Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Company golf day at Serapong Course

Go down 
+4
pushslice
slinger
Supermario
buweeza
8 posters
AuthorMessage
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Company golf day at Serapong Course Empty
PostSubject: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi Guys,

Going to play at my company's golf day at Serapong Course next week. Anyone played the course and any advice? Are the fairways narrow / forgiving? Long? etc.

Damn scary....

Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 6:39 pm

I have a horrendous driver shot but irons are good. Is there such a thing as a quick fix? Or else I'm considering tee-ing off with the 3/4 Iron. At least I'm confident it goes where I aim towards to...
Back to top Go down
Supermario
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:30 pm

I played Serapong last friday. To be frank, the sand bunkers are almost countless. You will face major challenges if your irons are spraying.

There will always be lots of bunkers around the greens and bunkers are also created strategically to capture spraying tee shots.

other than that, the course is very enjoying as it is one of the best courses in singapore.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Serapong White Tees:

Hole 1: Par 4, 350m, slight dog-leg par 4 with big bunkers on the right, chose your distance off the tee carefully to avoid right bunker and also avoid the trees on the left blocking your approach to the green, driver hook left will leave your ball down the slope towards hole 8 green, ideally leave about 130m-150m to the green to avoid both left hazard n right bunker, huge green, depending in pin location, u might need 1-2 club more...

Hole 2: Par 3, 140m, downhill par 3 with huge elevation, 1-2 club difference depending on pin location, huge green but plenty of breaks

Hole 3: Par 4, 380m, dog-leg left, this is a INDEX 1 hole, forest left n OB right with a huge tree on the fairway blocking your approach if u are unlucky, i would play 200-210m off the tee to avoid the right OB (dun take chance, anything with a slice is a OB), 2nd shot is about 150-170m to the green with downhill elevation to a huge green (that is if u are not blocked by this HUGE tree), i usually play safe on this hole, wait for flightmates to make mistakes.... bogey can win

going out with my kids, update later....
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:36 pm

Serapong: Must keep it in the fairways...not only because theres lots of water and woods, but also because the greens are tough to hit (many blockage, far away, narrow, firm and many bunkers) so you gotta be in best place to hit your second-third-fourth shot.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Anyway now I think they are preparing for Barclays already so the rough should be pretty deep.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:35 pm

No la barclays is still in nov.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:43 pm

buweeza wrote:
I have a horrendous driver shot but irons are good. Is there such a thing as a quick fix? Or else I'm considering tee-ing off with the 3/4 Iron. At least I'm confident it goes where I aim towards to...

I have the reverse of your problem. No problem with by Driver, but my irons are all real screwed up nowadays. Wonder why? Sad
Back to top Go down
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:50 pm

bro, if you going to tee off the blue, you'd better be smacking those drives onto safe ground to even have a glimmer of a chance on the par 4's. Personally i think the course is difficult. I sincerely hope you get to play on the white tees, its probably more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Okay guys.. sorry I wanted to post an update earlier but have been so busy last few weeks.

It was a shot-gun tee-off which meant I started at Hole 17. I was partnering some clients from China. The secretary to the board, plus his secretary. So his secretary is theoritically, Secretary of the Secretary of the Board, which was exactly what his name card had written on it. I found that superbly hillarious, at least, untill he started tee-ing off.

He did not know GOLF, that's an understatement. I mean LITERALLY he would be better off swimming or something playing ping pong. It was a par 3. I told him to use either 8 or 7. He teed off with a driver and after 4 air strokes I went and picked out his 7 iron for him. He then gestured at the ball and said that he already using 7. I'm not exagerrating. There was a "7" on the golf ball and he thought that the number on the golf ball dictated how far it would fly. W-T-F.

Anyways, all my reservations about my horrible driver swing floated away. I was more concerned on making sure he stays out of trouble, and repairing his Huge divots for him along the way.

Flight 1 (hole 1) was our Emeritus Mr GCK and my company CEO. So naturally without a flight 18, my flight was trailing Flight 1 shortly. I saw myself as some sort of protector of SG. Repairing our world-class golfcourse and at the same time preventing my client from decimating our emeritus Minister. Trust me, it was a stressful experience.

I played 96 though Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:00 pm

buweeza wrote:
Okay guys.. sorry I wanted to post an update earlier but have been so busy last few weeks.

It was a shot-gun tee-off which meant I started at Hole 17. I was partnering some clients from China. The secretary to the board, plus his secretary. So his secretary is theoritically, Secretary of the Secretary of the Board, which was exactly what his name card had written on it. I found that superbly hillarious, at least, untill he started tee-ing off.

He did not know GOLF, that's an understatement. I mean LITERALLY he would be better off swimming or something playing ping pong. It was a par 3. I told him to use either 8 or 7. He teed off with a driver and after 4 air strokes I went and picked out his 7 iron for him. He then gestured at the ball and said that he already using 7. I'm not exagerrating. There was a "7" on the golf ball and he thought that the number on the golf ball dictated how far it would fly. W-T-F.

Anyways, all my reservations about my horrible driver swing floated away. I was more concerned on making sure he stays out of trouble, and repairing his Huge divots for him along the way.

Flight 1 (hole 1) was our Emeritus Mr GCK and my company CEO. So naturally without a flight 18, my flight was trailing Flight 1 shortly. I saw myself as some sort of protector of SG. Repairing our world-class golfcourse and at the same time preventing my client from decimating our emeritus Minister. Trust me, it was a stressful experience.

I played 96 though Smile
Serapong with a score is 96? That's good...
Back to top Go down
SigmaOne
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
SigmaOne

PostSubject: Re: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:22 pm

buweeza wrote:

Get a sand wedge with more bounce, say abt 14 degree. Borrow one cos for this course specifically.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SigmaGolfStudio.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Company golf day at Serapong Course   Company golf day at Serapong Course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Company golf day at Serapong Course
Page 1 of 1