Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kinesio tape or another koyok ....

Go down 
+5
Ssquirrel
audi
DK
JonL_TK
jeffman88
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

Kinesio tape or another koyok .... Empty
PostSubject: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Kinesio tape or another koyok .... Tape

Kinesio Athletic's Tape used by athletes to reduce pain and swelling and to provide muscle and joint support without restricting movement - has become a must-have medical aid at London 2012.

Is it all-hype just a little more than a placebo or does it really work? Does it work for golfers?
Has any GRians here used this tape? Feel free to share your experiences Smile
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:41 pm

I have a kaki who happens to be a physio and he swears by them
I have never used it before and am skeptical though

If one is golfing in pain, usually means one is swinging it wrongly or just playing too much... time for a little rest

Also can't imagine the kind of tan lines i will have if i were to put the Kinesio Tape
Back to top Go down
DK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
DK

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Yani Tseng uses them. so I guess it works for golfers Very Happy

Kinesio tape or another koyok .... 6893106040_c3cd2b42bf_o
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Seems there is an agent in Singapore with even a fb page https://www.facebook.com/#!/KinesioTapingSouthEastAsia

Progress Healthcare Pte Ltd
345 Jalan Besar Singapore 208987
Tel : (65) 6297 5955
Website http://www.progress.com.sg/kinesio
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:34 pm

i thought if you sweat, the koyok will peel off?
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 6:00 pm

audi wrote:

dun think so leh, seems v good medical adhesive used :
Second-skin Adhesion
Go ahead- beat it up, swim with it, wear it on your feet during sand volleyball, or your 100 mile mud run. When it comes to medical adhesive, stronger is not always better. The key to medical adhesive is stick and release: the adhesive must stay on, no matter how punishing the environment, but release when it's peeled off without causing pain and bleeding. The KT Tape product design team spent hundreds of hours in R&D developing the perfectly balanced.
Ref: http://www.kttape.com.au/what-is-kt-tape/

found this application for Golfer's Elbow using these tapes.. (many diff brands out there)

Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:39 pm

I use Rock Tape,
I find KT tape slightly less "stretchy". The "Pro" version of KT tape comes in pre-cut lengths.
I use the tape for my knee, not for golf. It won't come off with sweat, can shower all, no problem. Can stick for a few days. I usually remove after about 3 because it can start to itch.

Does it really work? I'm not sure, although my phsyio thinks so. I actually feel a bit paiseh with the tape, because I'm far from being an athlete, so I try to cover it up if I have to use it.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 pm

jeffman88 wrote:
audi wrote:

Second-skin Adhesion
Go ahead- beat it up, swim with it, wear it on your feet during sand volleyball, or your 100 mile mud run. When it comes to medical adhesive, stronger is not always better. The key to medical adhesive is stick and release: the adhesive must stay on, no matter how punishing the environment, but release when it's peeled off without causing pain and bleeding. The KT Tape product design team spent hundreds of hours in R&D developing the perfectly balanced.

found this application for Golfer's Elbow using these tapes.. (many diff brands out there)

Bro..

I don't think it works, cos the fakes usually use good looking chicks to entice the buyers and distract the male prospects from the actual subject... lol!

I tried using it for a while actually.. The tapping wasn't so pro of cos.. I'm not sure whether it did help cos I could still feel the pain of my tennis elbow after a week of tapping.. I usually change the tapes every other day to prevent rashes... Maybe like what Jon said, could be my wrong swing style... Basketball

cheers

Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:01 pm

chien wrote:
jeffman88 wrote:
audi wrote:

Second-skin Adhesion

Bro..

I don't think it works, cos the fakes usually use good looking chicks to entice the buyers and distract the male prospects from the actual subject... lol!

I tried using it for a while actually.. The tapping wasn't so pro of cos.. I'm not sure whether it did help cos I could still feel the pain of my tennis elbow after a week of tapping.. I usually change the tapes every other day to prevent rashes... Maybe like what Jon said, could be my wrong swing style... Basketball

cheers

Chien : re fakes using good looking chicks in ads.. haha.. or on the other hand big reputable established companies that can well afford to hire good looking models eg Nike, Coke, Oakleys, Billabong etc

I read an article which seems rather convincing here @ http://science.howstuffworks.com/kinesiology-tape.htm and below is an excerpt extracted from page 3
Seems one needs to be a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner to apply it properly ... see red highlighted parts below...

The Kinesio Taping Method
Before you attempt taping, get informed. Even if you're familiar with the muscles you're treating, applying the tape incorrectly could do more harm than good. Dr. Kase's book contains instructions and thorough illustrations for taping everything from the scalenus anterior in the neck to the flexor hallucis brevis in the foot. Kinesio Taping experts, like athletic trainer Carrie Hendrick, Ph.D., of Asheville, N.C., recommend visiting kinesiotaping.com and finding a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP) in your area. To become a CKTP, Hendrick trained at two seminars given by the Kinesio Taping Association International (KTAI) and successfully completed an online exam. CKTPs and other experienced taping experts often give talks and demonstrations on taping at health and fitness expos around the world [source: Hendrick].

Ssquirrel: fyi There is mention of Rock Tape in above article too...
One Kinesio competitor, RockTape, has taken the technology one step further. Though Kinesio Tape was developed primarily for use by medical professionals and was later adopted by athletes, RockTape engineered its product specifically for use during athletic competition. RockTape boasts a 190 percent stretch with the use of a specialized nylon, which is both highly flexible and very water-resistant [sources: RockTape, PTS]. RockTape has also developed a topical muscle pain reliever called Rock Sauce designed to use with its tape. Rock Sauce is similar to, but supposedly more powerful than, products like BioFreeze and Ben Gay [source: RockTape].
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Oh mann.. So besides the $30 i spent on the tape, I have to sign up for the seminars to learn how to use the tape too?? Basketball

Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:16 am

This type of taping is different from the taping u use to secure ur ankles/knees. these tapes are supposed to be stretched. more for performance... but may not be as effective for us as compared to athletes.
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevinhwc

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:43 am

I bought this.... haven't tested it yet...

http://www.tapingcenter.com/
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:48 am

kevinhwc: Question: how do u know how and where to apply tape and for which ailment/problem... or do u hv someone (like a physio) with the expertise to tape for you esp in places like ur back where u cant reach...the more i research into this tape is that its not so easy like the Chinese Koyok Heat Pads (eg Tigerbalm, Panadol) which u can easily stick onto the approximate area of the ailment..
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevinhwc

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Jeff: the webpage shows how you should tape for different parts... use it mainly for golf and back (intend to)... you coming to PGA tomorrow? I can bring over if you want to c c, look look, touch touch
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:41 pm

kevinhwc wrote:
Jeff: the webpage shows how you should tape for different parts... use it mainly for golf and back (intend to)... you coming to PGA tomorrow? I can bring over if you want to c c, look look, touch touch

wah thanks bro - see u @ e range then
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevinhwc

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:59 pm

no prob jeff...you can cut some out to try if u want..
Back to top Go down
jesuswasacoolguy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 am

thought I can answer on the elastic taping method. although the tape is meant to be elastic, it doesn't mean you need to pull it to maximise it. In a way you have to learn how to use it. There are plenty of half right information on the web, and plenty of WRONG information on the web.

Kinesio Tape is the original. KT Tape is the copy from USA with Kerri Walsh and Rock Tape? is used for taping rocks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinesio tape or another koyok ....   Kinesio tape or another koyok .... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinesio tape or another koyok ....
Page 1 of 1