Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is he the making of a Legend?

Go down 
+4
audi
jtek
IGT
Turbo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Is he the making of a Legend? Empty
PostSubject: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Why is this young guy so good? Does Tiger still possess the ability to beat him? Many naysayers said albeit Tiger won 3 PGA tourney this year, he is still not the same old Tiger who won 14th Majors - He won the 3 PGA tourney in the absence of a host of global top players ...

Last edited by Turbo on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Tiger is not the same old Tiger; he is the older Tiger. I still have faith in him that he will be the greatest golfer on earth by winning another 5 more majors; i.e. 19 in total to past Jack's record; and barring any unforeseen circumtances like injury.

Rory is on top form now; no doubt about it. If being a legend is defined by majors won record; I don't think he can. At the moment, it is still Tiger.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:00 pm

I must agree that Rory is great... But personally, still felt his game a little "text book" ways of great play... I hope to see that tiger way of amazing shots from rory which can pull the world of golf together... And there's something I don't know how to explain but rory just didn't have that little something in him that TW have that pull us into staring and waiting for him to execute a shot... Even time I watch tiger, I would stare and wait for miracle shot from him. And that fist punch from tiger let us feel so different as compare to when we see other tour golfer do that!

Still hoping the best from tiger... I watched him since young... From I hate golf (watching him with dad) to I grow up and fell in love with golf... TW is the man that lure me into golf and I believe that with him, the game of golf change from an old man's game to a young man's sport...

Even the great Jack can't change the world of golf (maybe media wasn't the thingy in the past)...
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 pm

he's very good. but i dont think he will be as hot as tiger woods in the past.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Legend? This is legend!!

Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Tiger has made numerous number of records that I doubt will be broken anytime soon by anyone even rory himself
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 pm

The same media that up to a year ago said that Tiger was done for and would never compete again at the highest level. Not exactly a confidence inspiring batting average ...

In any case, whether Rory, Tiger or whoever, it will be a joy watching it all unfold

Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:24 pm

Well one thing I notice between the European golf vs the USA, the later always dare to try for undoable shot that make the crowd scream... Watching European golfer play make this sport just a game...

Watching tiger, Phil, Bubba etc play make u excited and wanna go to the green immediately... Maybe it's the way they are being cultured in their daily life...

Anyway, just my own opinion... Don't blast me...
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 pm

jtek wrote:
I must agree that Rory is great... But personally, still felt his game a little "text book" ways of great play... I hope to see that tiger way of amazing shots from rory which can pull the world of golf together... And there's something I don't know how to explain but rory just didn't have that little something in him that TW have that pull us into staring and waiting for him to execute a shot... Even time I watch tiger, I would stare and wait for miracle shot from him. And that fist punch from tiger let us feel so different as compare to when we see other tour golfer do that!

Still hoping the best from tiger... I watched him since young... From I hate golf (watching him with dad) to I grow up and fell in love with golf... TW is the man that lure me into golf and I believe that with him, the game of golf change from an old man's game to a young man's sport...

Even the great Jack can't change the world of golf (maybe media wasn't the thingy in the past)...

Well said; can't agree more. Talking about significance of influence brought to golf, it is definitely TW. The craze and the purse money increased is also for TW. Nike golf established a product line named after TW. Golfchannel created a dedicated forum labeled as Tiger Tracker. Yes, he is that big.
Rory simply doesn't have that aura; that commanding presence. The same thing that could be felt in Michael and Mike Tyson.

Talking about shots shaping and flights control, I really don't know how and where to start. From that 6i from bunker that carried more than 200y, that shot he produced in the dusk, the shot that the was like in the air fever, crossed the woods, crowd, water and landed on the green, the long winding putt on the signature par3 in TPC Sawgrass the chip-in in 2005 The masters that you no longer see Chris Dimarco, then the flop shot
chip-in in Memorial, the list simply goes on and on.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:48 pm

audi wrote:
he's very good. but i dont think he will be as hot as tiger woods in the past.

No, not even close.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Legend? This is legend!!

Watched the chip-in on par in The Masters 2005? The magnitude of the moment when the ball trickled and paused for split second and rolled in was beyond words. And I voted that to be the best Nike ad when the ball paused and Nike logo showed. I was so in tears of joy. And look at how the crowd turned on, and Chris Dimarco looked in awe.........
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:58 pm

jtek wrote:
Well one thing I notice between the European golf vs the USA, the later always dare to try for undoable shot that make the crowd scream... Watching European golfer play make this sport just a game...

Watching tiger, Phil, Bubba etc play make u excited and wanna go to the green immediately... Maybe it's the way they are being cultured in their daily life...

In my view, in general the european players are more talented; american is good in marketing. I dozed off watching EPGA coz of the commentators. Many times you hear the wind blow more than the comments : Smile . Its the commentators that make it so dull.
Back to top Go down
keithlim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:11 am

Something for us all to remember!

Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:35 am

keithlim wrote:

Yes, this was the moment.....and he went on to win in play-off. Thx for sharing!
Back to top Go down
keithlim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:32 am

IGT wrote:
keithlim wrote:

Yes, this was the moment.....and he went on to win in play-off. Thx for sharing!

Beer
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:17 am

IGT wrote:
jtek wrote:

In my view, in general the european players are more talented; american is good in marketing. I dozed off watching EPGA coz of the commentators. Many times you hear the wind blow more than the comments : Smile . Its the commentators that make it so dull.

Well I do think the commentators thingy is right!
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:21 am

keithlim wrote:

Till the day Rory make a shot like this, he would never get the same place in my heart as TW.

I always felt that it is not how good the tour players make a good shot which caught me into this game. It's how they turn a bad shot into a good save that stick me into the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is he the making of a Legend?   Is he the making of a Legend? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is he the making of a Legend?
Page 1 of 1