Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson

Go down 
+29
weesern
Slicer51
shorthitter
Begbie
duffader
slinger
3131T
icejazz
andrew-golf
eiji
asahi
hoppie
IGT
onime
Technospaz
skybobo
Najibapark
SigmaOne
4dtoto
enwee
kevinhwc
jeffman88
wei1974
Slaygay
Suzuki
s-killer
whistler
TheFocalPoint
tristan
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tristan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson Empty
PostSubject: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi,

I'm new here and also to golf. Wish to start learning golf. Just wondering how much is the average price and where is a good place to learn?
I have a group of friends around 4 - 5 people. Any kind soul here care to advise? Smile
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Make sure your clubs are properly fitted first. It's a miracle I tell you..

Anyway, if in the east, I'd recommend Laguna.. If you want more info, pm me Smile
Back to top Go down
whistler
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Yeah Laguna is good. Think it's about $350 per pax for group of 4 for 6 lessons.
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:33 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:

Sorry, can't help it but lol!
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:07 pm

I reco Ren Chiat in laguna. Very good instructor, many years of teaching experience.
Back to top Go down
Slaygay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:32 am

Does the laguna one do video analysis?
Back to top Go down
wei1974
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:37 pm

welcome to GR.. cant offer much advice as i am also a beginner
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:02 pm

tristan wrote:
Hi,

I'm new here and also to golf. Wish to start learning golf. Just wondering how much is the average price and where is a good place to learn?
I have a group of friends around 4 - 5 people. Any kind soul here care to advise? Smile

can try the POH bros at either Toa Payoh or Punggol range.. understand at TPY there are about 11 coaches teaching there incl 4 japanese pros
(re pricings u need to go hv a face to face with the coach and decide - think rate here is about $100 per hr for 2 students ie approx $50 each)
or
Heard Phua Thian Kay or Alan Chew at Mandai Range oso pretty good and charges reasonably

Do ur homework check them out first and decide
also my recommendation is keep the grp small eg 2... altho more the cost is cheaper when divided by the coach's hourly rate the takeaway is less as he has less time to pay attention to u....
by the way no need to fit clubs so early if u r beginners, get the basics first and slowly build up a good consistent swing ...
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevinhwc

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Mods,

I think there is a need to stop all these. Why is it that most of the thread keeps talking about miracle in fitting? Let's not dig the past up, shall we?

We are here to golf and make friends and enjoy Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Someone apparently think it's too PEACEFUL recently. He's what I think he is. tongue
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Dun like that leh...scare all the newbies away...haiz...maybe need to implement cooling period for those involve...
Back to top Go down
SigmaOne
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
SigmaOne

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:03 pm

If go Laguna, definitely has to use GARY KWEK, he played on the Asian Tour and has loads of experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SigmaGolfStudio.com
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Chang Ren Chiat is good too! They have probably the best professionals there! #TeamLaguna
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Why nobody mention Allen Kelly aka short hitter?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Justin Han also coaches at Laguna.

They've got a good selection of top coaches there.
Back to top Go down
onime
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
onime

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:16 pm

Cause he's my boss. Hahaha. Allen is awesome. Was waiting for the right moment! Uncle Allen iz gooodz. cheers
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 pm

nientsu wrote:
SigmaOne wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:

Anyway, if in the east, I'd recommend Laguna.. If you want more info, pm me Smile

U can't even differentiate almost miracle and a miracle. So u learn in laguna? Tats not a good referral then, after saw u drive on the tee box at the GR game. ROFL

Hi Sigma

Not very nice of u. Mad Rem we are all here to be merry and make frens.

Broths, don't be like tt la.....ppl game sucks u said coz of lousy coach, if game well, student very good. Not fair la....
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:34 pm

skybobo wrote:
Why nobody mention Allen Kelly aka short hitter?

Hey, he is my coach! He is good, can learn from him. The only drawback is Laguna pricing is abit on the high side for balls etc though.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Thread locked. Pending deliberation.

Periodic bans may apply for wayward postings.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:53 pm

Thread unlocked. Sorry Asahi, I have cleaned up the irrelevant posts.

Sigmaone and TFP. Take it offline. Any more from either you or anyone else. Will result in a ban.

Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Ban me for responding to someone who openly ridiculed and laughed out loud at my swing? Go ahead.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Actually I think all coaches are more or less the same. Especially for beginner. Only thing is which place is more convenient for you.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:06 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Ban me for responding to someone who openly ridiculed and laughed out loud at my swing? Go ahead.

Your replies carried the same sarcasm so you aren't any better. Take it offline with him, any form of public response will no longer be tolerated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Wah Enwee

Is that your Wine Cellar??

Power Man!!!

Actually the best coach is a coach who knows how to teach you.. cos we all learn in different ways...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson   New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to golf and seeking to learn through lesson
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next