Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Singaporean first at The Open 2012

Go down 
+34
jeremykoh
BigblackGoof
golfool2009
shimizu.toruk
ahnah
mayalab
rif66
DRGjr72
7iron
scholes25
Begbie
Bear
No-bogeys
jeffman88
Champion
peace2903
enwee
Ssquirrel
Khorkar
hkhamateur
mitatr
Najibapark
Dan5
fata
Slicer51
nicasio
Joshua
pushslice
TigaWood
crayon33
3131T
lewisloh
asahi
DGman
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Champion
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Champion

Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:03 pm

DGman,

Your actions and effort in putting all this together for MM its true sign of passion for the game of GOLF.

WELL DONE! Hope to see more of people like you. cheers

STAY FOCUS AND WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST.

GOD BLESS! Swing

Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 5:07 pm

mitatr wrote:
Dan5 wrote:
DGman wrote:
The Singapore Sports Council and all the sporting association concerned did not put up a single cent for this Singaporean as professional golfers are deemed to represent themselves.
lets hope that good things will happen to MM as it always does in the month of Ramadan.
DGman

Its alway nice to see fellow countryman to represent us, but disappoint that our sport council dun do more or nothing to help them.... This golfer is truely one of our own and not like some other sports that they are paying so much for foreign talent......ball that play on table!!! Evil or Very Mad

a few of my friends and I talked about and wondered why Singapore Airlines doesn't sponsor mardan? At least,his travelling expenses mah. He's doing us proud. Sigh....

yups agree,, SIA r Temasek Holdings shd consider some sponsorship for Singapore's best pro golfer to date...
Back to top Go down
No-bogeys
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:49 am

He's the only golfer from Singapore representing us in international games, but no home-grown sponsors to him.

sigh, i think when he makes top 10 in Open , then SIA will wait for him at airport to sign him up.

Singapore sports council always put $ in wrong basket....bet most if not all $ in FT ...sad
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:28 am

this is super exciting!! Kudos to all who made this happen! Cheers for MM!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:59 am

imagine one have to fly Turkish airline to save money and waited 4 hours for a transit fly to Manchester from Istanbul. good thing he has a familiar face waiting for him at the Manchester Airport to take him to Blackpool.

anyway he has been given a list of things to prepare himself including mental and playing a different repertoire of shots needed for this golf course.

From his handler for 2 weeks.....Nick Middleton....

"He is assisted by James Hall... one of the top players in the Club. James has been helping MM with inside info about how to play the Greens; while the club Pro Eddie Birchenough has been extremely helpful in giving MM advice from Tee to Green. He is in the best of hands and I'm pleased to say it has been a total please to work with him.

MM is in great shape. He has worked hard to rehearse all the types of shots required to get round Lytham. Elite members here watch in total amazement !!!"

our photographer Joanne Stubbs will join the action today and we should expect some good photos soon. Meanwhile he is training hard and in MM style, quietly confident of his chances this year.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:10 am

thanks for the excellent update! nice to hear behind the scenes preparationa...
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:12 am

go mardan Smile may u hv many birdies and eagles... i will pray to the bogey gods to stay away from u and hang out w everyone else...
Back to top Go down
scholes25
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:22 am

Go MM....
I have said hi to you many times at RCC... But I know I am just a nameless familiar face to you....
You are my idol, my fav pro!!!!!
Back to top Go down
7iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:25 am

MM, im proud of you as my countryman and race. He's one of the most humble sportsman and always smiling. He's devoted to Islam and pray 5 times a day, hope Allah will grant his wish by winning this open. He's also devoted to his race, helping some young Malay golfer with his experiences. Always around and there at the Malay tournaments.
As for Eric BF, hats of to you. You been helping MM a lot with this tournament. Without you, he cannot get a lot infor as what he get now. You been organizing him to meet a lot people that he needs to get around.
Eric, you been helping a lot of golfers. You never see skin, race or nationality. I'm so amazed when you sponsor a very new malay A SPGA pro, Azhar.
I think Singapore sport managements are all blind and useless. I been wondering for years, why they never sponsor MM. His been carrying our flag everywhere he goes. Open up your eyes Ministers!!!
For SIA, if not money generate they won't sponser. All got money face.
Lets hope all our prayers for Mardan. When he win then we can see all this people will come and sponser him and want to take credit.
Look at our very own football son, Fandi. What happen to him. Not appreciated by the SSC. Very very sad.
My prayer for MM to win this tourney, and my blessing to Eric.
Respect to both of my brothers.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:16 am

7iron wrote:
....I been wondering for years, why they never sponsor MM. His been carrying our flag everywhere he goes. .

The above statement does hit to me deeper. " Why should one care to carry his country flag when one country do not care ??"

Are we saying that NONE of any sponsor or help given to MM by any of our Singapore department or what so ever division u call them?

What is the reason for so ? Flying your country internationally and nobody care ??

