Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AT &T National 2012

Go down 
+9
enwee
pocketace
sob
hkhamateur
crayon33
TheFocalPoint
TourSwing
Lee36328
Slicer51
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

AT &T National 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AT &T National 2012   AT &T National 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
enwee wrote:
Maybe playing with Tiger is too much pressure for Van Plet. Rather than the other way round. Because Tiger is so used to be playing under such condition.

Yes, I still remember a American friend told me before, when I asked "Why Tiger can play so good?". He says " The different is the pressure between Tiger and other ". Million dollar to the winner is allot for avg pro player. Tiger already has many millions in his Bank account .. It is not the money he is looking for . He just want to win ... lol!

Actually I was thinking, Tiger was trained to win...that's why viewership of PGA went down when his affair and injury took centre stage, but now that's he's winning again, viewership went up again. Just like Michael Jordan when he led the Bulls to NBA title, the viewership also very high back then.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: AT &T National 2012   AT &T National 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:50 pm

enwee wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Thanks for that post, Pak Slicer51. It read like a John Grisham novel, I enjoyed it.

You r welcome bro Lee, I just mainly copy & paste but it nice to see someone down so much and manage to pick it up again. It is not east at all. Tiger is not young, I hope to see better younger player that can match his record soon in my life time.
Honestly I doubt so, people like tiger come out once every 20-30 years, Nickalaus waited almost 20 years to see Tiger.

Err... I feel that its a diff era thing. At Jack's time, maybe not many players to compete with him.
If Tiger dun play well or retire, there r so many good players competing now and in future.

And for some of the records/stats, I really doubt that anyone will be able to break them in the next 30 years.

Just to mention a few :

1. 74 pga win(at the moment)
2. Achieved No. 1 world ranking in his 42nd week as a professional and became the youngest-ever No. 1 golfer (21 years, 24 weeks)
3. 281 consecutive weeks(5years 21 weeks) in the top spot and 623(1 week to 12 years) weeks total

There many more records he holds... He is really amazing...

Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: AT &T National 2012   AT &T National 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
enwee wrote:
Maybe playing with Tiger is too much pressure for Van Plet. Rather than the other way round. Because Tiger is so used to be playing under such condition.

Yes, I still remember a American friend told me before, when I asked "Why Tiger can play so good?". He says " The different is the pressure between Tiger and other ". Million dollar to the winner is allot for avg pro player. Tiger already has many millions in his Bank account .. It is not the money he is looking for . He just want to win ... lol!

Like that not bery swee lor...let others win some Million oso mah,some players bery poor wan lor...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: AT &T National 2012   AT &T National 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:03 pm

3131T wrote:
enwee wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Thanks for that post, Pak Slicer51. It read like a John Grisham novel, I enjoyed it.

You r welcome bro Lee, I just mainly copy & paste but it nice to see someone down so much and manage to pick it up again. It is not east at all. Tiger is not young, I hope to see better younger player that can match his record soon in my life time.
Honestly I doubt so, people like tiger come out once every 20-30 years, Nickalaus waited almost 20 years to see Tiger.

Err... I feel that its a diff era thing. At Jack's time, maybe not many players to compete with him.
If Tiger dun play well or retire, there r so many good players competing now and in future.

And for some of the records/stats, I really doubt that anyone will be able to break them in the next 30 years.

Just to mention a few :

1. 74 pga win(at the moment)
2. Achieved No. 1 world ranking in his 42nd week as a professional and became the youngest-ever No. 1 golfer (21 years, 24 weeks)
3. 281 consecutive weeks(5years 21 weeks) in the top spot and 623(1 week to 12 years) weeks total

There many more records he holds... He is really amazing...

Even Tiger's era...so many players were commented to be his biggest challenger in the next 10 years, I can name at least 10, but non really appeared or only for a short period and that's it. This show he and jack were the most dominating player in their each respective era. Also Jack's era, there's no offical world ranking. During those 2 years in the wilderness, no one had come out to be that dominating as well. That's why he's special.....I think he already attain Legendary status already whether or not he break Jack's record on the major, but I would like to see him break it.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: AT &T National 2012   AT &T National 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Well said neighbour...

Looking forward to his breaking of Sam's(pga win) n Jack's(major win), he will be the legend of the legends...
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: AT &T National 2012   AT &T National 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Great thread! Thx bros Lee36328 + Slicer51 for the regular updates.... Totally missed any telecasts on cable..
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: AT &T National 2012   AT &T National 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:20 am

enwee wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
enwee wrote:

Actually I was thinking, Tiger was trained to win...that's why viewership of PGA went down when his affair and injury took centre stage, but now that's he's winning again, viewership went up again. Just like Michael Jordan when he led the Bulls to NBA title, the viewership also very high back then.

I agreed with the viewership went up when he start winning but for me, it is most to see whether he will pull a miracle shot during his round, when everyone though it is impossible. That's already worth for me in staying up to watch him play. Smile
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: AT &T National 2012   AT &T National 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:28 am

Kengnam wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
enwee wrote:

Like that not bery swee lor...let others win some Million oso mah,some players bery poor wan lor...

I know, the world is so unfair isn't it ?

So, anymore new polo to sell ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AT &T National 2012   AT &T National 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AT &T National 2012
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2