Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TIGER TRACKER

Go down 
+8
jeffman88
hkhamateur
enwee
3131T
Technospaz
flamer0454
botak
IGT
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:39 pm

The emergence of RM and the comeback of TW.....I think we are in the beginning of one of the best eras in the history of the PGA Tour.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Spotlight on Woods, McIlroy pairing at Tour Championship.

[color:dbc3=#FFF]

Your Time
06:42 PM

TOUR Champ
6:42 AM

First-round times. All times are local.

East Lake GC Tee #1
Time Players
11:35 am Senden, John Piercy, Scott
11:45 am Fowler, Rickie Moore, Ryan
11:55 am Simpson, Webb Huh, John
12:05 pm Mahan, Hunter Rose, Justin
12:15 pm Scott, Adam Els, Ernie
12:25 pm Van Pelt, Bo Garrigus, Robert
12:35 pm Pettersson, Carl Furyk, Jim
12:45 pm Donald, Luke Kuchar, Matt
12:55 pm Stricker, Steve Bradley, Keegan
1:05 pm Watson, Bubba Garcia, Sergio
1:15 pm Johnson, Zach Dufner, Jason
1:25 pm Johnson, Dustin Westwood, Lee
1:35 pm Snedeker, Brandt Oosthuizen, Louis
1:45 pm Watney, Nick Mickelson, Phil
1:55 pm McIlroy, Rory Woods, Tiger
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:05 pm

YES! Let the sticks do the talking....

..............................................................................................................

News & Opinion
Woods shows he's not intimidated by McIlroy
By Damon Hack
Sep 20, 2012 7:18 PM ET

ATLANTA – When it comes to responding to insults, Tiger Woods is on a level with Tony Soprano and Miss Piggy.

Like his pal Michael Jordan, who spent his career checking into hotels under the name of the kid who beat him out of a spot in high school basketball, Woods can turn a put-down into a stretch of superior play.

When Phil Mickelson once suggested that Woods was using inferior equipment, Woods came back from knee surgery for a four-shot victory at the 2003 Buick Invitational.

When Stephen Ames disparaged Tiger’s driving accuracy before the 2006 WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship, Woods was ruthless in his retort, thumping Ames, 9-8, with cold-hearted glee.

Two days after Greg Norman suggested that Woods was “really intimidated” by Rory McIlroy, Woods went out in the first round of the Tour Championship and beat his supposed intimidator by three shots. Tiger’s round of 66 was good enough to be tied for the first-round lead with Justin Rose in the FedEx Cup finale.

No word on whether Woods warmed up with a bucket of balls with Norman’s picture on them.

Norman’s comment was the background noise of Woods and McIlroy’s latest round of golf together. (Woods is 6-2 against McIlroy when paired together).

While Tiger made his way up the second fairway, one member of the gallery shouted “Ray Lewis!” referring to the Baltimore Ravens middle linebacker.

Woods cited Lewis in his Wednesday news conference as the reason intimidation is fiction in the game of golf. There is no crying in baseball. There is no de-cleating your playing partner in golf.

Woods was not amused by Norman’s comments Wednesday, but he had fun with McIlroy on Thursday. The two walked side by side for much of the round, talking about the fast speed of play with only 30 players in the field, enjoying the kind of rapport rarely seen between Woods and other would-be rivals.

As Rory has ascended to No. 1 in the world and claimed victory in three of his last four starts, his relationship with Tiger has been analyzed from every angle.

Why is Tiger close with Rory and distant with Vijay Singh and Phil Mickelson? How can Tiger, taught to beat everything on the golf course, share laughs with Rory on the fairway?

“He’s a great kid,” Woods said. “Over the years, certain pairings I’ve enjoyed. Rory is one of them.”

Woods went on, speaking like the veteran of golf (and life) that he is, and not the single-minded destroyer he has long been viewed to be.

“You probably don’t believe this, but I get along really well with a lot of guys out here,” Woods said. “Rory is no different. This is a fraternity out here. That’s one of the great things about being out here for 17 years. You get to know the guys quite well.”

Woods, at 36, may be learning to enjoy his walks more, even as he seeks to stack trophies on his mantel and prove the doubters wrong, be they Norman or anyone else.

Woods may not be closing out tournaments as he once did, but he’s still getting after it, still grinding hard against Rory and the rest.