Oh I see, golf is a rich man game. So all golfer sponsor yourself man .... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:19 pm

7iron wrote:
....I been wondering for years, why they never sponsor MM. His been carrying our flag everywhere he goes. .

I belief Mardan plays the sport out of passion and love. He put in hardwork and commitment to the sport. And where there is passion, effort and hardwork, I'm sure it will be rewarded. Anyway, don't wait for ssc or any govt entity to do anything for us....it'll take a long time for them to do anything. If it happens great, if it doesn't, let's hope for more guys like dgman.

It is very heartening to know there are people like those at bfg who loves and cares so much that they are able to make it happen for golfers, be it newbie golfers, weekend warriors or pros.

For now i can only aspire to be like Mardan or Dgman......
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Good luck and play well this week at the Open Championship.

Amazing accomplishment to play professional golf at such a level and also play in major championships.
Back to top Go down
rif66
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:20 pm

All the best bro MM.
Back to top Go down
mayalab
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mayalab

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:26 pm

all the best bro. it's an amazing accomplishment
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:41 pm

up to the week before he left, he was worried. i can sense why...having been to the Open i can tell you that if you are there without friends, you will feel awe and the presence of all the best faces in golf plus the traditions attached with the game of golf can suddenly make you feel very small.

but i can assure you that he is in a very happy environment and his confidence is at an all time high.

here's a report taken off TNP and in a telelphone interview with Godfrey Roberts, he reported what our pictures have suggested....i was shocked that he mentioned the name....

Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 7581735098_9c870ac2d1_o

hopefully we get more updates when action starts from today after a weekend of visits from Alex Belt and some other Zen Players who are visiting Blackpool to help MM stay focus on the task. If JMS can win, it shows that Asian players all stand a chance.

DGman
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:22 pm

All the best to you MM !!
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:24 pm

DGman wrote:
up to the week before he left, he was worried. i can sense why...having been to the Open i can tell you that if you are there without friends, you will feel awe and the presence of all the best faces in golf plus the traditions attached with the game of golf can suddenly make you feel very small.

but i can assure you that he is in a very happy environment and his confidence is at an all time high.

here's a report taken off TNP and in a telelphone interview with Godfrey Roberts, he reported what our pictures have suggested....i was shocked that he mentioned the name....

Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 7581735098_9c870ac2d1_o

hopefully we get more updates when action starts from today after a weekend of visits from Alex Belt and some other Zen Players who are visiting Blackpool to help MM stay focus on the task. If JMS can win, it shows that Asian players all stand a chance.

DGman

Kudos to the Singaporean friend who sorted out MM's admin troubles there. Oh I guess that's you DGMan :-)

Just a wild idea - if corporate Singapore is unwilling to sponsor local athletes, would the local sporting community be willing to step up? In this case, would the local golfing community (less the pros of course) be willing to step up to support (in whatever form necessary) MM and the rest of the pros in future tournaments?

That would be a rather refreshing idea,no?
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 pm

No one talk to Sports Council ? MP ? Or need the Authority Person in charge in the Govt ?
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:57 pm

DGman wrote:

DGman

Interesting article and a shame that corporate SG doesn't support sportsmen here.....Eric, good to see you were able to help out in your inimitable way.....c'mon MM...i'm sure you'll make the cut at a minimum, hopefully top 10 placing and dare we hope for more......?????
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:41 pm

Francis, i am looking forward to a good celebration in anticipation of a good showing....fingers crossed.

DGman

PS Dear all......i will convey all your best wishes to Mardan.....better still i will ask Nick to show him this thread.......
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Good job Eric, i guess that's you he mentioned in the article... cheers

I felt kind of disappointed with our local sports ministry, whom is willing to invest lotsa money in the so-called grooming the future sportsmen via the infamous foreign talent program, what happened to looking within ourselves and support our local talents whom had worked really hard to proof their mettle? sigh...

Best of luck MM!!! Will try to catch u on tv....
Back to top Go down
jeremykoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 3:14 am

Nevertheless , lets all wish MM all the best and kudos to our local hero for making things happen behind the scene.. We do hope singapore appreciate sportmanship and support for those who can make things happen ..

Lastly we hope MM comes back with a hugh smile on his face. We shall awaits the indonesia food again..
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:25 am

MM, all the best! I sincerely wish that you enjoy the experience again and have fun playing your third major!

Heartfelt blessings from one passionate golfer to another!
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 am

MM will be in Group 25, together with 2 relatively unknown players for Thurs.

25 10:48 Brad KENNEDY Mardan MAMAT Steven TILEY

Hope this is a good arrangement for him, to keep low profile and stay under the radar and out of the glare of the media...and then shoot a good score.

All the best Mardan!!!

Last edited by coe16arg on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:12 am

anyone knows any website will have live streaming? dont think Starhub will show live for majors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singaporean first at The Open 2012   Singaporean first at The Open 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singaporean first at The Open 2012
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next