Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can your favourite Putter get better?

Go down 
+11
jeffman88
Technospaz
audi
willie24
Duval_S
grooveballer
mengteck71
nientsu
Derek
angyongshen
DGman
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Can your favourite Putter get better? Empty
PostSubject: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:23 pm

well i have 2 customers who walked in the door today wanting to change grips. in fact one of them just spent a load of cash changing the shaft on his putter from a standard steel to the KBS tour black.

he made the mistake of asking for something special and of course there are some putter shaft that will cost more than most putters.

here's how they turn out....

Can your favourite Putter get better? 7493802174_98ca7a4412_z

Can your favourite Putter get better? 7493801780_ef80063f36_z

Can your favourite Putter get better? 7493801376_42992fc5c0_z

i normally dun do very well with this style of putter so i was pretty surprise that i sent all 3 balls to the hole in "Rolex moment" precision. comparing the before and after, i think it made a world of difference to the feel at impact and the followthrough on these putters.

in case you are interested, we only stock the shaft and the grips and not the putter.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:20 pm

oh my, is that a sea snake turquoise putter grip? Nice setup.... Will graphite putter shaft improve feel and roll? That's something I have been experiencing recently while trying out different setups. If pricing is sensitive, possible to PM me the price for the grip and shaft? Poisonous.... good putt
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:17 am

the Matrik Prototype putter shaft are at least 20g heavier than most steel shafts and is actually more stable with a very stiff tip. the roll and the flo is much better than most steel putter shaft.

we used to have a huge bunch of the exotic snake skin Grip Master putter grips. not many left.

shaft and grip is in excess of $350 but in my opinion it made a world of difference in performance, feel and looks department.

DGman
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:06 am

nice, thanks. Tempting.... drool.... Stretcher
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:13 am

arrrgggghhh .... poisonous
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:39 am

planning to go to the den for the Aim Mate and to regrip my Zen. After seeing this, I am not sure its a good decision.

Lemme rephrase...My wallet is telling me its not a good decision to go.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:02 am

shaft better then the flowmotion?
Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:04 pm

The grips look very nice!
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:04 pm

nientsu wrote:
planning to go to the den for the Aim Mate and to regrip my Zen. After seeing this, I am not sure its a good decision.

I don't think you need to worry about that. Just picked up the aim mate and gloves, seems like they sold the last 2 pieces yesterday. The coast is clear. Wink unless you are referring to the grip, then again you can always place an order with them for the shaft. Swing
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:06 pm

Btw would it be sound to put that shaft on a cheap head, recently there is a super soft and light putter that came into my possession and I would like to further my partnership with it. Just wondering. Any advice dgman?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Quote :
nientsu wrote:

brudder.....since you recently took the big leap....I am sure DGMan can come out with something as a 'well-wishes' for the big leap
Back to top Go down
willie24
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
willie24

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 am

very nice black shaft on that putter
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 6:39 am

nice putter
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:43 am

nientsu wrote:

Mal, when are you going?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:55 am

Jas, will be going on the 29 to do my putter spa.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 am

DGman: Nice nice shaft n grips n goes v well w this putter.... i believe is the limited black KM-350, rite? Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:58 am

nientsu wrote:

Saturday? Coolness... perhaps I can catch you there as well? Go for makan/kopi or something.

Separately, I love the look of the putter. I don't play well with this style of putter but it does look good. Personally, however, I prefer if putter shafts were plain in colour without logos etc. Too distracting IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 am

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
nientsu wrote:

Saturday? Coolness... perhaps I can catch you there as well? Go for makan/kopi or something.

Separately, I love the look of the putter. I don't play well with this style of putter but it does look good. Personally, however, I prefer if putter shafts were plain in colour without logos etc. Too distracting IMHO.

cool... I can catch you there as well? Go for makan/kopi or something.

I will like to get some diagnosis on how to prolong the life of my putter.... seriously it looks like shit....
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:18 am

Duval_S wrote:
I will like to get some diagnosis on how to prolong the life of my putter.... seriously it looks like shit....

change to a ZEN.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:41 am

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
nientsu wrote:

cool... I can catch you there as well? Go for makan/kopi or something.

Your putter may look like shit but if you putt like gold, no one cares.

Anyway, we try to meet there over lunch time on 29th?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:22 am

Quote :
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

change to a ZEN.

my right sleeve of my golf top which happens to look like your gardener....is available for sponsorship.......idea?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:40 am

when you beat Slinger we may consider opening your letter of application......

otherwise i am sure you will have sweet dreams with perhaps other logo such as Efir, Sey, Noremac and Yessydo waiting to grace your slevee

Back to top Go down
whistler
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:11 am

nientsu wrote:

pardon my ignorance, what does putter spa entail and how much does it usually cost?

Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:58 am

Was about to ask the same question! My old putter needs a spa
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 12:56 pm

usually if its a ZEN its free........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can your favourite Putter get better?   Can your favourite Putter get better? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can your favourite Putter get better?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next