Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JB game, transportation and nearest course.

Go down 
+5
Birdman
enwee
bogeyman72
wolverine
joshyo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

JB game, transportation and nearest course. Empty
PostSubject: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Hello GRians. I have a problem here, next tuesday a few friends and I want to head to JB for a game. Problem is, we have no CAR!

So is there course that is more easily accessible (nearer to causeway, Tuas or woodlands) and fairly easy to play off? We'll probably take a cab in or is there any way to arrange pick up from the checkpoint? heh. Or any other kind of transportation we can arrange? it'll be a 3 or 4 ball. no Confirmation.

Thanks in advance
Josh
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Or rather, i dont know my way around JB so im scared to take my dads car Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi Bro,

Here the link, not sure still valid or not

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t3021-golf-packages

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t1094-looking-for-golf-course-van-transport?highlight=transport+agent

Keep us updated if still valid, ya!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:45 pm

It is quite easy to navigate your way around JB... there's always a first time to drive-in... JMHO
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:55 pm

joshyo wrote:
Or rather, i dont know my way around JB so im scared to take my dads car Very Happy
Most of the courses quite hard to go if you got no car. Perhaps u can call Palm Resort or Ponderosa and check with them. If you drive Poresia is the nearest to the 2nd link.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:03 pm

Best to follow someone in if you are driving for the first time, just to be on the safe side. Especially if the car is your dad's, lol.

Even nearby courses like Poresia can get lost, all it takes is one missed turn. Miss a turn off on the highway, even worse.

Hired transport is your best bet, or alternatively, you could extend an invitation to play to some kind GR soul who drives.

He could lead you in while you follow in your dad's car; if it's just a foursome, you can tompang his car or vice versa.

Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi joshyo,

A friend of mine has a transport service company that can pick you guys up, send you to the Jb golf course and then send you back to your individual houses.

If you are interested, please call him or whatsapp him

Dino:
+60127808955
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:08 pm

You can play Palm Resort and they do provide transport from Jurong Fairway to the JB club although I am not sure if this is available on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Birdman wrote:
Best to follow someone in if you are driving for the first time, just to be on the safe side. Especially if the car is your dad's, lol.

Even nearby courses like Poresia can get lost, all it takes is one missed turn. Miss a turn off on the highway, even worse.

Hired transport is your best bet, or alternatively, you could extend an invitation to play to some kind GR soul who drives.

He could lead you in while you follow in your dad's car; if it's just a foursome, you can tompang his car or vice versa.

Spoke my mind there bro. Malaysia is very different from SG lol. Wrong turn can really cry, miss turn lagi worse... go to KL and come back :X Even with GPS also scared to go in actually. Somehow tt time my friend drove us to HH seemed pretty straight forward, but HH ex ar. I've been into MY many times with my parents, miss turn sometimes really very jialat, drive for miles before can U turn..

Anyway, I really appreciate the time u guys take to reply me, i'll look through the different alternatives.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Wolverine: This info i found on ur link, Stephen 98766927 still works, but i find Dino's offer to be more of "the deal", pick up one location and send back to ur homes @ 400RM.

Stephen charges $220 for pick up and drop off at one location.

These are the rates for my group of 3 ball. If more people i guess different rates, but that isn't my concern right now. Beer
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:03 pm

There something call GPS and I always use it to golf at JB...
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Palm Resort has a great offer- http://www.palmresort.com/golf-transfer-promo-176-72.aspx

S$99 with door to door transfer + green fees, buggy, meals & taxes!

Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Kengnam wrote:
There something call GPS and I always use it to golf at JB...

My GPS failed me once in JB, ruined plans for the day lol. Usually its ok tho.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Another one, you can try...sebana provided they still open, take boat from TMFT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JB game, transportation and nearest course.   JB game, transportation and nearest course. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JB game, transportation and nearest course.
Page 1 of 1