Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges

Go down 
+5
pushslice
nientsu
chien
Duval_S
Technospaz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges Empty
PostSubject: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:45 am

I've heard that many golfers prefer DG Spinner shafts for wedges. Can someone enlighten me as to why these shafts perform better than other shafts? I've typically kept my wedges with their stock shafts but was curious to know what the benefits were with DG Spinner shafts.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:48 am

" camping here...."
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:56 am

Technospaz wrote:
I've heard that many golfers prefer DG Spinner shafts for wedges. Can someone enlighten me as to why these shafts perform better than other shafts? I've typically kept my wedges with their stock shafts but was curious to know what the benefits were with DG Spinner shafts.

Hi mate..

Didn't know about it previously till a buddy introduced.. After that I do see some difference (even i'm still a crap golfer)

Layman term, typically a shaft which increases the ball spin, especially on approach and chip ons to the green.. 100% different from a stock shaft..

Rave reviews:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/707092-dg-spinner-shaft-review/

Sorry just to add, the profile is slightly different from Tour Concept wedge shaft, have that too but still prefer the higher launch angle of DG Spinner...

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=38

I have both fixed on my wedge, can try if we have chance to play a game together..

cheers
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:03 am

this is my observation

It will generate more spin, but trajectory is lower than norm wedge shafts. Its heavier as well
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:17 am

Thanks chaps.

I'll give it a shot. Got my 58 on a DG Spinner.

Nientsu, did you know that the wedge had metal tape inside the grip? Perhaps that's why it was heavier?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:19 am

really?

My other wedges are on spinners as well. And those, i feel, are heavier than usual too
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:21 am

nientsu wrote:
really?

My other wedges are on spinners as well. And those, i feel, are heavier than usual too

Maybe they all have metal tape? Smile
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:57 am

but i feel like the head is lighter with DG Spinner

especially on bunker shot, I prefer a heavy head to help go through the sand...my mpt11 felt light.
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:01 am

I experience the same problem. I have similar wedge head and shaft. The problem is also that due to the 'neck' you cannot load more head onto the shaft tip.

I ended up with 2 layers of lead tapes across the backs of my T11s.

Shanks!

btw, I have still a couple of those shafts (new) if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:07 am

Hi Technospaz,

Like you I read many good review for "DG Spinner" so finally decide to try it for my self. After using it for 2month, this is my take..

Feel: Compare to my old wedge (stock shaft DG) shaft, you def feel more loading on full shot. Not sure if this is helping me to spin ball more... but i do like this sensation.

Spin: So far I can not tell if this shaft is generating more spin or not as I have not noticed much improvement on my full wedge shot. (probably more to do with me being lousy player)

Trajectory: I do believe flight of full wedge shot is slightly lower compare to my old.

Overall: Not sure if this shafts are improving my short game... but as i stated earlier i like how shaft are loading ...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:54 am

eqtrend wrote:
Hi Technospaz,

Like you I read many good review for "DG Spinner" so finally decide to try it for my self. After using it for 2month, this is my take..

Feel: Compare to my old wedge (stock shaft DG) shaft, you def feel more loading on full shot. Not sure if this is helping me to spin ball more... but i do like this sensation.

Spin: So far I can not tell if this shaft is generating more spin or not as I have not noticed much improvement on my full wedge shot. (probably more to do with me being lousy player)

Trajectory: I do believe flight of full wedge shot is slightly lower compare to my old.

Overall: Not sure if this shafts are improving my short game... but as i stated earlier i like how shaft are loading ...

Thanks!! Smile Very useful.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:48 pm

If you want to make your own spinner shaft customized to your specs ... use the 8 iron shaft with flex 2x stronger! e.g. if 5.5, then 6.5

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/472912-project-x-shafts-for-wedges/#entry3215501

I havent tried this myself, but am seriously considering giving it a shot
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Shanks! wrote:
I experience the same problem. I have similar wedge head and shaft. The problem is also that due to the 'neck' you cannot load more head onto the shaft tip.

I ended up with 2 layers of lead tapes across the backs of my T11s.

Shanks!

btw, I have still a couple of those shafts (new) if anyone is interested.

Bro, U got PM! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges   DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DG Spinner Shafts for Wedges
Page 1 of 1