And as he showed on Thursday, amid sharp barbs from the Shark, few can parry a blow better.

Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Tiger has been doing well on weekdays, not so much on weekends. I hope he gets this one
Back to top Go down
flamer0454
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
flamer0454

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks for the read! My guts going for Tiger.. He doesn't need the cash.. He only wants the silverware.. That sets the difference in winning..
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Yes, from the previous few tourneys, he collapsed over the weekend. A win here would be a statement saying that.....form is temporary, class is permanent. Very Happy

All I care and probably Tiger too is to break Jack's major record. Clock is ticking, and Rory now gets in the way......
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Agree. While this will be good pocket money to him, his legacy will be measured against the number of majors won and whether he breaks Jack's record.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:05 pm

botak wrote:
Agree. While this will be good pocket money to him, his legacy will be measured against the number of majors won and whether he breaks Jack's record.

+1
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Technospaz wrote:
botak wrote:

+1

I hope he will, and I think he can. Do u?

N my message to Tiger is...." Tick Tok Tick Tok...." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:16 pm

i hope he gets the 18th before he's 40 years old.

he'll do it... then our kids will go "Jack, who??" cheers
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:22 pm

botak wrote:

Im on tiger too... so meaning Sam Snead record is not much of a concern, its just the majors....
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:02 pm

TIGER TIGER....
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Technospaz wrote:
botak wrote:

+1
+2
When TW was young, he uses classic watches bt now, he s in his wrist a sport watches! Wink
Come on Tiger! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:14 pm

There are many PGA tourneys in a season; but only 4 Majors....that is the significance.

TIGER TRACKER AaW3Q8kJ98DsAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:16 pm

enwee wrote:
TIGER TIGER....

BURNING BRIGHT!.....
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:18 pm

If he ever fails to bag any major next yr, he probably should go back to what he had been doing before 2009......"EVIL FxxxxR" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:22 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
botak wrote:

+1
+2
When TW was young, he uses classic watches bt now, he s in his wrist a sport watches! Wink

Was that Casio or Seiko? Remember?
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:31 pm

botak wrote:
i hope he gets the 18th before he's 40 years old.

he'll do it... then our kids will go "Jack, who??" cheers

I think our kids only appreciate what they witness by then. Just like many of us who didn't get to witness Ben Hogan/Jack, we can't really appreciate or relate that much how great they were in their era. But i would like to think they were coz they could drive longer than 200Y usingpersimmon clubs.

So, we and our kids would probably be in 2 different camps rooting for Tiger v.s. Rory Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:36 pm

IGT wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
botak wrote:

+1
+2

Was that Casio or Seiko? Remember?

Whahaha.... Razz Razz
Bro, i remb its Citizen instead! Laughing
Hope he doesnt spoilt his watch internal mech w his powderful swing lor! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Casio Watches are endorsed by Redbull F1 racing team ... Sebastian Vettel & David Webber ...
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Anybody heard of this American made watch brand called Reactor ??? Looks real awesome and its purported hardiness. Google it. Its impressive. Not too expensive too. They just opened a shop at Plaza Singapura and price is reasonable too ranging from basic 300+ to top of the range a couple of thousand. Might decide to get one later. Get it before the price goes higher.

titu
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:56 pm

Tituman wrote:
Anybody heard of this American made watch brand called Reactor ??? Looks real awesome and its purported hardiness. Google it. Its impressive. Not too expensive too. They just opened a shop at Plaza Singapura and price is reasonable too ranging from basic 300+ to top of the range a couple of thousand. Might decide to get one later. Get it before the price goes higher.

titu

I had a glance on web, mostly sports and look rugged to me. The design quite similar to Ball?
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

TW 32 putts in 2nd rd.....susahlah! Think he needs to consult Dave Stockton.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Tiger stays 4 strokes behind leaders; n 1 stroke behind Rory.

I like Tiger's chances better being in the current position than the leader going into the final rd. I figure Rose and Snedeker will cave in to pressure.

Clearly, Rory is the favorite, but Tiger is my pick.

Keep the ball in the fairways, capitalize on the par5's, he should card a low rd.

Go Tiger! It's time to roar!
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:35 am

Tiger is +4 for first 6 holes...

Jus too painful too watch... Crying or Very sad

Gimme back the former tiger leh.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TIGER TRACKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIGER TRACKER   TIGER TRACKER I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIGER TRACKER
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next