Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WOOD SHAFTS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

WOOD SHAFTS Empty
PostSubject: WOOD SHAFTS   WOOD SHAFTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:04 am

I have a Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue from my driver, can I fix it to my 3 wood or even a hybrid?

Appreciate your advice!
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

WOOD SHAFTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOOD SHAFTS   WOOD SHAFTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:16 am

3 wood yes , hybrid not a good idea. Cutting a shaft too short will make it lose certain properties of the shaft I I'm not mistaken
Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

WOOD SHAFTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOOD SHAFTS   WOOD SHAFTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:19 am

Bangla123 wrote:
3 wood yes , hybrid not a good idea. Cutting a shaft too short will make it lose certain properties of the shaft I I'm not mistaken

Thanks! that was fast! How about from a 3 wood shaft to a hybrid? or does hybrids have their own shafts?
Back to top Go down
onime
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
onime

WOOD SHAFTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOOD SHAFTS   WOOD SHAFTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:53 am

i just cut my grafalloy epic driver shaft to 3 hybrid length. Now can hit like 4 wood distance. The feel dam shiok!
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

WOOD SHAFTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOOD SHAFTS   WOOD SHAFTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:57 am

generally speaking, unless you are using the cobra baffler, most hybrids have a 0.370 tip while most drivers / FWs have a 0.335 tip so that would typically require your fitter to use an adapter for starters. also the kick point of the shaft would be different once you cut it to a hybrid length.

and lastly, your consideration should be for the weight of the shaft as you would typically have a heavier shaft on your hybrid as compared to your driver or FW
Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

WOOD SHAFTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOOD SHAFTS   WOOD SHAFTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:03 pm

shamusan wrote:
generally speaking, unless you are using the cobra baffler, most hybrids have a 0.370 tip while most drivers / FWs have a 0.335 tip so that would typically require your fitter to use an adapter for starters. also the kick point of the shaft would be different once you cut it to a hybrid length.

and lastly, your consideration should be for the weight of the shaft as you would typically have a heavier shaft on your hybrid as compared to your driver or FW

hmmm....in other words, there would be a great difference in head weight in relation to the shaft weight?

Speaking on weight....what is the ideal head to shaft weightage? i.e. the best shaft weight in relation to respective heads?
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

WOOD SHAFTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOOD SHAFTS   WOOD SHAFTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:09 pm

well, not really head weight to shaft weight but generally due to the shorter length of the hybrid as compared to your driver / fw, you would want a heavier shaft to maintain swing weight

there is no ideal weightage cos every golfer would have their own preference, for example, the majority of golfers in asia would try to maintain a swing weight for D2 for most of their irons whereas i like mine D7
Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

WOOD SHAFTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOOD SHAFTS   WOOD SHAFTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:12 pm

shamusan wrote:
well, not really head weight to shaft weight but generally due to the shorter length of the hybrid as compared to your driver / fw, you would want a heavier shaft to maintain swing weight

there is no ideal weightage cos every golfer would have their own preference, for example, the majority of golfers in asia would try to maintain a swing weight for D2 for most of their irons whereas i like mine D7

Do you have to take into account the stiffness of the shaft as well?
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

WOOD SHAFTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOOD SHAFTS   WOOD SHAFTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:19 pm

of course...
Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

WOOD SHAFTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOOD SHAFTS   WOOD SHAFTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:21 pm

shamusan wrote:
of course...

Thanks bro!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WOOD SHAFTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOOD SHAFTS   WOOD SHAFTS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOOD SHAFTS
Page 1 of 1