Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lady using men's set?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aling
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

lady using men's set? Empty
PostSubject: lady using men's set?   lady using men's set? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:21 am

I'm trying to figure out if I can transfer my men's Mizuno Zypher set to my wife. She's the same build as me. She's currently using a Wilson ladies set from last decade.
Thought of sending my set for a re-grip (maybe cut the shaft to her height?) and passing them to her.
Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: lady using men's set?   lady using men's set? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:23 am

did you wife try your set before? was she hitting it well?
Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
siaokao

PostSubject: Re: lady using men's set?   lady using men's set? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:29 am

Nothing really wrong with ladies using men's clubs I think. Some of my old clubs are sitting in ladies' bag.

A little caution when cutting the shaft. Trimming shaft will affect swing weight, trimming it correctly, you can (more of less) adjust the flex to suit ur wife, cutting it wrong, it may ended up stiffer den it already is.. making it difficult for your wife to play with it. Adjusting loft, lie and swing weight may also help.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: lady using men's set?   lady using men's set? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:02 pm

for the amount of money u'll spend on cutting shaft and regripping, i think u are better off buying a used ladies set for ur wife.

anyway, if she is the same build as you, then there should be no need to cut down the shaft. why don't u let her try hitting balls on the range first? if she feels that it's too long for her, then she can try gripping down on the club. if that works, then maybe u can consider cutting down the shafts.

finally, it may be best to ask her for her views. she may not be too excited about having to use your old clubs. buying her a proper set may inspire her to golf more.
Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
siaokao

PostSubject: Re: lady using men's set?   lady using men's set? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:30 pm

scottycollector wrote:

finally, it may be best to ask her for her views. she may not be too excited about having to use your old clubs. buying her a proper set may inspire her to golf more.

Totally agree.. I overlooked these! What a Face
Back to top Go down
aling
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: lady using men's set?   lady using men's set? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:12 pm

i think scottycollector hit the sweetspot!
thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: lady using men's set?   lady using men's set? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:30 pm

siaokao wrote:
Nothing really wrong with ladies using men's clubs I think. Some of my old clubs are sitting in ladies' bag.

bro siaokao: conversely what do u think of the man using a ladies set? rendeer
Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
siaokao

PostSubject: Re: lady using men's set?   lady using men's set? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 5:42 pm

jeffman88 wrote:
siaokao wrote:

bro siaokao: conversely what do u think of the man using a ladies set? rendeer
Pretty awesome man.. geek

Anyway.. ladies clubs.. ball fly very far leh..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lady using men's set?   lady using men's set? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lady using men's set?
Page 1 of 1