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next