Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

course management .....the slow way

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

course management .....the slow way Empty
PostSubject: course management .....the slow way   course management .....the slow way I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:02 pm

For the longest time, I really have no freaking plan when I tee off or even when I am hitting my 2nd shot (for par 4 and par 5).....I simply aim for the direction of the green and then hope for the best.

Many times...say 1 out of 3 times, I put myself in a tough position and with my limited golfing profficiency (i usually play white tee)...the results can be really bad eg.

#1 There is a bunker inbetween my ball and the green....and red flag....die liao

#2 my ball is sitting on an uneven slope....my worst fear is down slope....

#3 I give myself no green to work with ...especially fm 50m out coz I cant do the flop type of shot

After so many games across so many years, I am more natural in taking a few seconds to plan where I am directing my shot instead of just hit and run...

I do hope folks who are like me....who have limited distance .....take a moment to plan...not too long though

life is becoming slightly easier and less stressful nowadays.....still a long way to go..but momentum is building.

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: course management .....the slow way   course management .....the slow way I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:27 pm

dear duval,

my suggestion is : U n PS need to play more often with me n capt...., we can enlighten u

my phone is 100% charged liao....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: course management .....the slow way   course management .....the slow way I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:31 pm

i also think its about time.....lemme talk to PS about bad boy ...oops we are now known as B2M (Boyz to Men) reunion

there is no point hiding anymore ...... I NEED TO FACE MY FEAR....

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: course management .....the slow way   course management .....the slow way I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm

Duval_S wrote:
i also think its about time.....lemme talk to PS about bad boy ...oops we are now known as B2M (Boyz to Men) reunion

well done, i will chop capt for this day....

btw, if u go to the OCC guide written by blee, its a course management manuel, foolproof as long as u hit them straight....
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: course management .....the slow way   course management .....the slow way I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:20 am

Duval_S wrote:

brother, I'm all for facing fear but hear this

last time I played with shifu slinger, there were 15 strokes between us. To ask this many strokes, I also paiseh, I know he will give me his range card instead.

as to capt, do you know that capt didn't lose against the reigning bad boys (who btw beat the top ranked gf/asahi 6-5)? Intelligence suggest right now capt is practicing hard for a big tournament, macam Rory is gearing for US open.

pls don't confuse bravery with foolishness, again Laughing

PS: and if you still not convinced, check my status on the left
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: course management .....the slow way   course management .....the slow way I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:22 am

slinger wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

well done, i will chop capt for this day....

btw, if u go to the OCC guide written by blee, its a course management manuel, foolproof as long as u hit them straight....

Slinger, he no need to read la.. he knows the course very well liao.. What a Face

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: course management .....the slow way   course management .....the slow way I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:54 am

Quote :
[quote="bleebtw, if u go to the OCC guide written by blee, its a course management manuel, foolproof as long as u hit them straight....

Slinger, he no need to read la.. he knows the course very well liao.. What a Face

[/quote][/quote]

pls hor...... across 6 months, I played there 3 times during my personal monthly medal....how to be very familiar......

Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: course management .....the slow way   course management .....the slow way I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:57 am

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the game yesterday, it was pleasure to pick up some course management tips from u.

Hope to put it to good use!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: course management .....the slow way   course management .....the slow way I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:17 am

Quote :
pushslice wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

brother, I'm all for facing fear but hear this

last time I played with shifu slinger, there were 15 strokes between us. To ask this many strokes, I also paiseh, I know he will give me his range card instead.

as to capt, do you know that capt didn't lose against the reigning bad boys (who btw beat the top ranked gf/asahi 6-5)? Intelligence suggest right now capt is practicing hard for a big tournament, macam Rory is gearing for US open.

pls don't confuse bravery with foolishness, again Laughing

PS: and if you still not convinced, check my status on the left

thanks for bringing me back fm cloud 9......yes....i times get confused between the both.....since slinger batt is full....let me buy him kopi this sat and see what he has in mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: course management .....the slow way   course management .....the slow way I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

course management .....the slow way
Page 1 of 1