Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cobra jokes and discussion and answers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Cobra jokes and discussion and answers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobra jokes and discussion and answers   Cobra jokes and discussion and answers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:32 pm

The Zero Limits Driver is defintely not loud and high pitched, and not a dull "thwock" like some of the earlier Cobra composite drivers. Think it's more of a sound better players prefer, but somewhat tuned up so the golfer used to loud drivers can get used to it too. I liked the sound of it on impact when I tried it.

Tronos, if you are interested, I have a brand new Callaway Hyper X driver, 10 degrees, Fujikura fit on shaft in regular flex I want to let go. Never got round to using it, the sticker is still on the face, lol. It's loud like you like.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Cobra jokes and discussion and answers   Cobra jokes and discussion and answers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Birdman wrote:

Khorkar, the delineation between who Titileist is for and the same for Cobra used to be very clear until the last year and a half or so. Titleist for the better player seeking to work the ball and Cobra for the average golfer needing help with ball striking. Now the lines are becoming more than blurred for reasons only Acushnet know for sure. I can only guess that both brands have matured enough in the minds of the mass market for Titleist to offer more forgiveness in their clubs and for Cobra to offer forged workability in theirs. Another push factor for Cobra could be also having tour pros on board the brand. The R&D has already been done so to speak building clubs for them, and I don't think any pro worth their touring salt would play with hackers clubs, it just won't work for them.

hello birdman,

please stay on topic. the topic is "ask cobra", not "answer questions for cobra" if i moderator i sure delete your post...

cheers,
MT
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Cobra jokes and discussion and answers   Cobra jokes and discussion and answers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:42 pm

MT,

Easy bro. While I don't think it was right to delete your earlier post (and chinchiachun's), I also think we need not be too anal about comments. If this thread is to be purely for questions, then I think sunny needs to clean up some of the posts liao.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Cobra jokes and discussion and answers   Cobra jokes and discussion and answers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:44 pm

Hi all,

the other thread is only ask cobra, here we have got anything related to cobra other than asking questions to cobra.

let me start the ball rolling...

my cobra s9-1 pro D driver is really good.. can whack the ball damn far... the feel is sibei solid... shiok man..
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Cobra jokes and discussion and answers   Cobra jokes and discussion and answers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:45 pm

samT wrote:
MT,

Easy bro. While I don't think it was right to delete your earlier post (and chinchiachun's), I also think we need not be too anal about comments. If this thread is to be purely for questions, then I think sunny needs to clean up some of the posts liao.

yours also must delete lah bro.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Cobra jokes and discussion and answers   Cobra jokes and discussion and answers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:58 pm

I get the message Mervyn. : )

I don't have anything Cobra at this point, but sure wouldn't mind putting the new Zero Limits driver in my bag.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Cobra jokes and discussion and answers   Cobra jokes and discussion and answers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:00 pm

yeah, the zero limit looks wonderful, but the graphics looks abit too noisy for me though.. although cobra does tend to produce wonderfully sounding drivers...

i'm totally loving the s9-1... gives me great feel at impact, and none of that clunky thunky sound which my nike sumo used to produce.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Cobra jokes and discussion and answers   Cobra jokes and discussion and answers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:01 pm

and the cobra pro CB too. heard rave reviews about it, never got opportunity to try it though
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Cobra jokes and discussion and answers   Cobra jokes and discussion and answers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:08 pm

I'm guessing you really like to pound the ball, lol. In other words, ur swing speed damn fast la.. from ur mention of the s9-1 pro D and pro CB.
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Cobra jokes and discussion and answers   Cobra jokes and discussion and answers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:23 pm

Thanks MT for starting this thread..
The discussion from the "ask cobra" has been moved over to this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Cobra jokes and discussion and answers   Cobra jokes and discussion and answers I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:13 am

Birdman wrote:
I'm guessing you really like to pound the ball, lol. In other words, ur swing speed damn fast la.. from ur mention of the s9-1 pro D and pro CB.

no lah, my swing speed is only 95 for driver.. for irons it is in the 80s region... it is not very fast...

and u are right that i like to pound the ball and see the ball fly... but i only do that in the range... on the course i generally try to keep my balls in position to play them properly from the fairway rather than being stuck under a huge tree with its branches hanging all over me, or having to trudge through grass taller than my knees just to find my precious little ball...

and i have personally not tried to pro CB, though i would love to, but then again, the graphics seem a little too noisy for me, and i also got no budget for it. haha..

but frankly, i find that using cobra drivers really leave a very deep subliminal impact on your brain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cobra jokes and discussion and answers   Cobra jokes and discussion and answers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cobra jokes and discussion and answers
Page 1 of 1