Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What happen to old clubs

Go down 
+4
enwee
NikeN
blee67
4dtoto
8 posters
AuthorMessage
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

What happen to old clubs Empty
PostSubject: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 pm

Just cross my mind..What happen to all the old clubs ?

Everytime a new model came out, we will probably see it in the course or in some second hand shops or even in the market place. Even for those relatively new clubs.

However, what happen to those more then 3 years old model ? are they sitting in the storeroom, throw away, donate away or even pass down to someone else. Just curious. Example Ping G10 Driver, now it is almost extinct and can't really find in the second hand shops....mmmmmm
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Bob,

I am still using some of them ah... Very Happy

No money to buy new clubs
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:48 pm

blee wrote:
Bob,

LOL...dun bluff....I also want to go back use old clubs..but cannot find...haiz...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:51 pm

4dtoto wrote:
blee wrote:
Bob,

LOL...dun bluff....I also want to go back use old clubs..but cannot find...haiz...

My woods are about 1o years old now (Mizuno T Zoid) and cheapo putter about 3 years....

Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Passing Katana beginner set to my young brother which start up golf lately. Very Happy
And maybe later my VR split cavity iron set also. Then i got excuse to buy new club....Razz
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:23 pm

kenkong79 wrote:
Passing Katana beginner set to my young brother which start up golf lately. Very Happy
And maybe later my VR split cavity iron set also. Then i got excuse to buy new club....Razz

That's what people mostly do..so now what happen your young brother want to buy a better set ? what is going to happen to the katana set? Cos I dun think shops will take in trade in.... example...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:24 pm

I still got a old Callaway Big Bertha 3 wood, also not sure will I be still using it.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:26 pm

enwee wrote:
I still got a old Callaway Big Bertha 3 wood, also not sure will I be still using it.

LOL.. me too...callaway big bertha and hawkeye....sitting in storeroom
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:31 pm

bro, Project 2nd chance...
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:31 pm

4dtoto wrote:
Just cross my mind..What happen to all the old clubs ?

Everytime a new model came out, we will probably see it in the course or in some second hand shops or even in the market place. Even for those relatively new clubs.

However, what happen to those more then 3 years old model ? are they sitting in the storeroom, throw away, donate away or even pass down to someone else. Just curious. Example Ping G10 Driver, now it is almost extinct and can't really find in the second hand shops....mmmmmm

bro i hv a couple of oldie wooden maruman woods hanging on a wall as i like to collect vintage stuff... besides making a decent wall decor it does solicit good conversation amongst visitors who golf about the days when fairway woods were really once made of wood...
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:35 pm

btw still can find Ping G10 drivers. I saw a few in FESC. One of Ping's best drivers. better than G15 and G20 in my view

on a separate but related note, i'm thinking of trying out G10 3wood with proforce shaft. donate to me if u have. thanks
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:38 pm

SC, I know someone who's using the G5 G2.

Last edited by Technospaz on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:39 pm

scottycollector wrote:
btw still can find Ping G10 drivers. I saw a few in FESC. One of Ping's best drivers. better than G15 and G20 in my view

on a separate but related note, i'm thinking of trying out G10 3wood with proforce shaft. donate to me if u have. thanks

Serious?? I went but can't find a G10 9* driver...
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:53 pm

i think oldies putter has more value compared to other items. i still have a very old acushnet bullseye putter. i dont game it anymore, just keep it.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:54 pm

4dtoto wrote:
scottycollector wrote:

Serious?? I went but can't find a G10 9* driver...

i think the name of the shop is "bob's golf". Next to panwest. I think i saw two 9* G10. But fitted with some crappy shaft...i almost bought it to reshaft it.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Technospaz wrote:

and i bet he hits it a long way
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:56 pm

scottycollector wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Actually, pretty long. Plays a nice draw shot too. Distance isn't too big a deal for him but shot placement is key.

He lups it Smile
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Technospaz wrote:
scottycollector wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Actually, pretty long. Plays a nice draw shot too. Distance isn't too big a deal for him but shot placement is key.

He lups it Smile

TS, how about the guy that use an old S yards and then jog to his tee shots... What a Face

Now he decided to use a cut down new driver... still drives miles but I heard he keeping his S yards.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happen to old clubs   What happen to old clubs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happen to old clubs
Page 1 of 1